The Lyrics

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook looked away when the woman turned around to look at him. He was touched when she mentioned that the song, "Don't Be Good To Me", was written because of him. Ji Hyo just said that he was the inspiration of the said song composition. He looked on the piano as he told himself, "Don't be fooled again. That woman must probably be acting again. Don't let her step on you anymore. Be a man." He looked at the musical sheet, and started to play the song while he gets ready to sing the song. His face changed upon seeing the lyrics.

"Stop being good to me. Don't be good to me anymore. It might be better to be cold to me. Or ignoring me might be better for me. Brushing off the dust on my collar, carelessly laughing and leaning on my shoulder. I let it go, telling myself that it's just a habit and busy my day. But as if I took a picture, I think about it again and again. Stop being good to me. Don't be good to me anymore. I don't have the confidence to kneel on my knees, and be hurt by love. Perhaps, if you have different thoughts than me, if you and I have different thoughts, if somebody asks you who I am, nonchantly introduced me as just someone you know.

That call a couple of nights ago, it's not that I didn't want to answer, but I couldn't. Just in case perhaps, without thinking, I tell you I miss you when I'm drunk because in the morning, I'll regret it. Stop being good to me. Don't be good to me anymore. I don't have the confidence to kneel on my knees, and be hurt by love. Although I had the whole world, because of love, although I miss it, I'm unable to find the way. Maybe perhaps you have the same thoughts as me, if you and I maybe happen to have the same thoughts, I wait again and again, in front of love again today, like a fool. I cling to you again... like a fool."

He didn't know that his tears almost fell down from his eyes. It was good that those tears didn't fall down in front of the so many people who gathered just to witness the said competition. He doesn't want to appear like a fool in front of them anymore. Once is enough for him to be fooled, and he knows that experiencing it twice is like stepping on his pride. He knows that the lyrics of the song hits him so hard, but although the song matches his situation and her situation right now, it's still best not to express his emotions in front of them. 

Song Ji Hyo almost cried in front of the crowd. She was so overwhelmed with Kim Jong Kook's soothing voice, and with the song that he just sang. The crowd gave them a big round of applause, and she can vividly see the hidden emotions behind their proud and sorry faces. She can not blame Jong Kook, she knows that once is enough for the man to be fooled, and she knows that for the man to experience it twice is like on his pride. She knows how wrong she was when she toyed with the man's feelings, but she knows that she didn't toy with his feelings at all. If there's one thing that she hates the most, it was when she didn't even think of her reputation as an actress whenever she sees him around. 

"They are crying inside, hyung." commented Ha Ha. "Do you think I don't know?" asked Gary. "Hyung, it's such a pity how the three of us ended up like this." added Ha Ha as he talked about him, Gary, and Jong Kook. "I was never close to Jong Kook-ssi." replied Gary. "But hyung, you acted, too. I wonder if Ji Hyo will still run after Jong Kook hyung if she learns that you and Kim Jong Kook hyung knew each other from the start." told Ha Ha. Gary looked at Ha Ha and warned, "That's a secret between Jong Kook and I. Don't you dare."

Jae Suk and Suk Jin were suprised to hear the revelation between Ha Ha and Gary. Unknown to the two estranged friends, they have been sitting at the back ever since the show begun. They went there in disguise to support and witness the ruined couple, especially their sister-and-daughter like Song Ji Hyo. "What's the meaning of this?" asked Suk Jin, who couldn't help but react with the said secret. Jae Suk closed his eyes as a reaction to what he just found out. Gary looked at the two older men, and he looked down right away for he was too shy to face them. "Ha Ha-ssi, Gary-ssi, I think you both should have a talk with us both." told Jae Suk.

Back to the couple, Kim Jong Kook stood up from where he was sitting. He now stood beside Song Ji Hyo for them to take a bow in front of the audience. There's no doubt that they were the ones who wowed the viewers. The other two pairs even agreed to that by clapping their hands. "That was such a very emotional piece. All the people watching and listening to that song can actually tell that that song is really something. That that song really comes from the heart. It was so wonderful. Your composition was good, and his voice is so great." Hyo Ri, the emcee, complimented the two on their job well done. "Congratulations!" she then added.

"That's the truth." said Gary as he explained the situation.  "Well, it isn't that bad. I'm pretty sure Ji Hyo won't take it against the two of you. After all, you met him when he was still really fat and you were with Ha Ha that time." said Suk Jin when he learned that it was Gary, who was with Ha Dong Hoon when the distressed Kim Jong Kook chased after the man who stole Ji Hyo's thing in the past. Gary smiled at Ha Ha as he said, "See? I told you so." Ha Ha remained quiet and looked back at the couple whom he finds suitable with each another.

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are now backstage face to face, awaiting for the result. They looked at each other when the result, that they are the winners of today's competition, was announced. Song Ji Hyo was looking at him with a meaningful stare, but he has learned his lesson well, so he turned his back around so he can get on stage right away, however, he stopped his way to the stage when she heard her say, "Kim Jong Kook, please forgive me. Please stay. Let our great love for each other prevail. I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry." as she gave him a hug from the back.

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are most likely unaware that their microphones weren't turned off when they went to the said stage, so the people on stage as well as the audience were surprised when they heard Song Ji Hyo's voice from the backstage. Even the four men, who were busy discussing things, were surprised to hear Ji Hyo's way of extending her apologies to the man whom she obviously loves. But what surprised the people, who are present in today's event, was when they heard Kim Jong Kook's bittersweet answer.

"I always thought that love can melt away the pain no matter how painful it is... - " said Kim Jong Kook who stopped his sentence halfway. Song Ji Hyo tightened her hug to the muscular man to the man's agony. He composed himself so he would appear strong and unfazed. Ji Hyo leaned her head on his back. Jong Kook knows that if he stays more backstage, he might forget the pain he's feeling and just get back to the woman, but then he realized how badly he was hurt and stepped on, so he finished his sentence by saying, "But I just realized that pain can melt away the love no matter how great it is." while removing the woman's crossed hands on his stomach as he headed back to the stage where people in disbelief await them.