The Handbag

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook looked at Song Ji Hyo as she walked out of the restaurant. Her words keep on playing on his mind while looking at her, even after she is no longer visible in his eyes. Yes, he has been humiliated multiple times because of his physical appearance, but this was the first time that he has been hurt because of it. He stood up while still thinking of what Ji Hyo told him. He saw Ji Hyo outside the shopping mall once again. He smiled a little as he told himself that he will never ever approach the woman anymore.

Just then, a man from behind grabbed Ji Hyo's handbag to the woman's surprise. But much to his surprise, the surprised woman didn't even scream when her bag was being stolen. He decided to run after the man with all his might. He was panting while running, but his mind was focus on Ji Hyo's handbag and the robber. "Stop him! Stop him!" he screamed to the men who were about to face the robber. The men, who heard his scream, stopped the robber who was trying to run as fast as he could. The robber then was caught.

"Thank you!" he said in a thankful manner. "You should be put to jail." he then said to the man who stole Ji Hyo's bag. One of the two men who helped him asked, "Is that the handbag of your girlfriend?" He shook his head as he answered, "No. It's from someone I know." The man smiled at him as he said, "I bet that girl is special to you." He smiled when he heard what he heard. The short man might be right, and he's now slowly becoming aware of it. "I guess I was right, Mr. -- ?" the short man said as he asked for his name through a hand shake.

"Kim Jong Kook." he answered as he gave out his hand. The short man smiled at him as he gave his name in return, "My name is Ha Dong Hoon, but you can just call me Ha Ha." He bowed to the kind man, and looked at his friend who was busy talking over the phone. "His name is Gary. Whenever he is on his phone, he's busy." Ha Ha told him with a smile. He bowed again as a way of saying thank you and goodbye. He turned around and ran towards where Ji Hyo was standing earlier.

Because of his heavy body, he arrived too late at the place. He's panting while looking around the said place to see whether Ji Hyo is still there, but the woman is no longer around anymore. Someone touched his shoulder from behind, so he hurriedly turned around. To his dismay, it was just Eric. "We should go home, Sir. Your parents are looking for you." said his bodyguard. "Let me carry that for you." Eric said as he saw him walking a handbag. "No." he quickly answered. "I can manage." he then said as he moved forward.

"Jong Kook-ah, we'll be leaving for Australia soon." said his mother. "Why mom?" he asked. "Your father doesn't want to stay here anymore. He's just remembering Kang Ho here." she told him. His curious face made her told something, "Jong Kook-ah, your father and Kang Ho have been the very best of friends ever since they were young. Their parents were also the best of friends when they were alive. They were together through ups and downs. I know if Kang Ho was a woman, I don't have a chance to be your father's wife." 

"But I don't want to leave, Mom." he said. "I have to be here to be with someone." he told her truthfully. His mom was surprised to his admission. "Are you in a relationship?" she asked him. "I wish I could be." he answered. "Who's that girl?" her mom asked. "She doesn't know me, Mom. And I think she isn't interested in knowing a fat guy like me. In fact, she doesn't even know my name." he told his mom. "Jong Kook-ah, don't say that. You are worthy of someone's love. You have to remember that." adviced his mom. "Mom, let me stay here for a while. Just for a while." he requested. 

A week after, he's left alone with Eric. "You can take a vacation leave." he told the man. "But Sir, I have nowhere to go to." he told him. "Don't you have a girlfriend?" he asked the man. "I used to." his bodyguard answered sadly. "Was it a bitter end?" he asked seeing how sad his bodyguard is. "It was my fault. I let her go. And because I let her go, she's now married to someone I don't know." he honestly told him. "Must be sad on your part." he commented. "Is she someone I know?" he asked again which the man answered with a nod.

"Park Si Yeon? My friend?" he asked when he found out that Eric has dated his friend for a long time. Eric nodded at him as the man added, "She's friends with Song Ji Hyo-ssi. The one whom you were supposed to marry." His eyes gre wide when he heard Eric's additional information. "Song Ji Hyo? The daughter of Song Kang Ho?" he asked excitedly. Eric smiled at him as he said, "Yes. Song Ji Hyo, the one who makes you feel so excited like that, Sir." His face blushed when he heard Eric's tease. "What are you waiting, Sir? Go get her." added Eric.

Eric's advice put him into a deep thought. While thinking, he saw the woman's handbag. It was still under his possession. He opened Ji Hyo's bag, and saw the woman's wallet. He saw Ji Hyo's family picture. Her parents are sitting while she and her younger brother are standing. He touched Ji Hyo's image as he remembered her mean words, "Besides I am not interested in marrying a man who is so fat." He closed his eyes as he murmured before he fall asleep, "Wait for me, this hanky guy that you know, will definitely be a hunk. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, you just need to wait and see. One of these days, you'll get to know how perfect we could be."