The Friend

Don't Be Good To Me


Ji Suk Jin, Yoo Jae Suk, Kang Gary, and Lee Kwang Soo are just inside a room inside a house where all of them are residing. The said reality show will soon be over, and all of them are getting nervous to what the outcome will be. They just can't wait that it will be over, so all of them especially Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook can freely love each other. They saw the couple got back from the amusement park, and they smiled seeing how the couple walked hand in hand towards the house. "They make such a good pair, don't they?" said Jae Suk.

"I'll just get a pen and a paper." said Ji Hyo. "No, I'll just get them. You should just sit down here." said Jong Kook as he prepared a chair for Ji Hyo so she can just sit. He assisted Ji Hyo to sit down, and he smiled at her while saying, "Please wait for a while. I'll just get those, and will give you a drink. I know you're as tired as I am. Wait, please." Ji Hyo nodded with a smile as she can't help but feel so loved by the man. "Babo-ya." she then whispered while looking at the unaware man, and viewers were confused for when she uttered that word, her image could actually be seen on the mirror while looking at Jong Kook's back.

"Did she call Jong Kook an idiot or did she tell that to herself?" asked Kwang Soo, who was as curious as the public viewers. "Maybe both." said Gary. "What she did was open to a lot of conclusions." commented Jae Suk. They all sighed at the same time. On the big screen, they can see Jong Kook walking lovingly towards Ji Hyo, was smiling as she saw him approaching her. "Knowing Ji Hyo, things are not going well according to her plans." said Jae Suk. "But we have to trust her. She'll make it through. She's an ace. She won't be one for nothing." Suk Jin then said. 

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are now sitting beside each other. Jong Kook gave Ji Hyo the pencil and the paper, and he, himself, got some stationery as well. "Can we go to the music room?" asked Jong Kook. "Of course." answered Ji Hyo. Jong Kook held Ji Hyo's hand so they could walk the said room. "Ya, I'm not a child." she then said with a smile seeing how Jong Kook held her hand. "I know. But you'll be the mother of my child." he then said romantically. Ji Hyo's face blushed as she heard his answer. "You're so naughty." she jokely said.

Jong Kook sat on the chair where the piano is facing him. "Just come up with a lyrics of "Don't Be Good To Me". I'll try to play some melody, okay?" said Jong Kook to the surprised Ji Hyo. No one in her co-casts could actually talk to her like that, but she loves how cute Jong Kook is whenever he commands something. "Yes, Commander." she then said as a joke. "Commander?" asked Jong Kook. "Yes, you seem like a commander commanding things like this, and things like that." she explained. "Oh, I see. It's okay, Ms. Mong." he then replied jokingly. The room was filled with their sweet banters and sweet glances towards each other.

Kim Jong Kook started to press the piano keyboard, and as he played the piano beautifully, Ji Hyo's heart started to race. "Do you know that this was the song I've composed because of you?" he told her while still playing the music. "In the past, I've put all my emotions on this song. This song actually became my trademark. People in Australia know this one, and the reason why this song was made is you." he then added as he looked into her eyes. "Don't cry, okay? It has been one of my wishes to play this song in front of you." said he as he looked at her again. "This song has been sung many times. In many love stories, this song has always been present. The title of this song is "One Man"". 

"Han namjaga-isso nol nomu saranghan. Han namjaga isso saranghae maldo mo-tha-nun. Ni gyote son nae-milmyon ggot tah-ul koriye. Chasinboda agginun nol gachin naeka isso. Norul utke hanuni-rochik keugonman saengga-kha-go. Onje odisona norul barabogo. Nol kuriwo hago ni kokchongman hanun. Han namjaga-isso nol nomu saranghan. Han namjaga isso saranghae maldo mo-tha-nun. Ni gyote son nae-milmyon ggot tah-ul koriye. Chasinboda agginun nol gachin naeka isso. Chonboncchum sam-kigo wo. Tto manbonchum chuseuryo bojiman. Ma-rha-go shipo michilgot katunde. Nol warang nan an-go shipunde. Han yojaga isso iron nal morunun. Sarang badumyonso sarang injuldo morunun. Namankum kkok pabogatun sulpun nol tugo. I sun-gan-do nunmuri najiman haengbo-khan gol. Niga gyote itki ttaemun-iya." /"There's a man. Who loves you so much. There's a man. Who can't even say I love you. By your side I put my hand out and at a path were you can always reach me. I, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you. To make you laugh, I think of only that and when and where ever you are I'm watching you and missing you. And who worries of only you. There's a man. Who loves you so much. There's a man. Who can't even say I love you. By your side I put my hand out and at a path were you can always reach me. I, who cherishes you more than myeslf, am with you. For the thousandth time I swallow and again for ten thousandth time I try to set everything straight. I want to tell you. I think I'm going to go insane but I want to embrace you all at one but there's a girl, who doesn't know I'm like this. Who receives love but doesn't even know that it is love. Leaving you, who is as foolish as I and sad. At this moment tears come but I'm happy. It's because you're by my side."

