heels

untitled*

 

onho; het; fluff

 

 

 

“What are you doing?” Jinki smiles with a small laugh, watching curiously at his girlfriend.

“Nothing,” Minjung straightens up again, looking anywhere but at Jinki. She pulls down again on the dress she wears, still feeling too exposed in such clothes. She wears it because it’s what she thinks her boyfriend likes best – cute girls in fluffy dresses and colorful makeup, bra even slightly stuffed, though she won’t ever admit to that. And these stupid heels are not helping her with her most stressed out problem. Minjung looks back to Jinki.. back and down at him. In heels she’s even more awkwardly taller than Jinki. It’s embarrassing to say the least. And here she had sworn never to date someone shorter than her. 

Jinki smiles wider, shoulders shrugging and Minjung is reminded of why she broke that rule in the first place. Jinki is different and she could break any rules she had laid in place for him, though she doesn’t want to readily admit to it. Maybe he really is the one for her.

“Is your leg hurt?” Jinki gazes down at Minjung’s feet.

Minjung tries to smiled and shakes her head, bouncy, styled hair covering her eyes again. “No, no.” She clutches her big purse and trips slightly on the sidewalk, nearly running into a passerby. Jinki reaches for her arm, steadying her. His smile falls slightly.

“Are you sure you’re okay? We don’t have to go out if you don’t feel good.” Jinki raises a brow, “..and why do you keep doing that?”

Minjung subconsciously did it again. She cringes and tries to play it off, straightening up again. Here she was trying to somehow be shorter than the older without realizing it. “It’s nothing, I want to go on this date.” Minjung adds in a small tease, “Oppa~.”

Jinki laughs again. He takes Minjung’s hand though and speaks calm and assuring, “It’s okay, Minjung. To be yourself. It’s why I like you.”

Minjung stumbles again, wide eyes falling to Jinki and his blushing expression as he looked to the ground. His hand squeezes Minjung’s though and he smiles wide again, eyes crinkling with his head still down.

Minjung stands up straight to her full height, walking more confidently in heels and a girly dress. She feels suddenly better and more sure of herself, heart fluttering with the rush. Dress or pants, Jinki will still want her.

Once Minjung sits at the table outside the small cafe they stop at on their date, she’s so relaxed and herself she doesn’t realize she’s sitting in a dress with her legs spread, though luckily not looking indecent at least. 

Jinki laughs, shaking his head and looking hopelessly adorable to Minjung. 

Minjung sips her drink, blinking wide eyes. “What?”

“Nothing,” Jinki assures, “Just you… being yourself.” He shrugs with that grin of his.

Minjung is left confused by that. She wipes with the back of her hand, unknowingly smearing bits of her makeup in the process. Jinki only smiles wider and raises his cup to his mouth again, hiding.

Minjung pouts slightly, “Oppa teases..”