The Event

Don't Be Good To Me

Everyone gave them a big round of applause when the background music has started to play. Kim Jong Kook and Han Ye Seul are standing in front of the 5,080 audience. At the back of them, there's a very huge LCD screen where the people can see visual effects, and the song's title. The lights were turned off, and only mobile phones' lights could be seen. Their first song for tonight is Baek Ji Young's "Like Being Hit By A Bullet". This song was actually handpicked by Kim Jong Kook when Ye Seul asked him to think of a ballad that they can sing.

Han Ye Seul started to sing the first part, "Like being hit by a bullet, everything is chaotic. Only laughter came out so I just laughed, so I just laughed. I just..." then Kim Jong Kook started singing the next part while thinking of someone," Smiling apathetically, I asked you one thing. Why did we break up? How could we break up? How could we break up? How? Through the hole in my heart all our memories are flowing out. Even if I try to hold on them, even if I try to block my heart. They slip through my fingers." 

Ye Seul continued with, "Even if my heart stops, I didn't think it would hurt like this. Please do something! Please heal me. At this rate my heart will be completely destroyed, my pierced heart." Jong Kook had to make a poker face stopping himself from remembering someone when he started singing, "I followed you as you got up and ran blindly after you. Behind you, behind you, who was walking like you were running away, I screamed." Ye Seul then sang right after, "Through the hole in my heart all our memories are flowing out. Please do something! Please heal me. At this rate my heart will be completely destroyed."

She continued the song with, "Like being hit with a bullet, my heart hurts so much. It hurts like this, it hurts so much. It's strange that i can live. How can I forget you?" Jong Kook had to sing a short one - "I..." followed by Ye Seul's, "I don't know how to do such things." to which he sang, "don't know..." And so Ye Seul ended the song by singing the emotional part of it as she looked at him with some advices to give him, "There's a gaping hole in my heart that can not be filled, it hurts so much that I can die like being hit by a bullet... oh..".

The sea of people clapped at the end of the first song of the night. The song is so famous that all of the audience were moved to tears. The way they have sung it was so heartbreaking. Han Ye Seul gave the audience a big smile as she told him that the next performer will be her longtime partner in her singing career, the birthday boy, Kim Jong Kook. "This man here is celebrating his birthday but his song choices are so heartbreaking that it breaks our hearts, right? Anyway, let's give Mr. Kim Jong Kook a round of applause before he starts to sing." 

Kim Jong Kook bowed at the entire audience before he decided to talk to them. "Few nights ago, they asked me to choose two songs which I can relate to, and so I chose the song "Like Being Hit By A Bullet", and the song "I Miss You" by Kim Bum Soo. The reason why I chose these songs is that they speak what's in my heart which my mouth can't even say. In fact, I was wishing that that person could actually be one of the spectators here in Lakeside, but that's too impossible, right? So I hope you all like this solo piece of mine for tonight."

The spotlight is the only light that could be seen, and the spotlight is on him. When he heard the background music, he closed his eyes to feel the lyrics of the song. "No matter how I wait I can't go like a dummy crying, next to you. Only gave me pain, without you noticing, are you telling me to leave? I miss you, I miss you. To the point where I hate myself. I want to cry, I want to kneel. If only everything didn't happen. Searching the memories where I loved you crazily. Those memories haunt me but I can't hide this love any longer. I should not do this but I miss you to death. I miss you, I miss you.

To the point where I hate myself. I want to cry, I want to kneel. If only everything didn't happen. Searching the memories where I loved you crazily. Those memories haunt me but I can't hide this love any longer. I should not do this but I miss you to death. I... miss you... to... death." He opened his eyes as soon as the song ended. People clapped real loud when they felt the emotions of him in that song. He smiled sadly as he thought of Song Ji Hyo on stage. He remembered when he shared the stage with her when they competed with their song composition, "Don't Be Good To Me". 

The lights suddenly , and he was surprised when the people started singing "Happy Birthday". The fan chant is so pleasing in his ears that he feels so touched and thankful, however, he doesn't know why he still feels incomplete. He heard the audience screamed so loud when his best friends, Cha Tae Yun and Jang Hyuk, came out of the back stage. He's so lost that he doesn't know what's going on. As the fans scream louder and louder, his heart races faster and faster when he sees a lot of celebrities coming out of the stage. 

"What's going on?" he asked Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk, who were facing him. His two friends smiled at him as they showed him the roster of celebrities who went to Australia just to greet him on his special day. His mouth opened when he realized how big celebrities gathered on the arena tonight. Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk assisted him to stand on the middle as the celebrities face him. The stage where he stands was lightly lifted up to his surprise. It was done so that the people can see his reaction to tonight's main attraction.

Fans screamed when 2NE1 members, Bom, CL, Dara, and Minzy, and Big Bang members, Daesung, GD, Seungri, Taeyang, and T.O.P bowed to him. He didn't know what to say when they turned their back against him and saw the letters written on their clothes - 'Kim Jong Kook, will  you be my husband forever? Followed by the celebrity friends of Song Ji Hyo and her foster family - Lee Bo Young, Kim So Eun, Jung Ryeo Won, Park Si Yeon, Park Ye Jin, Lee Hyo Ri, Lee Si Young, Ha Ji Won, Yoon Eun Hye, Jun Ho, Ji Sung, Joo Ji Hoon, Lee Kyung Kyu, Kim Jae Dong, Kang Ho Dong and Kim Byung Man. 

All of those said celebrities bowed at him with a smile and turned their back against him in sequence, so he can read the words - 'Because there is only you whom I want to spend the rest of my life with.' The crowd gets wild when three familiar men showed up on stage - Park Myung Soo, Kang Gary, Ha Dong Hoon. His eyes became watery when they bowed to him and delivered the message by showing him their backs. It's the sweetest three words that he knows. Their backs say - "I love you", then comes Lee Kwang Soo, Yoo Jae Suk, Ji Suk Jin, Han Ye Seul, Jang Hyuk, and Cha Tae Hyun - "from the bottom of my heart."

The fans reached the highest peak of their screams when Kim Jong Kook's tears became visible to them when his parents, Kim Yoon Seok and Kim Hye Ok, made their appearance. Along with Song Ji Hyo's handsome brother, Song Joong Ki, who excused himself for a day or two from his military service, and the woman behind all of this unbelievable event - Song Ji Hyo. His tears streamed down his face more when Song Ji Hyo smiled at him as she politely signaled for the three to now turn around. He continuously nodded like a machine as she took the courage to propose to him by saying what's written on their backs in front of the world - "Will you marry me?"