Chapter 20

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been six months since she's been staying in the house. She has not been having any personal encounters with the President or even their sons because ever since that incident with the First Lady, Shin Hye cleaned the room as told when none of her sons were around and Ahjummonie only gave her backend jobs to reduce the encounter between the First Lady and Shin Hye.

Every night without fail she carefully plotted the map of the house as if it was a blueprint. She managed to take photos with a special camera that was given to her by Ji Sub that the photos taken by her would be link directly to her Sunbaes. But there was a place that she has not been able to gain access to, one of the house in the compound, that looked like an old abandoned cabin from the outside. It was cordoned by densed trees and even if one stays in the house, it can be missed out. It was kept locked and it was difficult to figure out how to unlock it. Shin Hye did not take a picture of it yet since she herself was unsure about the place. 

That morning on her usual timing to avoid any encounter with the men of the house, she went to Jonghyun's room to carry out her cleaning duties. She ensured to clean every nook and cranny of the room. But every time she caught a glimpse of the photo, she would stare at it for quite sometime before moving on to clean the other parts of the room. She then proceeded to clean Min Ki's room. And that morning, something unexpected happened. It would be her very first encounter with Min Ki as a housemaid. The man that Min Ho punched. The one that insulted Min Ho's mother. 

As the door was not locked, she entered the room as usual only to find out that it was not vacant. Min Ki was awoken by the sudden intrusion into his room.

"What the hell?! You wanna get fired for disturbing my sleep like this?! UH? Ahjumma?!" said Min Ki who was outrage.

Shin Hye immediately look to the ground, bowed to apologise and to excuse herself.

"Stop! Where do you think you're going after waking me up like this Ahjumma?! You need to be reminded."

Min Ki got up from his bed and confronted the supposed Ahjumma that had disturbed his sleep. As he got closer to Shin Hye, he realised that it was not an Ahjumma that was infront of him.

"I've never seen you around in this house before. Are you new?"

Shin Hye nodded.

"Huh?! What is this? Are you mute too?"

Shin Hye just stood there when Mrs. Lee walked into the room.

"Ya~!! What are you doing in my son's room when he is still in?!"

"Omma~ What are you doing here?" Min Ki asked.

"I heard you screaming just now. That's why I came to check on what went wrong. Did she cause trouble again?"

"Ani... It's just that I've never seen her before..."

"She's the Ahjumma's niece."

"She can't speak too?"

"Neh.. I think the whole family is cursed that's why..."

YOU! YOU ARE THE CURSED ONE! How dare you say that to a nice woman like Seon Ja Ahjummonie!!! - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Why are you still standing here for? Go and do your other jobs and let my son sleep in peace."

Shin Hye bowed before leaving the room with the cleaning supplies. 

Meanwhile, things was not looking good for Min Ho. The agency signed Jaejoong and Junsu, and had been focusing on promoting their solo albums and other activities such as drama and musicals. With the two big names signed, they were raking in more money and profits were on a high. Min Ho on the other hand was receiving less job because complaints about his behaviour and work attitude caused him to lose some of the endorsements.

Jaejoong and Junsu's move to the agency was due to the assignment. They wanted to understand how the agency works and how they divide the earnings between the agency and the artist involved. They wanted to get hold of the contract as evidence. When the agency managed to sign the two artistes up, it did cause a huge sensation in the media but it died down just as fast thus no one suspected the real purpose of the move except those who are involved in the assignment.

That day Min Ho has a single photoshoot to go to. Manager Yoo was driving the van towards the location.

"Min Ho ya~~~ Let's do the job proper this time. Arasso?"

"Neh Hyung~~" Min Ho answered in a listless manner as he put his headphones on.

Min Ho has been acting this way ever since Shin Hye stopped working and stopped all contacts with him. He would cry himself to sleep trying to figure where did it all go wrong. He would recall the days when a man would pick Shin Hye up while holding hands and smiling at each other. Min Ho could not believe th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter