Chapter 16

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho was driving around non-stop aimlessly with the stereo playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpY-aPrhhMQ

and Shin Hye did not even thought of stopping him and kept him accompanied all the way. She was not going to leave him all alone after what she had witnessed, it was finally sunset and Shin Hye began to worry that he would tire himself out if he continued in this way.

Shin Hye finally spoke. 

"Shall we go somewhere?"

"Huh?" Min Ho who was snapped out from his thoughts.

"Where to?"

"A place where I always go."

"Where is that?"

"Hmmm... I'll show you the way as we go along..."

"Alright."

Shin Hye directed him to the place that she would always go when she needs to self-reflect about her life before she got busy working as a bodyguard for Min Ho.

The place that Shin Hye frequent was very quiet that night and there was no one around. They got out of the car and took a seat by the riverside.

Similar to scene that they had back in the States that night when their identities were revealed, the two of them sat side by side in silence facing towards the river.

"Why here? Shin Hye-sshi?" Min Ho began to speak, breaking the long silence.

"I thought that I should share this place with you." Shin Hye replied with a smile.

"Why? Do you always come here often?"

"I used to come here often."

"Whatever for?"

"I used to come here before I got busy working for you. I would come here to ponder about life. My life and sometimes.. Just sometimes I wonder how different it would be."

"Why would you want it to be different?" Min Ho asked Shin Hye as she got him all curious about her now.

"We are all human aren't we?"

"Yes.. And?"

"And... as humans we are usually never satisfied with the life we have. We are always searching and seeking for more. We are never content. In this life being content somehow it made others think that we have no ambition, no dreams, no goals in life."

"What are you trying to say, Shin Hye-sshi?" Min Ho who was trying to figure out the purpose of Shin Hye's talk.

"I was like that once too.. Always on my toes. Always striving and wanting for more. Always seeking for more. Never content. I always wanted to be at the forefront. To beat the rest of the guys to prove myself. To prove my worth. Pushing boundaries and myself towards and beyond my limits."

"How did you get into this anyway? It's definitely a male dominated field."

"How?" Shin Hye reiterate with a smile.

"It's a long story but I'll make it short enough without leaving out the juicy bits though." Shin Hye said as she let out a chuckle.

"Please do." said Min Ho with a smile on his face.

"Well... I wanted to spend more time with Appa... But he was always busy. And when he has free time, he would play sports with my Oppa and teach him martial arts skills. And I was usually left alone to play on my own as Omma was busy with keeping the house together by doing the household chores, cooking and things like that. Well even though I am a girl, I don't quite like doing household chores you know? And to watch my Oppa and Appa having fun times together makes me want to join in the fun too. So one day while he was training up my Oppa, I told Appa that I wanted to be just as good as my Oppa and even better than him."

"And your Appa said no? Because he sees you as his princess?" Min Ho assuming that since fathers usually dotes on their daughters.

"Hahahaha! That has got to be one of the biggest joke in my entire life."

"Huh?!" Min Ho replied feeling puzzled.

"He definitely did not see me as that at all. Hmmmm.... Maybe... Maybe he did see me as a princess."

"Really? There.. I thought so too.."

"Well... It would be Princess of the Jungle. Hahahahaha." Shin Hye burst out laughing causing the mood to lighten up as Min Ho began to smile again.

"He agreed to my request and he started training me just as he did to my Oppa." Shin Hye continuesd.

"For real?!"

"Yup... It was a total disciplinarian way of teaching. I did not get by just because I was a girl."

"Wow~ That must be tough."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter