The Offer

Don't Be Good To Me


"Kwang Soo-yah..." she uttered as she felt betrayed with her boyfriend's sudden comment. She was very surprised with what she's seeing and hearing right now. Right in front of her is the man whom she thought would fight for her, but seeing things as of the moment, made her realize that she just had dug her own grave. Kwang Soo looked at her uncaring, and that is what hurts the most for her. How could a woman like her be so head over heels with a man like that? She knows that's what her mind is asking her heart right now. "Noona, congratulations!" added he.

She looked at Kim Jong Kook, who is looking at her. She doesn't know if he can feel her hurt, but if her instinct is right, Kwang Soo and the man are friends. She looked at her foster family and her best friend blankly. "Are you okay? You look like you were betrayed." commented Jae Suk. She tried her best not to sigh, so she sat down as she clung her arm around the muscular man's arm. "No, I am just so touched to have all of you here at the same time." she lied. "Ji Hyo-yah, are you sure about that?" asked Gary, who has been very cautious of her from the start.

She nodded at Gary with a smile as she affirmed him by saying, "Of course." Gary nodded at her as well and as he looked at Jong Kook, he asked, "How did you two know each other?" Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook nervously for one wrong answer can make them look like an idiot in front of her family. "I saw her dozing off at the subway station." he answered to her surprise. That's exactly how she and Kwang Soo met. "She was alone by that time, and I sat beside her. From there everything else followed." explained Jong Kook to everyone's amazement.

Everyone laughed at Jong Kook's reply. She doesn't know why even herself smiled upon hearing his answer. She should be in a bitter mood right now, but seeing everyone laughing, she couldn't help but smile as well. She looked at Kwang Soo again. Kwang Soo saw her looking at him, but the young man looked away. She tried her best not to react, so she looked back at the men laughing. "I hope you'd take really good care of my Ji Hyo-ya." said Gary. All the men were surprised with what he said. "Your Ji Hyo-ya?" asked Jong Kook in a confused manner.

"This girl is mine, so please stop addressing her your Ji Hyo-yah." Jong Kook said casually to everyone's surprise. "You seem like a very protective man, Jong Kook-ssi." commented Suk Jin with a proud smile on his face. "I think we really can count on you when it comes to our Ji Hyo-ya." teased Jae Suk. Jong Kook looked at him when he spoke the words again. The muscular man smiled at the men as he jokingly said, "With you two, I don't think I have to stop you both from calling her that. You both are too far from her standards." With that, everyone laughed.

Kim Jong Kook looked at the woman, who was obviously putting an act, to divert everyone's attention. He knows that what he's doing right now is a huge mistake, but he can't help it when his close friend, Kwang Soo, asked for a favor. Kwang Soo told him that Ji Hyo has always been very clingy, and that the woman is too attached to him. He also knows the reason why Kwang Soo has decided to let him ruin his relationship with the said woman. Kwang Soo is way too young for Ji Hyo, and he doesn't know why he's comfortable doing the said disguise.

FLASHBACK.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.


Kim Jong Kook woke up when his phone rang so loud. He didn't bother to check who the caller was when he answered the call. He just said 'yoboseyo' (hello in English), and the person on the other line greeted him in a serious tone. "Hyung..." said the person on the other line. His eyes slowly opened when he heard the familiar voice. It has been two years since he has heard his close friend's voice, and he wondered what's up with his celebrity friend in South Korea. "Jong Kook hyung, please help me." he then heard from his friend whose name is Lee Kwang Soo. 

"Did something happen?" he asked worriedly. Kwang Soo answered him in details, and he was surprised when the latter requested him of something. "What? Why will I ruin a relationship just because you want to be out of it?" he asked in a serious manner. "Hyung, my girlifriend is a bit older, and she's in good terms with two of the most famous celebrities here in South Korea. If they find out about our dating status, I don't think they will allow it. Also, hyung, I realize that having an older woman by my side isn't really a good one. Hyung, please help me." said Kwang Soo.

He didn't wish to tolerate Kwang Soo at first, but he remembered that it was Kwang Soo who helped him become a famous singer in Melbourne. Kwang Soo added something on the line as well, "I thought Song Ji Hyo-ssi was the woman I was looking for, but she ended up not the one I'm hoping to be with. There's no love anymore, hyung. There was never a love at all." He sighed heavily as he thought of things to grant Kwang Soo's request. "You said your woman is a celebrity, right?" he asked. "Yes, hyung." he answered. "Then this will be so tough." said he.

BACK TO REALITY.

Song Ji Hyo looked at him while she was pretending to be laughing. "I don't know why you're doing this, but I can't help but be thankful towards you." she said in a sad tone. He noticed that she looked at Kwang Soo, who was so guilty to look at her. Ji Hyo looked back at him as she asked, "Are you two close friends?" He gulped when he heard her question, but before he can speak a word, Suk Jin butted in by saying, "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, why don't you stay in our house for a couple of days? I heard you two are going to get married soon. Jae Suk and I had agreed that you can stay in our place for the meantime." 

Song Ji Hyo sighed as she heard her uncle-like's offer to Jong Kook, who was obviously surprised as he looked at Kwang Soo right away. Kwang Soo bowed at him apologetically for he has forgotten to say that he and the woman named, Song Ji Hyo, were actually engaged-to-be-married. His face was full of confusion when he looked at the woman in front of him. She shook her head as a way for him to disagree, but he doesn't know why he said, "I agree." Jae Suk and Suk Jin were pleased to hear his reply, but the four of them (Kwang Soo, Gary, Jong Kook, and Ji Hyo) can all tell that everything is just a lie.