Chapter 19

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the talk with her brother and Sunbaes, she felt conflicted having to work for Min Ho. She tried every ways to make him hate her but he had fallen head over heels with her. Shin Hye had no other choice but to attack Min Ho's weakness, i.e. his love for her. On days that Changmin was not on duty, he would pick Shin Hye up from work. She would purposefully not ride her motorcycle to the agency just so it makes it natural for her to be going out on a date with Changmin. They make an effort to ensure that Min Ho witnessed the encounters. She even took medical leave that she had never taken before except the time when she had to stay home to recuperate from her shoulder injury, just so she could avoid facing Min Ho and her guilt. It was stressing her out so much and she could not sleep at night. Yoochun felt bad about it but his father's accident overwhelmed his sense of empathy towards Shin Hye. At one point, due to his guilt, Yoochun wanted to stop Shin Hye from progressing further but she had already convinced herself to join in the assignment by then.

Shin Hye followed the Ahjummonie back to the house. She was brought to the housekeeper's room that the Ahjummonie had been living in after her only daughter went to the UK to study under scholarship though her living expenses were not covered. Thus by being a live-in housekeeper, she would be able to save more and sent it to her daughter. That was how they manage to convince the Ahjumma to help them with the assignment by assuring her that they will help to settle the living expenses of her beloved daughter.

Shin Hye is meant to assume the role of the Ahjummonie's niece from the countryside who had moved to Seoul after the passing of her parents, but due to her speech impairment - the inability to speak, it has been difficult for her to get a job. So the Ahjummonie after agreeing to help them, told the First Lady that her 'niece' (Shin Hye a.k.a Choi Kang Hee) would be coming in to take up the available job vacancy that they (the Lee Family) have been wanting to fill for quite sometime but was not able to find the right candidate. 

She settled in and laid down beside Seon Ja Ahjummonie when she received a text message from Yoochun.

From: Chunnie Oppa

To: Ssinz

I'm sorry to put you through this, hope you are settling in well and I can never thank you enough for doing this for our Appa. Love you Ssinz.

 

From: Ssinz

To: Chunnie Oppa

Don't mention it Oppa. Love you too. 

Shin Hye laid down on her side with a tear streaming down her face and sobbing. Seon Ja Ahjummonie turned around from back facing Shin Hye earlier to face her. She wiped Shin Hye's tears away and she later patted on Shin Hye's shoulder to comfort a heart broken young girl since the Ahjummonie knew the reason behind this whole arrangment. Seon Ja Ahjummonie continued to pat Shin Hye until she fell asleep. 

...............

The next morning, Shin Hye was brought to the first lady to greet her, with Seon Ja Ahjumma accompanying Shin Hye. Shin Hye gave a 90-degree bow to the first lady to show her respect and that made the first lady feel good. 

"So this is the niece you were referring to Ahjumma?"

Seon Ja Ahjummonie nodded.

"So I'll assign you your task in this house." The First Lady had turn her focus towards Shin Hye.

"You are to take care of the young master, my eldest son for now and attend to his needs. For now my younger son is away in Japan but you still need to maintain his room in tip top condition. Arasso?" Mrs. Lee continued.

Shin Hye nodded. 

"Good. The rest you can refer to Ahjumma for the rules and regulations in this house."

Shin Hye nodded again.

"Remember... you are able to work here because we are generous people not everyone is as generous as us."

Shin Hye bowed to show her gratitude.

"It's so good to work with people who can't answer you back." Mrs Lee spoke to herself but was audible to Shin Hye who has a keen sense of hearing.

WTF? I can't believe those words can come out from the mouth of a First Lady. If she is the First Lady,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter