Chapter 17

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hmmm that was weird of Shin Hye..." Yoochun mumbled to himself. "Does she know about the president too?"

Yoochun turned off the television and walked to his room to continue pondering about Shin Hye's actions. He was deliberating and pondering when all of a sudden, his personal mobile phone rang.

"Hello.. Chunnie~"

"Neh In Sung Hyung~"

"Did you manage to retrieve your father's journal?"

"Neh Hyung.."

Without Shin Hye knowing, Yoochun went to Jeju again after the meeting at Changmin's house. 

"Did you find anything there? Did he write anything on it?" In Sun asked Yoochun in an eager manner.

"Not much Hyung..."

"Hyung.." Yoochun continued.

"Do you think Shin Hye knew about what you have shared with me?"

"I don't think so.. Why Chunnie?"

"She was acting weirdly just now when we talked about the President during the news talking about his latest initiative."

"Really?"

"Now it makes me think if I should get her involve or not.."

"But you told us the other day that you don't want her to.."

"I know Hyung but... it's hard to keep this away from her, without her getting suspicious of me in the end."

"You decide Chunnie. She's your sister. But we all know she can be trusted to do her job."

"Arasso Hyung."

"Let's keep each other updated okay?" 

"Neh."

The two men hung up the phone with Yoochun now feeling more confused than before. Somehow his gut feeling was telling him to get Shin Hye to be involved in this.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye who was in the other bedroom decided to text Min Ho.

Min Ho who was still trying to get over what he just saw on the news earlier was more than happy to receive a message from Shin Hye.

 

From: Shin Hye

To: Min Ho

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” 
― A.A. Milne

 

"Still as sweet. How can I not fall for you?" Min Ho said to himself as he read her message. He then replied to her text.

 

From: Min Ho

To: Shin Hye

Are we back to exchange quotes again? Kekeke. Here's one for you.

“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” 
― Aristotle

 

From: Shin Hye

To: Min Ho

We can still remain to do so right? Exchanging quotes with each other right?

 

This time around, Min Ho did not bother to reply to her text and he called Shin Hye instead. Shin Hye was shocked but happy to receive the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello Shin Hye-sshi?"

"Pardon me but may I know who are you looking for? (Spoken in English)"

"Aigoo~~ We're in Seoul not in the States."

"Sorry Sir, but I don't understand what you are saying."

"You're still in your English mode uh?"

"Huh? Sir? What do you mean Sir? I couldn't understand a single word."

"Oh my god! It's driving me crazy~~" Min Ho said with obvious frustration.

"Hahahahaha! Mianhae... Why the sudden call?"

"I want to listen to your voice."

"Awww~~~ How sweet. Shall I speak in English again and we'll see if you still want to call me?"

"No thanks... Hahaha. Hangeul please.."

"So what do you wanna talk about?"

"Well... I should be asking you instead."

"Huh? Wae?"

"You send me the text first didn't you?"

"Well I did didn't I?"

"Yup.. So...?"

"Well... I saw the news just now and... " Shin Hye spoke in a hesitant manner.

"And...?"

"And I wanted to give you a call... to see if you're okay.."

"Huh? All of a sudden? What's the matter? What has the news got to do with me? Is there a malicious scandal about me?"

"You? Scandal? In regards to your preference?" Shin Hye .

"Shin.. Hye.. sshi"

"Hahahaha. I'm just kidding alright. Well.. I saw what was reported on the news earlier..."

"I can't be any happier at this very moment.." Min Ho who finally realised what Shin Hye was driving at after connecting the pieces together, from the text message and now this conversation that they are having at this very moment.

"Huh?! What do you mean?" Shin Hye asked; puzzled.

"Before, whenever that happens, no one asked me if I was alright... And now... I have you.."

Shin Hye went silent from what Min Ho said.

"Shin Hye-sshi.. Are you alright? You there?" Min Ho asked after not getting any response from Shin Hye after what he had said earlier. 

"Neh.. Still here..."

"Oh okay.. I thought something had happened."

"Honestly, Min Ho-sshi... Are you really alright when President Lee does that? Broadcasting it all on television?"

"Hmmmm... Well... I thought I would be okay after such a long time has passed. But... it still gets to me sometimes."

"Sorry Min Ho-sshi for asking you such questions."

"It's okay."

"I guess you better rest. Your activity starts again tomorrow." Shin Hye said trying to change the subject.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter