Chapter 27

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was nervous at what Min Ho had just said. 

"I need to know why Shin Hye~" Min Ho was pleading with her.

"What do you need to know about?" Shin Hye said who is now feeling full of regret about kissing Min Ho earlier. 

"Why are you here as a housekeeper? Why here out of all places? Don't tell me this is a career change for you." Min Ho 

Shin Hye was fidgety in her seat. She was deliberating to tell or not to tell. And she decided that to be honest is the best. It doesn't matter to her anymore if her life is in danger. Lying and keeping it a secret from Min Ho was already killing her slowly and in a painful manner too. She gathered all of her courage and told him.

"Min Ho-sshi. I know this may seem crazy and all... And I am definitely not supposed to tell you about this but I really can't bear to continue like this anymore hiding things from you. If you want to leave me because of what I am going to tell you now, you may do so. And before I continue, you must promise me that nothing will happen to Seon Ja Ahjummonie."

"Huh? What are you saying Shin Hye-sshi?"

"Promise me first that Seon Ja Ahjummonie will be protected no matter what with all means possible that is within your capability."

"Neh.. I promise that."

"Good..."

"I am here on an assignment because I suspect that your father the President was the man behind Appa's accident." Shin Hye stated it out loud and clear for Min Ho to hear.

"Huh?! Can't be... Can't be that my dad know your father. It's not possible."

"Well.. it may sound all crazy now but recently it was revealed to me that your Omma and my dad goes to the same school."

"Huh? Omma? The first lady?"

"No... Your birth Omma."

"You even went as far as conducting a background check on my Omma?!"

"But the funny thing is that I am not able to obtain the President's educational background." Shin Hye pressed on ignoring what Min Ho had just asked her.

If you are going to hate on me now and leave me, go ahead. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"I don't know what to say to you Shin Hye. I really don't know."

"That's why I can't tell you the other time and had to leave you coldly even though it was hurting me like hell."

"So are you saying the man who picked you up was all an act?"

"Yes, it was all an act."

"But why? Why did you have to do that?"

"To make you hate me. I did not want to put you in a spot. That a girl you fancy is determined to reveal your father's secret. And now that I have reveal the truth to you on my purpose of being here, you can now hate me for real." 

At this point of time both of them had tears streaming down their cheeks as they looked into each other's eyes intensely.

"You say all this after we have kissed? If all that was an act previously, was the kiss, that had happened between us just now, was it an act too?!" 

Shin Hye was trying hard to keep herself together even though she was clearly struggling. She was deliberating in her own mind yet again whether to tell the truth or not. She could be honest with him and that would cause Min Ho to be conflicted or she could just lie about the kiss and break it off with him cleanly. Shin Hye was hating herself now for not having enough self control over herself and allowing her to be into her own emotions. But just as she was about to give her an answer, Yoochun called her.

Shin Hye answered the phone while her eyes were locked with Min Ho's who was still sitting in front of her.

"Hello? Shin Hye?" As she continued with her conversation with Yoochun, Min Ho stood up to leave the tree house. 

"Neh Oppa" Shin Hye said but her thoughts were wandering,

I guess this is really a goodbye between us Min Ho-sshi. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"The camera you placed at the shelf, we just saw that there was someone who had entered the room! A man. A man just entered the study room." 

"Are you sure about that Oppa?"

"Neh. A hundred percent positive."

"I'll go over and take a look then."

"Be careful Shin Hye..."

As Shin Hye made her way down to the ground to walk back into the house, Min Ho was no longer in sight. She could not tend to her feelings at the moment as the golden opportunity just arrived. As Shin Hye stood infront of the study room, she noticed the room that always had its door locked was now slightly ajar. Without wasting any ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter