The D-day

Don't Be Good To Me


And so the day comes for Kim Jong Kook to start the mission. He knows that he needs to get his act done, so he can save Lee Kwang Soo's face. Plus the fact that he wants to see Song Ji Hyo's face. His mission is just simple - put up an act, and let the other members believe that they have won the show. He shouldn't be caught. If he'll be caught, Kwang Soo's betrayal will be revealed as well as his appearance on the said show will be ceased. He told himself again that he is not doing this for revenge, but for Lee Kwang Soo, himself, and Song Ji Hyo.

He went to the restaurant where he'll be acting as a stranger who will ruin the relationship of Lee Kwang Soo and Song Ji Hyo. According to Kwang Soo, the plot of his appearance on the said reality show is that Ji Hyo will be Kwang Soo's noona lover. He smiled at how silly the writer's imagination is. He finally saw the three co-members of Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo. From afar, he could see the famous national emcee, the famous gag man, and the familiar rapper. He then noticed that Lee Kwang Soo and Song Ji Hyo have arrived to the said meeting place. 

"Hyung, you have to get in between when Ji Hyo noona will take my hand to be introduced to her foster family and to Gary hyung, okay?" he remembered Kwang Soo telling him this. So when he noticed Kwang Soo behind her, he quickly made his move. He pulled her hand and he can totally see the surprised reaction on her face when he suddenly appeared in front of her, and made her more surprised by kissing her in public. He knows she was about to slap him if not for the national emcee's interuption. It's now the first time that he can see the said popular celebrity.

He was approached by Yoo Jae Suk in a nice and warm way, and he doesn't know whether it's just an act or not. He was invited to see the rest of the members, and now, he's face to face to all the casts of the said "Running  Man" show, a reality show where the title should be taken literally. "How did you know Song Ji Hyo?" the oldest man, Suk Jin, asked him. "I've known her from a long time ago. She was supposed to be married to me." his mind answered, yet what his mouth answered was, "I've known her through Kwang Soo." And all of them, including him, were surprised.

Because of his answer, Suk Jin became suspicious. Good thing when he was asked on how he got to know the youngest member of the show, he was quick enough to answer them. The conversation goes on and on, and he could feel how dedicated all the members are with their acting. When Ji Hyo was asked as to why she's not introducing her boyfriend yet, it was by that time that he started to think that he should step up with his own mission. So before the woman can act as if she's totally been betrayed, where in reality, all of them are being betrayed by now, he stood up and revealed the to the show's members that he's the one they're looking for - Song Ji Hyo's boyfriend.

When he heard Kwang Soo congratulated Ji Hyo, he felt her stare at him. If his instict is right, right now the woman is thinking that he is a close friend of Kwang Soo. When Jae Suk commented that Ji Hyo looked as if she was betrayed, he felt a bit guilty because it's true. He felt nervous when Ji Hyo clung her hand around his muscular arm. When Gary, whom he still thinks is very familiar to him, asked where he got to know Ji Hyo, he answered it with the prepared scripted answer, "I saw her dozing off at the subway station." to everyone's delight.

He noticed that all of the casts laughed at his reply. He knows they are smiling because they are thinking that he's being fooled, but then, he's just playing his card as much as they are playing theirs. The conversation went on and on again until he was teased by Jae Suk and Suk Jin. He looked at Ji Hyo, who was obviously putting an act, to divert everyone's attention. He knows that what he's doing right now is a huge mistake, but remembering what's on the line, he doesn't know why feels very comfortable into this kind of disguise. 

When Kang Gary expressed his thoughts, he doesn't know why he feels the man is not really acting. He can feel that what he's saying in regard to Ji Hyo isn't scripted. So when the man kept on saying things, he asked him whether he has feelings for Song Ji Hyo without hesitating. His questions weren't answered, and it just led to Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo's pretense of confronting each other, however, he doesn't feel interested hearing stuffs that are obviously a kind of bluff. He was surprised when he heard Ji Hyo slapped Kwang Soo as he heard her gave his friend a warning.

"Fine. Let's just be this way. Since you and your friend there know how to play this game, let's do it. Let's wait and see who'll give up this game first. But I am telling you right now, that person will never be me." he heard Ji Hyo said these lines. And he was nervous to death thinking that his cover has been blown, but when the woman left the place where Kwang Soo and him are in, he acted as if he doesn't know what's really happening in the said show. Kim Jong Kook was left alone with Lee Kwang Soo. He asked the latter to sit down and have a talk over coffee. 

"Why did you do that?" he asked curiously while giving his best act. "That woman seemed to be a good one. Why did you even have to court her if you won't be serious towards her?" he asked again. "Hyung, I already told you. I was not in my right mind when I asked her to be my girlfriend. Hyung, I tried to like her more and more for six months, but hyung, I realized it wasn't love." answered Kwang Soo. "Was it lust?" asked Jong Kook in a straight-forward manner.

Kwang Soo was surprised with Jong Kook's frank acting. "Hyung, how could I do that with someone I don't love?" he asked playing along. "I don't know what I'll do with you Kwang Soo-ya. I am just doing this to save your ." said Jong Kook. "I risked not singing in Melbourne just to grant your silly request. I must have gone crazy, right?" he asked Kwang Soo in disbelief. "Hyung, I heard that you and Han Ye Seul noona aren't doing fine. So don't just say that you're doing this for me. I know you're also doing this so you can move on. So let's just help each other, hyung."

He was about to hit Lee Kwang Soo for bringing up Han Ye Seul's name, but he remembered that he's on TV right now, so he went on acting as he asked, "How did you know about Ye Seul and I?" he asked. "Ye Seul noona told me that she has found herself a man even though you were always with her back there." he admitted to his surprise. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked. "Because I know you'll be hurt, and that you'll be here. Just like now. So hyung, just grab this chance to forget Ye Seul noona and to help me stay out of this misery. It will be over soon, hyung. We'll put an end to it, hyung. I promise." said Kwang Soo. 

Unknown to Lee Kwang Soo, the woman, who's the reason why he drunk and ended up saving Kwang Soo's face in the hotel before, is actually just in front of them earlier. And that one of the reasons why he's grabbing the opportunity of acting right now, is that he wants to see Ji Hyo's reaction when she finds out about him, the guy she rejected few years ago. He asked Lee Kwang Soo to tell him more about Song Ji Hyo, and since he has accepted the offer of Jae Suk and Suk Jin to live in their fake house earlier, he started to prepare all his things after an hour of his talk with Kwang Soo.

"Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I'm sorry to put you through this." he told himself while he was packing up all the things that he needs when he goes to Song Ji Hyo's foster family's house tomorrow. When he got tired, he laid on the bed, and took the picture out of his jacket. It's the picture that was shown to him by PD Jo back in the conference room. He looked at it more and mumbled, "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, in this pretense of ours, please... don't be good to me." He then looked at the ceiling for he knows that tomorrow is the day where all of them will be playing with each other's feelings.