The Excuse

Don't Be Good To Me

Flashback.


MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.


Kim Jong Kook woke up when his phone rang so loud. He didn't bother to check who the caller was when he answered the call. He just said 'yoboseyo' (hello in English), and the person on the other line greeted him in a serious tone. "Hyung..." said the person on the other line. His eyes slowly opened when he heard the familiar voice. It has been two years since he has heard his close friend's voice, and he wondered what's up with his celebrity friend in South Korea. "Jong Kook hyung, please help me." he then heard from his friend whose name is Lee Kwang Soo. 

"Did something happen?" he asked worriedly. Kwang Soo answered him in details, and he was surprised when the latter requested him of something. "What? Why will I ruin a relationship just because you want to be out of it?" he asked in a serious manner. "Hyung, my girlifriend is a bit older, and she's in good terms with two of the most famous celebrities here in South Korea. If they find out about our dating status, I don't think they will allow it. Also, hyung, I realize that having an older woman by my side isn't really a good one. Hyung, please help me." said Kwang Soo.

He didn't wish to tolerate Kwang Soo at first, but he remembered that it was Kwang Soo who helped him become a famous singer in Melbourne. Kwang Soo added something on the line as well, "I thought Song Ji Hyo-ssi was the woman I was looking for, but she ended up not the one I'm hoping to be with. There's no love anymore, hyung. There was never a love at all." He sighed heavily as he thought of things to grant Kwang Soo's request. "You said your woman is a celebrity, right?" he asked. "Yes, hyung." he answered. "Then this will be so tough." said he.

Back in the present time, the above scenes crossed Kim Jong Kook's mind while he was inside his room. Ha Ha and him rented a room for a while while they are still in South Korea. When he closed his eyes, the continuation of that conversation in the past runs across his mind again. It was by that time that he realized how really tough it will be when Lee Kwang Soo confessed what he is really asking of him to do. He sighed heavily as he heard the worry of his friend on the other line. "Hyung, actually - - -" started Kwang Soo as he lent his ears to him to listen.

"It's a reality show, hyung. You'll be filmed 24/7. People will look at you and check whether my co-members can actually accomplish the missions. I was assigned to choose a person whom we can prank, and Song Ji Hyo noona was assigned to be romantically inclined for reel with that person as well. I don't have the confidence to ask any other persons for I don't want to be a burden to Ji Hyo noona. She's my best friend's sister, and I want her to be successful as she is all the time. That's why I am asking you, Hyung. Please accept my request." 

"Why is there even a show like that?" he asked curiosly. "Hyung, in South Korea, a lot of shows like this have been going on. There is even a show where you'll be married to someone you don't know. That could actually happen in the reality show that I'm asking you to be a part of, Hyung. You and Ji Hyo noona will be seen as a virtual couple." answered Kwang Soo. He sighed once again. He heard Kwang Soo's voice in panic, and he knows he can't say no to his close friend. "Okay, I'll do that. You should do well in acting, okay?" he then asked.

Song Ji Hyo has been ringing a bell on his mind ever since Lee Kwang Soo mentioned her name. He remembers all the things that he did, so the woman would notice his existence, however, remembering how he's like before, he knows damn well that for her to notice him is totally impossible. He accepted Lee Kwang Soo's request not to get a revenge, but to see how the world of celebrities rotates. "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I wonder if you still remember me." he thought to himself until he was able to have fallen asleep again.

"What?" asked the pretty woman in front of him. "Are you taking a hiatus because of what you've found out of me?" asked the woman again. He shook his head. "No, not because of you. Not because I have learned that you've started to date Teddy, but because I have to go back to South Korea to have my business with someone done." he told Han Ye Seul, the woman, who has helped him forget Song Ji Hyo. He and Ye Seul have never been lovers. He knows that he's attracted to the woman's beautiful personality, but he knows that to have a commitment with the said woman is not his top priority. 

Ye Seul smiled at him when she heard his answer. She nodded at him as she with a smile, "Have you found the woman who has never returned your heart?" His surprised expression was totally priceless. "If she hasn't returned my heart, why did I even become attracted to you?" he then asked. Ye Seul brushed him off with her honest answer, "Your eyes were returned, and they appreciated how beautiful and kind am I, but your heart isn't here. We know for a fact that you've left your heart in South Korea." He ran out of speech and so Ye Seul tapped him, "I'll just tell the manager that you can't sing for quite some time."

"Thank you." he said as he looked at the woman with a pure heart. With her cat-like eyes, she smiled at him beautifully. Her phone rings and he knows who exactly is calling the woman. It's Teddy, a former member of 1TYM. Back when he was still addicted to Korean music, he has known the said man. Ye Seul nod at him a little before she turned her back around. He looked at the woman, who is also his partner in singing. "I wish you all the best Ye Seul-ah. I have to know whether my heart is really there... in South Korea." he told her from afar as he stepped out of the hotel room where the two of them were in.