Chapter 31

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who are these people?" The Judge asked the police officer in charge of the court hearing to rectify their identities. 

"We are here to take the stand as relevant witnesses, your honor."

After rectifying, before they give their statement, they took an oath to say the truth and nothing but the truth. 

"Your honor, I would like to call out Lee Jonghyun-sshi to the stand." 

He was asked questions after questions. Jonghyun gave his statement on the behaviour of his dad and brother and how they treat people and their staff in general. It was difficult for Jonghyun to give statement against his own family but after witnessing what happened to Shin Hye, he made his decision along with Min Ho and the lady.

 

Flashback

Min Ho called Jonghyun;

"Jonghyunnie~ I think you need to come back to Seoul now... The court hearing is soon and we need to get it done as soon as possible."

"What? To give statement against my own family?!"

It was understandable for Jonghyun to be angry and his refusal to take a stand against his father and his elder brother. No matter how much he dislike them, it was never to a point of hate because no matter what they are his family. Even his mother who had been in contact with him to advise him against testifying in court. For a few weeks, he for the first time in his entire life ignored Min Ho's text and calls pleading for his help to testify until the day that he answered the call.

"This is not only about our family. This is the well-being of the nation Jonghyun. I understand where you are coming from but you need to understand that this is more than just family matters."

"Easy for you to say Hyung~"

"Jonghyunnie~ Out of all people, I can't believe you said that to me."

Jonghyun immediately felt sorry for what he had just said knowing what Min Ho had been through all this time. 

"You know what Jonghyunnie~ I don't know how else to convince you but it seems I have no choice but to do it in this manner. You hold on for awhile."

Min Ho had just sent Jonghyun an image through MMS.

Min Ho got back to his phone call and said;

"Take a look at your inbox and you'll see what I mean."

Jonghyun opened the inbox as Min Ho had told him to and it was an image of Shin Hye lying down in the hospital unconscious with a bruised face but Jonghyun could not recognise his own muse.

"Why are you sending me a random victim image?!"

"Random? You said random? Oh my gosh..."

"What are you trying to do Hyung?"

"The image you had just seen, that was the lady that you have been praising non-stop since the first time you saw her."

"Huh? Lady? Non-stop praising?" Jonghyun remarked as he tried to recollect his thoughts.

"HYUNG! Don't tell me it's your colleague???!!!" Jonghyun finally realised that it was his muse.

"What happened to her?!"

"I think it's better for you to see for yourself. So please come back to Seoul for the court hearing."

End of Flashback

 

Jonghyun was subjected to the cross examining too but he was not shakened and determined to see justice served. After Jonghyun had given his statement, the prosecutor called for another witness to the stand.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" The prosecutor asked him. 

"Yes. My name is Lee Min Ho also known as Kim Tan and I am the illegitimate son of President Lee."

The whole court room was in shock at his confession. He brought the DNA report to prove the authenticity of his statement. Min Ho was able to retrieve a sample of his DNA through a strand of hair on one of his visit to the jail where his dad was held in.

His father that was behind the glassed panel was in shock.

Didn't I destroyed all evidence already??! - President Lee's thoughts.

Min Ho was questioned and gave his statement. Similar to Jonghyun, he was not shakened for one bit. He was determined more than anyone else to see that justice was served. 

 

Flashback

"Min Ho-sshi... I need some time from you.." Yoochun pleaded.

"There's nothing for us to talk about."

Yoochun had been following Min Ho around to get Min Ho to testify in court against his own father but Min Ho being a fillial son, did not want to do it. 

"Please Min Ho-sshi... Please.. For my sister."

"Your sister has hurt me too. Your sister is not the only one who was hurt in the process." Min Ho said as he was feeling conflicted with all that was going on.

Yoochun heaved a deep sigh as he passed Min Ho a thumbdrive.

"What is this?!"

"See it for yourself."

That night, Min Ho went back to his apartment and was very curious about the contents of the thumbdrive e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter