The Comeback

Don't Be Good To Me

INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.


Lee Kwang Soo waved at him happily upon seeing his presence. He raised his hand as a greeting. Kwang Soo ran after him, and helped him carry some of his luggages. "Hyung, I am really thankful of you. I'll owe you this one for a lifetime." told Kwang Soo. "You don't owe me anything. I'm doing this because we're friends and because..." he stopped his words halfway to Kwang Soo's confusion. "I have to do some business." he then added which made Kwang Soo more confused. "I don't understand, Hyung." his tall friend then told him.

"It has been two years since I've been away from home." told Jong Kook as he feels the air of his very own country. "I didn't realize how I've been missing South Korea until I stepped out of that airport." he added as he looked back at the airport where he was in. Kwang Soo smiled at Jong Kook and assisted him towards the car that will bring them to the show's staffs, and PDs. "All the members of the show are pretty famous, Hyung. Three of them are like family plus the fact that Gary hyung is also like a family to them." briefed Kwang Soo.

"How about you?" Jong Kook then asked Kwang Soo. "Well, I am pretty famous and like a family to them, too." Kwang Soo then smiled as he answered. "Are you close to them?" he asked which made Kwang Soo's smile disappeared. "I guess you're not." he then commented. "It's not that I'm not, it's just that I can't be that close to them like how close I am to you, and to Joong Ki." Kwang Soo answered. The mention of Joong Ki's name automatically made his mind remember the first time he met the young boy, who's being hugged by his tough older sister, Ji Hyo. It was at the wake of their famous father, Song Kang Ho.

"Do you still have a jetlag, Hyung?" asked Kwang Soo when he was not able to give any reaction to what Kwang Soo has been saying. "Huh? Ah.. Yes, I think." he lied. "Let's just talk later then. Just rest your mind and body for a while. I'll just wake you up when we're at the SBS Building already." told the kind friend of his. He nodded with a smile. He put on his sunglasses, and laid his head on the car's soft seat while sitting. He didn't know that Kwang Soo looked at him with such a relief feeling as he mouthed the words 'thank you' to him. 

The close friends are now inside the famous SBS Building. The people inside the said building are all amazed with how good looking and hot he is. He can actually feel their stares at his muscular body wherever he goes. "Guess you'll be that popular in no time, hyung." teased Kwang Soo. "Ya, if you don't want me to decline the offer, stop teasing me." he warned. "Hyung, don't be like that." Kwang Soo then changed his tone. He smiled at his friend's silly antics and so he signaled him to get going to where they should be going.

He was surprised to see the big room with a lot of staffs and crews in it. Lee Kwang Soo bowed at them, and so he followed. All of the staffs and crews did the same as a reply. "You guys can sit down." told Nam Seung Yong, Running Man's Chief Producer (CP). Kim Jong Kook didn't have a hard time knowing all of them for they all have their name plates with their position on the table. "This is Jo Hyo Jin, the PD-in-charge. He'll see you as often as you can think." told the CP. He gave a bow to the said PD, as well as to the other PDs like Hyung Taek and Myuk, also Go Dong Wan, the show's Floor Director (FD), gave him a warm nod. 

After the said introduction of the show's staffs and crews, Jong Kook was handed out pictures of the seven "Running Man" members. "Only six of them are active, the pretty boy of the group, Song Joong Ki, is in the military training and will be making his comeback anytime soon." told Jo PD. "This man here is the most popular celebrity in South Korea, Yoo Jae Suk. He's the national emcee. He's like a father and an older brother to the Song siblings." Hyung Taek said while holding a picture of the man. "And this is his best friend, Ji Suk Jin." added Myuk. "This one is Kang Gary, a famous rapper and a member of Leessang." said Hyung Taek. Kim Jong Kook thought of something upon seeing Gary's picture.

"And this woman is whom you'll be paired with." Jo PD then told him as he held the woman's picture. "Her name is Song Ji Hyo, and she's the show's only female member." added Jo PD. "We would like to test her capabilities out of silly situations for the third time, and so we have asked Lee Kwang Soo to help us find someone who would be willing to put up an act while the said members are acting." revealed Jo PD. His forehead scrunched as he asked, "They are acting but I'll be acting as well?" All the staffs and crews nodded at him as an answer. "Isn't that a bit impolite for me and Kwang Soo to do?" he then asked.

"What we are doing here is purely business, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." told the CP. "What we are looking forward to is to have this show's consistent high ratings, and we all agreed that this is the best time to pull off this kind of segment." the CP added in all honesty. "If you find it impolite, you are always welcome to decline the offer. But if you have accepted the offer, you can't reject all missions in the long run. It's still up for you to decide whether you'll push this one through or we'll have another one to make this kind of show come true." said Jo PD.

He looked at Kwang Soo, who shook his head. Kwang Soo made a gesture for him to accept the offer with a look of worry on his face. He sighed and looked back at the staffs as he asked, "Where do I need to sign?" The show's staffs and crews rejoiced when they heard him accept the offer. Kwang Soo's big smile didn't go unnoticed by him, and it is enough for him to not regret his decision. "I did the right thing. For Kwang Soo, for myself, and for you." he said to himself as he looked at the smiling woman's picture on the table. When the meeting is over, and Kwang Soo has bid him goodbye, the Running Man's PD Jo's words came to his thoughts again: "To put up a show within a show - - is what your mission is."