Chapter 13

Solace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Min Ho-sshi? You are Min Ho-sshi??" Shin Hye asked with a surprised look on her face.

"And you are Shin Hye-sshi???" Min Ho asked in disbelief.

"Oh my goodness. This can't be true!" Shin Hye said with her personal mobile still in her hand. She stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. 

"Shin Hye-sshi!" Min Ho called her out but she did not stop.

Min Ho grabbed onto his jacket, personal mobile phone and the keycard to the room before he head out to go after Shin Hye.

Min Ho searched for Shin Hye everywhere. The pool, the restaurant, the lobby, the carpark and he even took the staircase instead of the lift in case she was sitting at the stairs and taking the elevator would only mean that he would missed a spot in search of Shin Hye.. He was at lost for a little while until it struck him.

"There's only one place I had not been to." Min Ho spoke to himself.

Min Ho ran all the way to the rooftop of the hotel using the staircase and he tripped while he was climbing up the stairs with speed. He scraped his knee causing his pajamas pants tear slightly in the knee's area from the friction caused when he fell just now. He was all drenched in perspiration by the time he reached the rooftop even though he had washed himself up earlier. He certainly did not expect this to happen at all.

 

As soon as Min Ho reached the rooftop, he saw Shin Hye standing facing towards the ocean in her thin pajamas. He limped towards Shin Hye with a jacket in his hands, he wrapped it round Shin Hye's back. Shin Hye turned pushing him as a result of her shock causing him to step back and clutching on his knee that was feeling excruciating pain. The very knee that he had surgery on during the accident when he was in his teens.  

Shin Hye who was witnessing that went to his side and put his arm round her shoulder to support Min Ho towards the nearby chair that was available. However, she did not see the scraped knee as it was too dark for her to see.

"Are you alright?" Shin Hye asked out of pure concern.

"Yes I am. It gets to me sometime when I exert more pressure than I should have." Min Ho explained to Shin Hye.

"What happened?"

"An accident. An old accident when I was younger." said Min Ho as he looked at Shin Hye's face who clearly had traces of tears on her cheeks. 

"Are you alright? Shin Hye-sshi?"

Shin Hye who was still not used to have a man besides the one that she is close with to call her by her real name and Min Ho who noticed that she was feeling uncomfortable continued to speak.

"Is it okay for me to call you Shin Hye?"

Shin Hye nodded slightly.

"Were you crying?" Min Ho asked Shin Hye again.

She looked away trying not to make any eye contact with Min Ho.

"Why did you cry?" Min Ho asked her further.

"Because I can't believe how fate has played with us?"

"Are you disappointed that it's me?" Min Ho asked trying to figure out how Shin Hye was feeling.

"No. It's not that. Are you disappointed then?" Shin Hye reflected back the same question to him.

"I'm not disappointed at all. Far from it." Min Ho confessed.

"Why?"

"It's because I feel comfortable with you."

"Even with me teasing you constantly?"

"Yes even then. It's strange how comfortable I am feeling at this very moment."

For a moment they went silent as they look towards the open ocean. Even though their identity has been revealed to each other somehow they did not feel threatened or fear for the possibility of being rat on. Strangely enough, they felt comfortable in each other's company as though the load on their shoulder had been taken off, as a sense of relief had taken over.

Finally, Shin Hye spoke again.

"Why Kim Tan?"

"Huh?" Min Ho who was drifting in his own thoughts as he stared at the wide ocean in front of him.

"Why do you have to be Kim Tan in front of the whole world?" Shin Hye asked further.

Min Ho was hesitant to answer but somehow he trusted Shin Hye more than anyone else besides his little brother Jonghyun. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter