The Reel Thing

Don't Be Good To Me

Song Ji Hyo was about to press the doorbell again but she stopped halfway when she saw a familiar man in front of her. Her stricken face could be seen, yet the man, who is carrying her is not aware of it. "Dong Hoon-ah!" greeted Kim Jong Kook. "H-hyung..." said Ha Ha, who was also surprised to see the woman he used to love. "Are you okay? You look pale." commented Jong Kook when he saw Ha Ha's reaction. "I think I was just tired because of the long travel." lied Ha Ha. "Ah, this is my girlfriend, Song Ji Hyo." Jong Kook then said.

"Hyung, why aren't you two going in yet?" excited Kwang Soo asked. Ji Hyo looked at Kwang Soo, and gave him a signal to look forward. Kwang Soo understood Ji Hyo's gesture, and his eyes grew wide upon seeing the short man. He shook his head when Ha Ha saw caught him looking. "Oh, Kwang Soo-yah, Ha Ha is here." said Jong Kook. "Do you know each other?" asked Ji Hyo. "Yes, they have met twice or thrice before." answered Jong Kook. "Let's all go in. Ji Hyo has to sit well, so she can be more comfortable." added Jong Kook.

Inside the living room, Jong Kook placed Ji Hyo on the sofa gently. "Ji Hyo-yah, what did you think of when you stepped on that broken glass?" asked Suk Jin in a scolding manner. Jae Suk nudged Suk Jin's arm as a warning that others are listening and looking at them. The six men and the only woman in the house all looked at each other. No one is talking. Jong Kook, who is not aware of the situation, finds it so odd that the noisy people aren't talking much. "Did an angel pass by?" he asked trying to break the silence. "Hyung..." called Ha Ha. 

"Yes?" asked Jong Kook. All eyes are on Ha Ha when he called Jong Kook's name all of a sudden. "I guess it's time for you to pack your things up." said Ha Ha, who looked away so he won't see the nervous and worried eyes looking at him. "Huh?" asked Jong Kook. "Why should I pack my things up?" Jong Kook asked again. "Dong Hoon-ah..." called Gary. "It's okay, Gary-ya." said Jae Suk, who was firmed when he told that to the rapper. "What's going on?" confused Kim Jong Kook asked. "It's all over, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." Ji Hyo then said blankly.

"Ji Hyo-ya..." called Jae Suk, who looked way too worried right now. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo and confusedly asked, "What do you mean it's all over?" Ji Hyo, who made her facial expressions unreadable, looked at Jong Kook and answered, "Everything." "Ya, Song Ji Hyo!" reacted Jong Kook when he felt like Ji Hyo is acting way too weird. "You are acting way too strange right now." he added. "No, this is not being strange. This is actually being real." she lied trying to act strong in front of the men so the show that she'll be in will end soon. 

Kim Jong Kook's patience ran out, so he yelled as he asked, "What the hell is going on right now? Looking at everyone of you here, it seems as though I am the only one who doesn't know what the hell is going on." Ha Ha, who was surprised by the turn of events, looked at the rest of the members as they looked at him without an expression on their faces. "Jong Kook-ssi, don't show how rude you can be." said Suk Jin, who can no longer tolerate seeing all of them being affected of the said situation. "Am I the one being rude in here, hyung?" he then asked making the older man shut his mouth up.

A loud sound of a popper was heard by all of them. Confettis were thrown towards their direction, and the show's casts didn't look victorious at all. Ha Ha, who was familiar with the situation, could actually tell that what the Running Man casts did weren't all lies. Jong Kook found things so confusing and annoying at the same. "What is the meaning of this?" he asked again when no one answered his question earlier. "I said what is the meaning of the this?" he shouted angrily hoping he can find an answer this time.

"Kim Jong Kook-ssi, from the time that you came into this house, all the things that have been said and done, all of those have been recorded and showed to the outside world." said one man, who came from behind. Jong Kook looked at the man who just came from nowhere. He asked, "What do you mean by outside world? And who are you?" The man smiled and gave a bow. When the man lifted his head, he answered, "My name is Jo Hyun Jin, and I'm this show's PD. What I meant by outside world was the people outside. The viewers of this show. Kim Jong Kook-ssi, from those moments that I have mentioned, all of those moments, were captured and shown to the viewers of this reality show." 

Kim Jong Kook gave out a bitter sigh when he heard what the PD told him. "Reality show? Viewers? How can that be? I came here because Lee Kwang Soo... because Lee Kwang Soo..." he was about to say that his friend asked him to ruin his relationship with Song Ji Hyo, but he couldn't bring it up for he knows Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo's career will be affected. But then, to his surprise, PD Jo said, "Because Lee Kwang Soo asked you to ruin his relationship with Song Ji Hyo, right?" He looked at the PD and Kwang Soo when the PD added, "That was actually the plan. It was the plot of this reality show, Kim Jong Kook-ssi."