The Arena

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook couldn't help but shed tears upon seeing the numerous videos of Song Ji Hyo talking to the public, admitting her defeat about the mission, and confessing her real feelings towards him. The said videos were only shown to the people who have availed a premium access of Running Man video streaming. It is far different from the broadcasted scenes of Seoul Broadcasting Station (SBS). If he has known that such things really exist, he should have not been so mean. He knows there's no use to crying over spilled milk, but now, he knows for sure, that things between him and Song Ji Hyo deserve a second chance.  

He wiped his tears right away when his phone started ringing. He answered the call upon seeing the caller's name. It's the woman, Han Ye Seul, who has been singing with him again when he got back to Australia three months ago. He was greeted by the woman with a delighted voice. "Can I not sing today?" he asked. Ye Seul asked him why he doesn't want to, and he just replied that he was not in the mood. He sighed upon hearing Ye Seul's answer. "As much as I want you to take a rest on your special day, the boss isn't in the mood to postpone any of your schedule today, and just to remind you, we have two duets and you have a solo performance today."


He checked his schedule for tonight on his mobile. He threw his phone on the bed when he saw that they will be singing in front of one of the famous arenas in Melbourne today. "Why do we have to sing on the arena today?" he asked himself feeling lazy. He smiled a little when he thought of seeing Song Ji Hyo in the audience. His smile disappeared when he realized he was thinking of the woman again. "Kim Jong Kook, no matter how much you miss that woman, there's no point in getting back to her arms again." he belatedly reminded himself before he entered the bathroom to get himself prepared for work soon.


He took off his shirt as soon as he entered the bathroom. Since there was a mirror inside the bathroom, he saw his muscular body. From head to his deliciously-looking six pack hot abs. Looking at his masculine figure, he was reminded of the time when he was vying for Song Ji Hyo's attention. He really wanted to attain the body he has now to tell Song Ji Hyo that he could change for the better, and that he could be a worthy one for her. "I didn't know you were so immature to think that way, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." he thought to himself.


He started to shower, and he closed his eyes to feel the water. While getting himself wet by the water, he felt something warm embraced him from the back. He was stunned and he couldn't move when a familiar voice called his name, "Jong Kook oppa.." He could feel the warmth of the woman's breath even though he was soaking wet. He doesn't want to open his eyes for he knows if he opens them, his feelings and yearnings will be caught. He felt that the woman's hug became tighter as she asked, "I have already said goodbye, but why does my heart cry and cry? If I greet you with a hi, will you still say goodbye?" 

"Kim Jong Kook, what are you doing?" he asked himself while his eyes are still closed. "Give up your pride, didn't you say you admit to yourself earlier that you're missing her? What are you doing? Go and tell her you still love her." his heart told him. "Ya! Why are you so stupid? Didn't he just say earlier that even though he misses that woman, there's no sense in getting back into her arms again?" his mind answered. He's now confused as both his heart and mind are arguing on what he should do to the woman who's clinging to him as of the moment.

However, long before he could decide what to do, his eyes suddenly opened when he heard his mobile phone ringing again. He looked around very surprised. He didn't know that he fell asleep at the bathtub earlier. So turning on the shower, and Ji Hyo hugging him from the back were all just a dream. He didn't know that his laziness could actually made him forget that he has a work to do, and now that his phone is ringing non-stop, he realized that he needed to hurry if he really doesn't want to be late for work. 

Han Ye Seul gave him a bottle of mineral water when he reached the arena panting. "It's good that you weren't late. Otherwise those people will be very angry." she told him as she pointed at the sea of people at the Lakeside Stadium. "The seated capacity of this arena is 5,080 people." informed Ye Seul. His eyes grew big when he heard what she said. "What are we doing here?" he asked in a very surprised manner. "What else? We will sing, of course." Ye Seul answered. "But should I hit you?" asked Ye Seul to which he got confused.

"I'm nervous to death now because those people will be looking at us while we sing. And the songs that we'll be singing are way too high. What if I don't hit the high keys? That will be embarrassing." Ye Seul told him. "Are you sure it's because of that that you're nervous?" he asked. Ye Seul shook her head as she opened up the real reason, "My Teddy oppa will be watching later. It's the first time that he'll see me perform in such a huge crowd." He smiled sadly when he thought of Song Ji Hyo in the audience again. "I'll go to the dressing room. See you in a while then. Let's do a good job later, okay? Fighting!" cheered Ye Seul. 

Hours after, everything has been set up. Han Ye Seul and him will be the opening act for all the famous Korean celebrities that have gathered up today to do a special charity for the poor people. He knows that beside Han Ye Seul, the reason why her boyfriend is present in the stadium is that he has to support some acts from the YG Family. Han Ye Seul smiled at him as she opens the said event with her cute precious smile as she said, "Good evening everyone! I know this is the day that everyone has been waiting for, so now we will start this day's important event with Kim Jong Kook and I singing on the floor."