Chapter 30

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoochun was still deep in his thoughts. He was still feeling conflicted. They were trained since young by their father to love and care for their motherland. To do all they can for their motherland even if it means to sacrifice their lives. The oath that he once took to serve the country replayed in his mind over and over again.

I, Park Yoochun, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, defend and preserve the Constitution of the Republic of South Korea against all intruders, be it the origin is from a foreign land and/or domestically; that I will bear true conviction and pledged my allegiance to the very government that the citizens has rightfully selected to be their leaders to uphold the Constitution; that I am taking on this obligation out of free will, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully undertake the duties that will be assigned to me by the office on which I am about to enter. 

Yoochun could not believe the kind of oath that he had to upkeep. The words and his thought scared him  to an extent that he was crying badly by then, as he tried to beat out his thoughts with his own hand repeatedly by hitting his own head but it did not go away because within the study room when he first saw Shin Hye's listless body, as an in-service officer, Shin Hye, his beloved sister would be considered an intruder as she was outrightly against the chosen leader that the citizens had voted and that he would have to go against her right there and then if he was not involved and aware of this assignment. 

Yoochun kept crying and crying till his eyes were swollen.

What the am I doing? Who am I doing all this for? Why should I bother to do this? Hurting my very own family that I love and care so deeply for. - Yoochun's thoughts. 

His moral and beliefs were totally against the very oath that he had taken. For the first time he understood what his Sunbaes, the one who had left felt when they had to serve such a government. As the words of his Sunbaes began to take over his mind, finally Yoochun managed to gather all of his thoughts before walking back towards the ward that Shin Hye was in. As he approached the ward he saw that Min Ho was still by his sister's side. 

He walked into the room and tapped on Min Ho's shoulder.

"Min Ho-sshi." Yoochun called him out.

"Neh?"

"I need to talk to you for awhile. Outside. Follow me."

"Ok." 

Min Ho who was reluctant to leave Shin Hye alone followed Yoochun outside the ward and went to the staircase landing of the level.

"What is it that you would like to talk to me about?" Min Ho asked him sincerely.

"About you."

"Huh? Me? What about me?"

Yoochun took a deep breath before he expressed his thoughts to Min Ho in an assertive tone, "I know you are the President's son. And we have been suspecting that the President is involve in many illegal dealings but he is receiving his main income to fund his campaigns and other deeds from an entertainment agency. Have you been supporting him?" 

"Why are you so quick to assume that?" Min Ho who did not like the way Yoochun had asked him.

"We have been carrying out this investigation for a long time already. And at one point of time, his business failed and could not recover from the major financial crisis. And then all of a sudden when you got your breakthrough, that happens to be around the time that he was spending a lot on his political campaign. It totally conincides."

It finally dawned on Min Ho that this conversation meant serious business that the scale is really huge and that he should not be talking as a son of Mr. Lee but instead as another fellow citizen who is worried about the peace within the country. He too took a deep breath before he spoke,

"I do not know what kind of dealings he was involved in. I just provided money to support my family that was facing problems, a father that needed my help and I had the ability to help. That was my only intention. I did not know what he was up to other than that. I was never welcome in the family in the first place.."

"Because your mother isn't the first lady right? That's why you had to keep yourself hidden." Yoochun chimed in.

"How did you know?! Did Shin Hye tell you?" Min Ho was feeling agitated.

Yoochun could not believe that Shin Hye would be in love with such man who had little faith in her. He calmed himself down before he answered Min Ho;

"No. If you really do love her, you will know that she is not that kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter