Chapter 1

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Tan, meet your new bodyguard..." CEO Ahn said in a serious voice.

"Where is he?" Kim Tan asked as he looked around CEO Ahn's office.

"Why are you looking all over the place. The bodyguard is right infront of you, Kim Tan." 

"But in front of me is a......" said Kim Tan as he paused for awhile before continuing;

"You must be kidding me Ahn Sajang-nim."

"I am not... Have I kid you before? And do I look like I'm kidding?"

"Ahn Sajang-nim~ Mianhamnida, You are not particularly good looking to look at but...."

"But what Kim Tan?"

"But this just cannot be... It's too... Bizarre."

"In what way is it bizarre? It is perfectly fine."

"No it's not Ahn Sajang-nim.. It's not fine! The bodyguard is a SHE!" Kim Tan exclaimed in disbelief.

"Kim Tan, it's already the 21st century.... Are you still stuck in the double standard era?"

"I didn't know you are a feminist, somewhat a pro-female supporter..."

"I'm not in all honesty... but hey I think she's suitable for the job."

"In what way is she suitable? Can she even kick?"

"Speaking of suitability, she is definitely qualified. Actually.. She's more than qualified. She is trained in taekwondo, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, and she is even trained in combat training conducted by the Republic of South Korea Police Force."

Kim Tan walked towards his bodyguard and walked around her, staring up and down as he walked, only to stop by her side and asked;

"What is your name?"

"My name is Cha Eun Sang-imnida."

"Cha... Eun... Sang..." Kim Tan spoke as he dragged out each syllable of her name before looking at CEO Ahn again.

"Ahn Sajang-nim.. I still don't understand why you chose a female bodyguard for me? Do you have any underlying reason behind this unbelievable decision?"

"Well in fact I do." 

"Care to explain?"

"Well... male bodyguards have been receiving a lot of flak lately because of fan cams that went viral on the internet, about how it is not right for a male to hit a female fan even when the celebrities they are guarding is in danger of being trampled upon. So that's why I got a female bodyguard for you."

"What? So it will be OKAY for her to hit the fan back?!"

"Well.. I guess so.. Does it make perfect sense?"

"Gosh~~ What kind of logic is that?"

"And besides that... a female would be able to understand and handle your fan girls and stalker fans better.. Don't you think?"

"Ahn Sajang-nim... Look at her... Do YOU really think she can win over my fans looking like that?"

"Why not?"

"Look at her build... I don't think she can even withstand the fans' shovings."

"Do you really need her to demonstrate?"

"Do I really have a choice?" Kim Tan pushing back the question to CEO Ahn.

"I'm afraid, you don't have a choice in this."

"That's the reason why I asked you that question. You always have been doing what you think is right and never asked for my opinions."

"In your career matters as in which project you choose to take and which commercials you want to film, that you reserved your right and we can discuss should either of us disagree. But in terms of safety and who I think qualifies and particularly who we can trust to do their job in protecting the artistes signed to this agency, you do not have a say in it."

"So I guess I have to see you around more often then since you will be my bodyguard from now on..." Kim Tan said looking at Eun Sang before he walked out of the office.

After Kim Tan had left the office,

"Cha Eun Sang-sshi. You will start tomorrow alright?" CEO Ahn told Eung Sang.

"Neh. Kamsahamnida. I'll take my leave now." said Cha Eun Sang before she made her way out of his office who had been gritting her teeth due to the chauvinistic nature of the conversation between Kim Tan and CEO Ahn.

Eun Sang went to the ladies to cool herself down. 

Having to hear the conversation between the two of them makes me want to knock them out with a kick each to where the sun don't shine. Dang it! Bunch of ego-driven men. Such pigs who can't handle strong women. Where have all the good guys gone? Or am I the problem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter