Chapter 8

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Yoochun arrived back home from Jeju while Shin Hye was still asleep. He saw that Shin Hye’s helmet was on the cupboard and he assumed that she was at home. He went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the both of them feeling empathetic that he did not bring Shin Hye along to Jeju. He went to the fridge to grab the necessary ingredients to prepare two Korean dishes for his beloved sister; Kimchi Fried Rice and Tofu Bean Paste Soup.

Shin Hye who was still in slumberland; was awoken by the smell of the fermented bean paste and the stir-frying of Kimchi. With her eyes closed, her upper body sprang up from the pillow that was supporting her head the whole night that she was asleep in. She sat on her bed with her nose fidgeting to gather all the smell that she could to satisfy her dream-like situation. Yoochun who was done with the dishes, walked towards her room and realized that she did not lock it. He peeked in before opening the door to witness what Shin Hye was doing. He stood there for quite sometime before he approached her. He stood by her ears and whispered;

“Shin Hye ah~ Feeling hungry?”

Shin Hye nodded.

“If you are hungry, then OPEN YOUR EYES!”

The sudden change in the volume caused Shin Hye’s eyes to open!

“Ya~!”

*smack*

“You scare me Oppa!”

Yoochun who was nursing his freshly-hit arm with a pout, “Yes, I’ve learnt my lesson. It seems your smack is even more deadly when you are dreaming.”

Shin Hye was smiling at Yoochun's reaction before she helped to soothe the pain which causes him to smile.

"Let's go Ssinz.. I've prepared breakfast. Have it before you go to work."

"Neh... "

They exit Shin Hye's bedroom and she helped him to scoop the food into a bowl and a plate respectively. She also grabbed the cutleries, consisting of spoon and chopsticks towards the dining table.

"Had fun yesterday Oppa?"

"Yup. We did."

"How's Appa and Omma?"

"They are doing well too. They ask me to send you their regards. I told them you found a job too."

"Thanks Oppa. Speaking of sending regards, Oppa! I met In Sung Sunbae yesterday."

"In Sung Sunbae?"

"Yup... Still as handsome.."

"What did he say? Is he married so he can get you off his back?" Yoochun said with a laughter earning a glare from Shin Hye.

"Okay okay.. I'm sorry... What did he say?" 

"He told me to ask you to call him." Shin Hye explained.

For a moment, Yoochun spaced out in his own thoughts.

"Oppa~? You okay? Are you listening?"

"Eh? Neh.. I'm listening. Sure will give him a call. When do you have to be at work?"

"Soon?"

"How was your first day?"

"Honestly not that bad as I thought it would be. The manager is nice to me."

"Good... If only you were guarding a female artist. That would be better.."

"For who? For you isn't it?"

"Hahahaha~"

The siblings finished their breakfast happily and times like this are rare for them as their schedules clashes with each other's. Shin Hye then went to her room to take a shower and prepare herself for work.

 

She took her helmet and headed to the carpark and rode towards the agency. When she reached the agency, she was told to report to CEO Ahn's office. Already present in the office were Manager Yoo and Min Ho. 

*knock knock*

"Come in."

"Annyeonghasaeyo Ahn Sajang-nim."

"Neh.."

"You looking for me?"

"Yes. I need you to sign on the new contract before you leave for the planned schedule."

"Neh."

Shin Hye read the contract and signed on the dotted line.

"Alright good. Remember tomorrow you will be flying off to the U.S with Kim Tan for his commercial filming."

"Huh?! Only me and Kim Tan-sshi??"

"Yes."

"How about Manager Yoo then?"

"His wife is still unwell. So he needs to take some time off. Anyway since it's the U.S having you around will be fine. You can speak English anyway and Manager Yoo can't. So it will be better for you to go."

"Neh."

The three of them left the office with Shin Hye still not feeling satisfied about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter