The Backseat

Don't Be Good To Me

Song Ji Hyo smiled as she saw the sudden change on Jong Kook's stares. "You are smitten by my beautiful face, aren't you?" she asked in a confident manner. Jong Kook put back the strands of her hair on her face when he got caught. "Ya Kim Jong Kook!" he heard Ji Hyo screamed his name. He looked at the woman, who just called him informally. He smiled at her as he asked, "Ji Hyo-ssi, are you forgetting that I am older than you?" Song Ji Hyo belatedly realized what she did, so she bowed a little as an apology. "I'm sorry, I got used to talk informally all the time."

He smiled as he tapped Ji Hyo's shoulders. "You can call me that anytime, anywhere." he then told her. Ji Hyo smiled at him as she said, "I'll just change my clothes. Please wait for me here, or you can wait for me there." Jong Kook looked at where she's pointing at, and he saw the pool side. He nodded at the woman, so Ji Hyo hurriedly went back inside the room. He went to the pool side, and sat on one of the benches there. He wandered his gaze, and saw how beautiful and peaceful the house of Song Ji Hyo is. "Let's go." he heard Ji Hyo said after ten minutes.

He looked at Ji Hyo who is wearing a white tee and black jeans, and she is also wearing sneakers. He looked at her from top to bottom. "Are you a fashion guru?" she asked him when she noticed what he's been doing. His face turned red when he got caught. "Do you always wear comfortable clothes?" he asked. Ji Hyo nodded. "I feel like I'm more free when I'm wearing these." she said as she showed him more of her attire. He felt a bit uncomfortable, so he said, "Ya! Stop it. I'm a man." Ji Hyo laughed as she asked, "Does that mean that you take me as a woman? Omo. Look here, Jong Kook-ssi. You shouldn't be falling in love with me."

His face reddened upon hearing the woman's tease. He shook his head as he answered defensively, "Ji Hyo-ssi, I think you are being delusional here. I am just saying that I am a man, but it doesn't mean that I take you as a woman." Ji Hyo pouted her lips when she heard the man's defense. "Cross your heart?" she asked trying to confirm what he said. "Of course." he answered in a loud voice. "Why is your voice louder now then?" teased Ji Hyo again. "Ya! Song Ji Hyo!" he called out with an embarrassed face. 

They looked at each other once again when they reached the gate. Their clothes aren't the problem anymore, but their transportation. Since Jong Kook just came to South Korea recently, and he just got transferred to Song Ji Hyo's place, he doesn't have a car to use yet. And since Song Ji Hyo is an actress, her car is way too big for them to use. "Will it be okay with you if we just ride a cab?" Ji Hyo asked the man. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" asked Jong Kook. "I am a no-name person here, but you are a famous celebrity. Will it be okay with you if we just ride a cab?" added Jong Kook to Ji Hyo's delightment. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" he asked while looking at the woman who is still smiling in front of him. "I think you are a cool man. I like your humor." she commented. "Omo. Look here, Ji Hyo-ssi. You shouldn't be falling in love with me." he then teased as he returned Ji Hyo's words. The woman was in awe again as she shook her head with a big smile on her face. "You wish." she then said as she stuck her tongue out. Both of them exchanged big smiles, and that's the scene that Suk Jin and Jae Suk have witnessed. The two older men coughed. 

"Oppa!" Ji Hyo screamed in delight. "Why do you call us in such a happy mood? Are you guys out on an early date?" said Jae Suk, who was on the driver's seat of his car. Suk Jin was sitting on the passenger's seat. "Oppa, because we don't have a car to use. Please lend us this car." said Ji Hyo in a cute way. "Aigoo, Ji Hyo-ya, I didn't know that your voice can sound this cute. I bet you must be acting like that so Jong Kook won't change his feelings towards you." said Jae Suk who was still smiling. Ji Hyo's face turned red as she heard Jae Suk's comment.

"Since we are on the car right now, and you guys need a car, let's just go out altogether." invited Jae Suk to Ji Hyo and Jong Kook's surprise. "I think that's a good idea. Just consider this as a date with your soon-to-be wife and her parents." said Suk Jin. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked at each other, and they were even more surprised when they heard Jae Suk's words, "Also Lee Kwang Soo is at the backseat, I think we five can have an enjoyable trip altogether." "O-oppa.. I think we'll just take a cab." she said nervously upon hearing Kwang Soo is inside the car.

"Why?" asked Suk Jin. "Because I want to go on a solo date with him." she lied. "I know you like that Ji Hyo-yah, but you need to remember that you are a celebrity. You can't just go wherever you want without someone assisting you." said Jae Suk. "But I have Jong Kook-ssi with me." she said. Jae Suk and Suk Jin looked at her upon hearing her way of calling Jong Kook. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" both of the older men asked. "Yes, Kim Jong Kook-ssi. I still find it hard to call him Jong Kook-oppa in front of you. I'm not used to it." she answered hoping it can pass.

"Aigoo, this woman is so..." teased Jae Suk. "But we are just concern about you being out alone with Jong Kook. So, don't you two give anymore excuses. Just ride the car now. Do you guys hear me? Now." added Jae Suk. Ji Hyo bowed at Jong Kook for she knows they can't reason out anymore. She gave Jong Kook a sign that he should sit in the middle for she doesn't want to sit near Lee Kwang Soo. When Jong Kook was about to sit in the middle, Suk Jin called Jong Kook's attention. "Jong Kook-ssi, I think it will be better for Ji Hyo to sit down in the middle."

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo when he heard Suk Jin's comment. He saw Ji Hyo sighed deeply when she knew that she doesn't have any choice. She bowed at Kwang Soo as she sat down in the middle. She's now between Kwang Soo and Jong Kook. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I didn't know that you are such a protective man over Song Ji Hyo." commented Jae Suk. He smiled as he returned the kind words, "I bet we three are on the same level when it comes to protecting her." The older men were happy to hear his positive reply. "Did you hear that Lee Kwang Soo? You should also be as protective as Kim Jong Kook when you get yourself a girlfriend. Especially if that girl is like our Song Ji Hyo." said Jae Suk without knowing that the three people at the backseat are bearing the awkwardness that celebrities could feel when they are put on a hot seat.