He then stopped singing as the song ended. Ji Hyo tried her best not to be so emotional over the song, but what can she do? She's just a woman. Her tears fell once again because of that one man who doesn't know how much loving and hurting she is having right now. Looking at the man, who sings his heart out for her, makes her feel more loved and more hurt. She knows that once this mission ends soon, things will never be the same between them again. And she's scared that the man in front of her might be soon gone because of her again.

"Hyung, that song was what Jong Kook hyung in the bar when he was drunk. Back then I didn't know that it was Song Ji Hyo noona who made him like that. What will I do, hyung? As days move on, I tend to feel guiltier than ever. Hyung, I think we better end this soon. All of us are having a hard time. It is not healthy anymore." said Kwang Soo to the rest of the men's surprise. Kwang Soo has always been silent about his opinions, and it is the first time that the men are looking at him in a different angle. 

Kwang Soo then looked at his friend on the monitor. He was reminded of the time when he first saw the muscular man in a bar where he was in. Few years back, when he went to a hotel, his friends tried to make fun of him by putting him on the center stage. They wanted him to sing an acapella song, but he was so blank that he couldn't sing in front of the crowd. He was just a part-time model way back then, and he knows that this said humiliation could actually ruin his dream of becoming a famous celebrity. He was so blank that he didn't know to do, however, a drunk fat man made his way on the said stage.

It was Kim Jong Kook, who was still obese that time. He took the microphone away from his grasp, and he started to preach the people who tried to make fun of the tall man. Since the crowd are mostly younger than Jong Kook, they all had their heads down when he was talking to them. "You said you guys wanted to hear this man sing a song, right?" Jong Kook then asked the crowd. "Then, I'll sing for him. But you all must apologize with how rude you were to this person. You don't know how big this man can be in the future. I am pretty sure you all don't want to regret that, right?" said Jong Kook to Kwang Soo's delight.

Back in the present, Kwang Soo looked at Jong Kook and Ji Hyo being busy in the music room. Jong Kook is currently playing the piano as Ji Hyo writes on a paper each time she glances at the muscular man. Ji Hyo's paper looks very clean but when the camera zooms in, there's a lot of erasures seen. She gave a little smile upon signing on the paper. Jong Kook looked at her, and so she waved her paper in the air as she said, "I finished it already." Jong Kook was amazed at how fast she could compose, and so he gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

Song Ji Hyo was pulled by Kim Jong Kook near the piano so she could hear the melody of the song that he'll be making. "I think this melody is good to the song that you've composed." he then said even without checking the lyrics. "I know you can do a good one by the title you've mentioned." he said seeming to know what's on her mind. She was about to say something, but then his phone rings all of a sudden. He excused himself as he answered the phone call, and he was happily surprised to know that one of his closest friends will go back to South Korea. She looks very happy to see how happy Kim Jong Kook is.

She excused herself as well for she suddenly feels very thirsty. She took out a pitcher of water from the fridge, and put some on a glass. Jong Kook's phone call has ended.  "My friend will be staying here in South Korea for a week. I'm so happy. I can get to introduce you to one of my closest friends soon." he then told her. "That's good. I'll be looking forward to see your friend. What's his or her name?" she then asked with a smile. Upon hearing Jong Kook's response, the Running Man members's worry and surprise have appeared on their faces just like how her smile disappeared on her face. They thought this could happen in a blue moon, but they were all shocked to hear Jong Kook's response loud and clear, and his response was "Ha Dong Hoon."