The Handkerchief

Don't Be Good To Me

Long before, Kim Jong Kook can answer Ji Suk Jin's question, Song Ji Hyo's mind has started to recall her past memories about the man, who she is still missing. When that man, who was not able to give her his name, decided to be gone in her life for good, she was so saddened. She had her hopes high when that man made her feel like she's the most special girl in the world, but when her moody personality hit her that day, she didn't know that she had offended the guy already. When she realized her mistake, he was gone. 

Unknown to her, that day, when she realized that she finds the man's presence important, the man has been very busy training. That fat man, Kim Jong Kook, went to have his regularly work out somewhere far, so he could back to her with a different appearance. Before that day, she could still remember their conversation. "Hi!" greeted by the man when she was outside the coffee shop where she always frequents. She looked at the man without any reaction at all and looked at the table where her notes are present.

"About yesterday, I know that you didn't mean that way." said Kim Jong Kook. She looked at the man with a thankful glance, but she couldn't manage to smile. "I won't be marrying you." she said to him to the man's astonishment. "I didn't say that you'd marry me now." said the man with a smile. "I won't marry you tomorrow, the next day, the next year, the next five years." she added. Kim Jong Kook smiled as he asked, "Do you hate me that much?" She shook her head as she replied, "I don't hate you. How could you hate someone you don't love?" Her words stabbed Jong Kook's heart deeply, and she knows it.

Before her father died, he had sent her a voice message: "Ji Hyo-ya, I have agreed for you to marry my bestfriend's son. Sooner or later, he'll come into your life and will ask you to be his wife. Your Mom and I are feeling sorry now that we can't witness that. Your Mom has left already, so I have to go to the place where she is because I don't want her to be alone and sad in that place. You should take care of your brother, and I want you to become one of the very best actresses in the country. My friends will be there for you, they will help you along the way. Ji Hyo-ya, be strong. Don't cry. We'll be watching you as time goes by. So please, do not cry."

During her father's wake, she did try her best not to cry. She had to be strong in front of her brother, and she has to be strong to grant her father's request. While her brother cries out so loud, she saw the man looking at her. She knows he's wondering why she's not crying, but she has to act strong because she has to. She looked away and decided to go out to catch some air. She looked at the sky, and was surprised when the fat man from earlier gave her a handkerchief. She smiled inside for that thing is what she definitely needs the most.

She has too much thoughts on her mind that she couldn't really think straight. She was still the same the next few days, and when she saw the guy again telling her that he was the one whom his father had agreed for her to marry, she felt the pain of losing her parents again. It's so hard for her to bear the pain of losing her parents on the same day while she was away. And seeing that fat man will just remind her of that pain. Although she doesn't want the man to go, she knows that she has to let go of his existence in any means. 

But now, the man is in front of her again, smiling at her like she didn't offend him. "I know your words sound very offensive, but I know you don't mean them that way." said Jong Kook. She was about to smile, but then he suddenly added, "But if a thing is pushing me away, what's the use for me to stay?" Her heart hurt when she heard his question that she didn't realize that she had asked the question, "Why?" Jong Kook smiled at her as he replied, "Because I don't want to see you sad." They looked at each other as silence ensued the the two of them. 

Jong Kook stood up, and gave her a bow. She feels like crying again, but her eyes are so loyal to her that she didn't tear up. Jong Kook looked at her without mouthing the words, 'I'll come back for you. Not tomorrow, not next year, not the next five years. But I'll be back for you. I will definitely be back for you. I hope by that day, you'll know that I was meant for you.' Jong Kook waved at him goodbye and she nodded as if she knows that it's the end for the two of them. 'It's good that I didn't get to know your name, but I know I'll never be like this way again. Things will no longer be the same.'

Moments later, her mind came back to reality when Jong Kook tapped her. "What are you thinking?" he asked. She looked at Jong Kook as she replied, "Nothing." Jae Suk then came back to sit on the driver's seat. Jae Suk looked at the three of them feeling curious as to why the atmosphere started to get serious. "Did something happen?" asked the national emcee. "Let's go to the singing room, Jae Suk-ah." said Suk Jin. "Singing room? Why there all of a sudden?" asked the curious Jae Suk. "I think I need to chill out there." answered Suk Jin.

Jae Suk, who knows Suk Jin for more than 20 years now, agreed to do so. He knows something came up while he was outside dealing with the angry drivers and passengers who were bothered by their broken car. And since the car is still broken, the four of them stepped out of the car to everyone's delight. A lot of them took pictures of the four individuals. They decided to just ride a cab towards the private singing room that they know. "Call Kwang Soo and Gary. They should chill out, too." told Suk Jin to Jae Suk. 

"Okay." said Jae Suk. It didn't take them long to arrive at that place. "I heard you're a singer." said Jae Suk. Jong Kook nodded at him as an answer. "Kwang Soo told me that you have such a good voice. Why don't you sing for us first?" Jae Suk added. He smiled for he knows he doesn't have a choice. "Don't you want me to sing first, Oppa?" asked Ji Hyo. "Ya! Don't you ever think of holding the microphone." commented Suk Jin to everyone's joy. "Why not, hyung? She's lovable when she sings." defended Jong Kook not knowing how terrible Ji Hyo is in singing. Ji Hyo gave him a different look. It's like a stare that means danger. And as he returned his look at the two older men, their curious and dubious faces welcomed him.