The Letter

Don't Be Good To Me

"I guess this is the end. Now, I will turn away. I will not trouble anything by going against the destiny and insisting on having my own way. I will leave everything unspoken that I want to say and I was going to say. I will give up any hope that might come by any chance. So, please take care my love. I will take your long silence as a sign of our splitting up. Please do not worry a bit about my broken heart. Oh my dear love, even though we can no longer see each other. Actually, I am always thankful for your existence, my love. So that I could endure difficult days." 

Song Ji Hyo's tears rolled down her cheeks when she finished singing the first part of the song. She went to the private singing room where she, including Kim Jong Kook, and her co-Running Man members went to. She went there to express her sadness and grief about Kim Jong Kook's departure from South Korea. Now, the man has flown away. He went back to Australia to where he said he belongs. She wiped her tears as she remembered what happened in the airport earlier.

"Kim Jong Kook!" she shouted with all her might without caring that people in the Incheon International Airport might recognize her. He turned around to look at her. It's not his departure time yet, so she feels so lucky to have seen him in the airport that fast. She ran towards his direction, and she asked for him to talk to her. "Just for a while. Please." she told him. "Ji Hyo-ssi, where is your pride?" asked Jong Kook in a soft voice. She shook her head and answered, "When it comes to you, I have no pride." 

Song Ji Hyo's heart raced so fast when Kim Jong Kook agreed for the two of them to have a talk. "Why are you leaving?" she asked. "I don't belong here." he answered her directly. "But you belong with me." she then said. Jong Kook smiled as he answered, "Are you still playing a prank on me? You should stop it now, Ji Hyo-ssi. You and I can never be together anymore. The feelings aren't there anymore." Jong Kook then uttered. "But -- " she was about to say something more, but he already added, "There comes a time when walking away is the best for everyone. It's the best thing for you, and the best thing for me."

"I'm so sorry for making you feel upset. For giving you such pain. I know you are thinking that all the things I've shown you were pure acting, but I want you to know that ever since you told me that you're that man from the past, I stopped acting. I never lied when I told those loving words to you. I meant and I mean all those words. That is why, can you not leave? Just please forgive me, forget about everything, and stay here with me. Let's start anew. Let's have a world that only I and you know. Because I really can't let you go." she told him while looking in his eyes. 

Kim Jong Kook, who was looking at her, had to look at his phone. He saw a notification that Lee Kwang Soo sent him a message, but he put his stare back at the woman in front of him. "We can all recover from upset, Ji Hyo-ssi. We can all recover from pain. But once your heart is truly broken, things will never be the same." he then told her. "So let's make a change. Let's not make it the same. We can make it through, so let's not make our relationship through. " Ji Hyo then thought. "Ji Hyo-ssi, the game is over. And so are we." said Kim Jong Kook that made Ji Hyo's tears fell from her eyes. 

Song Ji Hyo doesn't know why she can't utter a word. Hearing the word that they are over made her really glued to the floor. She was blank for a moment, and she went back to her senses when they heard the announcement, "Paging all passengers of flight SSE 0821, please proceed to the plane." She looked back at Jong Kook, who smiled at him and patted her head. "We need to let go of each other now. It's time for me to go. Goodbye." he told her as he turned around. Ji Hyo was quick enough to give him a back hug as she pleaded, "Please don't push me away. Whatever you were up to, I don't mind. Just please... let me... stay." 

"Next time, I hope you meet a good person. While you are living this life, please forget about me. I really wish for your happiness. If anything, please, at least, take this wish from my heart.  I will take your long silence as a sign of our splitting up. Please do not worry a bit about my broken heart. Oh my dear love, even though we can no longer see each other. Actually, I am always thankful for your existence, my love. So that I could endure difficult days." she then continued the song upon realizing the song is still being played on the karaoke.

"Next time, I hope you meet a good person. While you are living this life, please forget about me. I really wish for your happiness. If anything, please, at least, take this wish from my heart." she finished the song of Kim Kwang Jin which has a title of "The Letter". As she finished the song, her tears streamed once again when she remembered the last moment that she had with Kim Jong Kook. When she pleaded for him not to push her away, Jong Kook faced her with an intent look. He smiled at her which made her hopes high.

Kim Jong Kook gently kissed her on the lips. He pressed her lips real hard, but he stopped midway. He held Ji Hyo's shoulders away from him and said, "That will do as a parting gift, right? Please do yourself a favor. And do me that favor. Let me live... without you." He turned his back against her again and so she called his name back. This time, it was softer. Jong Kook didn't look at her but he stopped himself from walking. "I love you... ---" she said as she halted her words in the middle before she added up the word, " ... goodbye."

Song Ji Hyo sighed as she left the last word came out of . She did all her best to make the muscular man stay in her life, but the man has no other choice but to push her away. She smiled at the back of Jong Kook. Like a fool, she's trying to remember all the memories that she had with him. After everything that has happened, she knows that now she only has memories of them with her. She turned around and decided to move away from the man, but Kim Jong Kook called her name aloud, "Song Ji Hyo!" 

Kim Jong Kook smiled at her when she turned to look at him. She was about to run with open arms for she thought that things are not yet over between the two of them. But to her surprise, when Kim Jong Kook opened his mouth, he told her, "You should take care, okay?" She felt as if she was splashed by gallons of cold water. She did her best to force a big smile on her face while trying to stop liters of tears falling from her eyes. She smiled so hard that she feels like dying minute per minute before she uttered her reply, "You, too." 

Song Ji Hyo didn't let go of her smile as well as the tears that are already welling up. She did her best to stay composed when she sends off Kim Jong Kook. Kim Jong Kook looked at her as she remembered the thoughts in her mind, "Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows." She bowed at the man as a sign of saying goodbye to her love and happiness, and the man did the same. It was Kim Jong Kook, who stepped out of the relationship first, and now there's no sense for her to stay. 

Kim Jong Kook quickly made his steps towards the plane. He already has decided to forget everything for the sake of Song Ji Hyo. It's funny how he thought he won't leave the woman of his dreams and his life no matter what happens, but the situation is out of his control. The damage has been done, and sooner or later, the two of them, as well as their memories, will be gone. He's now on the plane, and when he's about to turn his phone off, he saw a notification of Kwang Soo's message. 

His eyes grew wide and his heart aches upon seeing his close friend's message -"Hyung, it wasn't true that Ji Hyo noona resigned because she has known you acting for quite some time, and that she acted knowing you're just acting. She just found out about that one now. Hyung, you shouldn't let go of her when she runs to you, she told me just now that she doesn't care if you have been pretending all along. She said she accepts you, understands you, and loves you with all her heart. She also said that she will never ever allow that you two will be apart... ever... again. Hyung, she said for you in her heart, there's no other emotions... just love."