Chapter 5

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They took the lift to the basement carpark where the celebrity vans are. They will be heading towards Gangnam where the fan signing event will be held. Gangnam is known for branded shopping in South Korea. One of the places where rows and rows of branded boutiques can be found and one of those shops is the brand that Kim Tan a.k.a Lee Min Ho is endorsing; Trugen. The fan signing will be held at Trugen Boutique. Only fans who have bought a certain amount of the products he endorsed are allowed to have his exclusive autograph and a handshake. As the van was reaching the venue, rows of fangirls were already forming a line outside the boutique causing Shin Hye to be amazed.

"Are all these girls coming to see you Kim Tan-sshi?" Shin Hye asked.

"Well Yeah... " Min Ho replied with a much smugness.

But the words that comes next would surprise Min Ho,

"Do they actually know that you are a childish and chauvinistic of some sort?" Shin Hye innocently asked as she changed her focus from the crowd that was waiting in line to Min Ho who could not believe what he just heard.

"Mwo???!!! What did you just call me?!"

Manager Yoo who was laughing at the front in the driver's seat did not help to soothe the situation at all!

"Serves you right Kim Tan~~ Wah~~ I'm so relieved someone dare to say that infront of you!"

"Hyung~~!"

"Wae? Trying to ask me for help? The lady is asking you a question... Answer her..."

"Aish~~! I don't see a reason for me to answer your question."

"It's okay... I think I can tell from your reply. Thanks anyway.."

Just when Min Ho thought that Shin Hye had finished;

"What happens if they find out about that Kim Tan-sshi?"

Min Ho eyes widened and he was speechless, all he could utter was "CHA.... EUN... SANG!!!" 

Both Shin Hye and Manager Yoo was laughing even louder than before. 

"That's why I say be nice to your co-worker... You never know when they strike back...!"

"Hyung~~ You are really joining forces with her uh?"

"Eun Sang ah~~ This boy over here... He always has girls barking up his tree... So that's why he's like that with you..."

"Oooo~~ Because I don't bark.. I talk to him instead...?" Shin Hye added on sarcastically.

"Ahh~~ Yes yes... you can say that... You treat him like a human instead..."

Min Ho who is sitting beside Shin Hye is fuming with anger.

"Ya Kim Tan, we are reaching already... Don't pull a long face like that."

"How can I not?! When the both of you are doing that to me?"

"You sure want to prove me that my comments are right uh?" Shin Hye chimed in.

"If I am not right then ignore what I said... and...."

"Remember Kim Tan, happy fans equals money, money equal profits, profits equals a happy CEO and shareholders." Shin Hye said as she imitate CEO Ahn's voice.

Manager Yoo could not contain his glee. "Ya Eun Sang ah~~ It's only your first day and I am liking you already!" 

Finally Manager Yoo parked the van. Screaming fans could already be heard from the insides of the van. 

"Wah~~ Daebak! Smile Kim Tan-sshi, your fans are here to see you~~" Shin Hye remarked before she opened the door.

As soon as the doors to the van open, Shin Hye was on alert and doing her job. She ensure that there was space between the fans and Min Ho. There were other bodyguards present at the location that was hired by Trugen themselves to be stationed at the boutique.

Fans were swarming the group like worker bees to its queen. Shin Hye managed to keep away hands of girls that were trying to reach out to grab onto Min Ho's arm and shoulder. Even though the distance from the van to the entrance of the location only takes a minute or so, the crowd delayed his entrance till it took ten minutes instead. Those moments would make a lasting impression on Shin Hye who was new to guarding a celebrity. It was different when she was guarding VIPs, ambassadors and commoners. Somehow she felt that it must have been hard for Kim Tan a.k.a Min Ho to go through this everyday of his life where everyone thought that the celebrities are properties of fans. 

"You are a pro Kim Tan-sshi." Shin Hye spoke loud enough just for Min Ho to hear.

Somehow Min Ho felt good after he heard what Cha Eun Sang a.k.a Shin Hye said to him. 

He was escorted to the booth that was set up by the staffs of the boutique. As Min Ho took his seat at the table, he opened a bottle of water to quench his thirst before the event commences.

Ten fans were told to enter the venue eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter