Chapter 34

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three of them took a cab home as they did not want to bother Yoochun to send them home. The ride back home was a quiet one and no one spoke a word. It was a long day for them and all three were exhausted mentally.

They thought that they could finally rest after a hectic and intensed day but when they finally reached Min Ho's apartment complex, as soon as they stepped out of the cab, some of the Korean citizens and reporters were already waiting for them. Eggs were thrown at them, words of abuse were hurled at them all because of the President's doing. Min Ho wheeled his mother quickly and got into the apartment building which was safe for the three of them. 

As soon as they had entered the apartment, they went to their own bathroom each to wash themselves up. Min Ho who had withdrawn a substantial amount of money before the account freeze had hired a personal nurse for his mother to help to care for his mother's hygiene and well-being. That night as his mother was exhausted, she turned in early.

Meanwhile, his dongsaeng, Jonghyun who could not sleep went into Min Ho's room to have a talk.

"Hyung~ Why do we have to face this.. We did what we could and we definitely cannot choose who our parents are... Then why do they make it seem as if we can? As if we knew all along what he does?"

"Honestly I don't know how I could answer what you just said to me.. As they say, blood is thicker than water.. It makes the bond between family stronger and closer... Isn't it an irony now? That it makes it that even harder for us to break away, whether the situation is good or bad..."

"Then Hyung~~"

"Neh?"

"What are you going to do about MoiMuse?"

"Ya.. Stop calling her your muse. She's your sister-in-law~" Min Ho said trying to cheer Jonghyun up from the earlier incident though he did not expect what Jonghyun would say next.

"Wah~~ Hyung.. You finally admit to it!!"

"Then? What are you going to do about it?" said Min Ho feeling flustered.

"Nothing. I am just happy for the both of you."

"And by th way Hyung~ Can I let you in a secret that I have not told you about before..?" Jonghyun continued to speak.

"Huh? You still have things that you kept hidden from me? Really?" Min Ho could not believe it.

"Yup..."

"What is it Jonghyunnie~?"

"The song... That I gifted to you..."

"What about it?"

"Actually... those lyrics that I came up with, I was inspired by my sister-in-law..."

"Huh?"

"She.. really likes you a lot..."

Min Ho smiled before he continued, "Ahh~~ No wonder you were so confident that I would not be critical about it?"

"Hehehehe."Jonghyun could only let out a chuckle before he continued,

"Maybe you should meet her tomorrow on your own Hyung~..."

"Jonghyunnie~ A word of advice... Don't be nosey... I'll know what to do..."

"Aigoo~ Hyung... For you to know what to do, I'll be having my grandchildren by then... You are soooooo slow Hyung~~"

"Ya.. You little imp! How dare you say that about me..."

"Hahahahaha~~! Mianhae.."

Amidst Jonghyun's laughter, Min Ho suddenly turn serious and spoke,

"Jonghyunnie~"

"Neh? Hyung?" Jonghyunnie asked with a voice that had a trace of his laughter earlier.

"You need to locate your Omma and not let her be on her own... Protect her... She might be in danger. If we can get thrown with eggs, anything can happen to her..."

Jonghyun who was comfortable laughing, had become uncomfortable by Min Ho's words and did not respond.

"Listen to me Jonghyunnie~~ You have to locate your Omma by tomorrow. And bring her along to Japan with you. Do not let her stay in Korea. It might just be too dangerous. Arasso?"

"Neh..." said Jonghyun as he nodded.

"By when?" asked Min Ho who wasn't sure whether Jonghyun understood the urgency of locating his mother.

"By tomorrow Hyung~~"

"Good."

Jonghyun who was seated on the floor all this while as he talked to his brother climbed onto Min Ho's bed and laid down.

"Ya~~ Go to your own room..." said Min Ho who was already lying on one side of the bed.

"Ani.. I'm sleeping here tonight... And I shall refuse to be kicked out tonight and will stick to you like a leech."

"Aish~~! Fine stay but don't stick to me like a leech~~" Min Ho warned him.

Jonghyun who just wanted to aggravate his brother annoyance further, continued to speak,

"And Before I forget Hyung~~~ Don't forget to visit sis-in-law tomorrow.. If not I'm the one who will be going..."

"Ya~ I thought you were tired? Still talking? And no way you are not going there..."

"But she hug me though and she did not hug you remember??"

"Urgh! Sleep already!"

That night Jonghyun was affected by the whole situation that was why he did not want to be alone yet he did not want to talk about it either for he knew Min Ho is having a hard time as well and furthermore he was definitely exhausted from all the thoughts in regards to the case. Jonghyun just ended up crying himself to sleep but he was not crying alone. 

Min Ho on the other hand knew that Jonghyun is having a hard time too but considering Jonghyun's personality, talking about it will only make it worst for a sensitive person like him that was hidden behind that smiley facade, and that was precisely the reason why Min Ho did not push Jonghyun away even when he wanted to sleep in his room, but it saddened Min Ho as he felt helpless because he was not able to comfort his only younger brother. Both boys with backs facing each other cried out silently in their sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter