The Picture

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook, Song Ji Hyo, and Lee Kwang Soo know that everything is just a pretense in front of Song Ji Hyo's foster family and her best friend. But Gary can also tell that everything is strange among the three of them. "Ji Hyo-ya, there's no sense pretending anymore. Admit it to me now. I know that you two are not really lovers." said Gary in a very serious mood. The three people looked at him in shock. "Gary oppa..." she called as she knows that she really can not lie towards her best friend. "How did you know that ---" she was about to ask something when Jong Kook tried to save their pretense by saying, "We are a couple, and we are engaged." 

Ji Hyo looked at Kwang Soo with a very disappointed look. If it wasn't for Kwang Soo, things won't be this complicated. "How do you expect me to believe that?" asked Gary. Jong Kook looked at her best friend with a serious face. She can tell that the two men are thinking a lot of things while looking at each other. "When she was about to slap you for kissing her in public, I saw it with my two eyes." said Gary to her surprise. "If you were indeed her man, I don't think she needed to do that." added Gary. Jong Kook just gave Gary a smile as an answer. 

"Why can't you answer? It's because I was right, right?" asked Gary in a provocative manner. Jong Kook smiled at Gary once again, and she can clearly see how pissed Gary is at the man's gesture. She looked at Kwang Soo angrily again as she went near Gary's side as she said, "Gary oppa, let's go. I have a lot of things to tell you. So let's just go." She held Gary's arm so they can walk home, but Jong Kook pulled her to his side as he asked Kang Gary, "Do you have special feelings towards Song Ji Hyo?" She looked at Jong Kook who just asked Gary without hesitating.

With Jong Kook's question, she looked at her best friend while feeling sorry. She bowed her head as an apology. Gary looked at her while he shook his head in disbelief. She looked at Gary looked at Jong Kook. Her best friend smiled at Jong Kook as a reply to his question. "You can fool Jae Suk hyung and Suk Jin hyung, but you can never fool me. You're lucky that Ji Hyo is acting like this alongside with you just to save that irresponsible real boyfriend of hers, but you should never forget that you can never ever fool me. I'm not a fool, Jong Kook-ssi." he warned.

Kang Gary left the place where they are at. She looked at Kim Jong Kook when her best friend stepped out of the room. "You should have told him the truth." she told him. "Gary oppa is my best friend, and he's not so easy to be pursued." she added. "He knows me well more than you two know me well." she said in a pressed tone. She looked at Kwang Soo, and walked towards his way as she asked, "Is this how you'll repay me? Is this how you'll reciprocate the love, the care, and the attention that I have given you? You are such a betrayer. I should not have trusted you." she said angrily.

Kwang Soo went near her as he honestly said, "I didn't know that what I have for you will just fade away that fast. I tried to convince myself that I have been so in love with you, that I am in love with you, but six months isn't enough for me to have that kind of love forever." She tried her best not to cry in front of the tall young man in front of her, so she forced a smile in front of him as she said, "What love are you talking about? In your heart, there was never even love at all, right? So don't you dare comfort me with those lies." 

Kim Jong Kook didn't want to hear more of Song Ji Hyo and Lee Kwang Soo's confrontation, so he slowly walks out of the room, however, he stopped when he heard a loud slap from Ji Hyo on Kwang Soo's face. "Fine. Let's just be this way. Since you and your friend there know how to play this game, let's do it. Let's wait and see who'll give up this game first. But I am telling you right now, that person will never be me." she said as she looked up to stop her tears from falling before she bowed her head to her boyfriend, and to her stranger acting-boyfriend. 

Kim Jong Kook was left alone with Lee Kwang Soo. He asked the latter to sit down and have a talk over coffee. "Why did you do that?" he asked curiously. "That woman seemed to be a good person. Why did you even have to court her if you won't be serious towards her?" he asked again. "Hyung, I already told you. I was not in my right mind when I asked her to be my girlfriend. Hyung, I tried to like her more and more for six months, but hyung, I realized it wasn't love." answered Kwang Soo. "Was it lust?" asked Jong Kook in a straight-forward manner.

Kwang Soo was surprised with Jong Kook's frankness. "Hyung, how could I do that with someone I don't love?" he asked. "I don't know what I'll do with you Kwang Soo-ya. I am just doing this to save your ." said Jong Kook. "I risked not singing in Melbourne just to grant your silly request. I must have gone crazy, right?" he asked Kwang Soo in disbelief. "Hyung, I heard that you and Han Ye Seul noona aren't doing fine. So don't just say that you're doing this for me. I know you're also doing this so you can move on. So let's just help each other, hyung."

Kim Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo in amazement. "How did you know about Ye Seul and I?" he asked. "Ye Seul noona told me that she has found herself a man even though you were always with her back there." he admitted to his surprise. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked. "Because I know you'll be hurt, and that you'll be here. Just like now. So hyung, just grab this chance to forget Ye Seul noona and to help me stay out of this misery. It will be over soon, hyung. We'll put an end to it as quickly as possible, hyung. I promise." said Kwang Soo. 

He sighed as he nodded at his close friend. So Kwang Soo and him talked about Song Ji Hyo for a long time, so he can always play defense in their so-called pretense. An hour later, he arrived at the hotel where he is staying. "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I'm sorry to put you through this." he told himself while he was packing up all the things that he needs when he goes to Song Ji Hyo's foster family's house tomorrow. When he got tired, he laid on the bed, and took the picture, that was given to him by Kwang Soo, out of his jacket as he looked at it and said, "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, in this pretense of ours, please... don't be good to me."