The Journey

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are now back to their not-so-new house in Seoul. The married couple just purchased the house, where they can stay for a lifetime, months ago. After Ji Hyo's delivery, she took some time to rest in the hospital. And now that she's feeling better, she and her husband decided to invite the five men who have been very special for them. Ji Hyo smiled seeing at how loving Jong Kook is to their daughter. She can see how Jong Kook smiles at their baby whenever the baby looks at him.

Song Ji Hyo gave Kim Jong Kook a back hug to the man's pleasure. He feels so happy feeling the warm hug of his wife while feeling the softness of their child on his arms. Ji Hyo tiptoed a little so she can put her chin on Jong Kook's shoulder and take a glance of their daughter. She sweetly rubs her husband's waist as she whispers, "Thank you for giving her to me." Jong Kook moved his head to his side so he can see his wife. He kissed her on the lips as a response. He gave their daughter to her, and she happily accepted it. 

Kim Jong Kook stares at how loving his wife is. His ideal type is definitely the woman in front of her - a woman, who will be a good wife and a good mother. He couldn't ask for more. He feels like the happiest man in the world. His wife was surprised when he gave her a back hug just like what she did earlier. Ji Hyo smiled upon realizing it. "Yeobo, it might be tiring for you so take a seat." he then said as he assisted his wife to sit on the sofa. "Thank you, yeobo." she told him. Their doorbell rings, and they know the five men have arrived.

Song Ji Hyo nodded at Jong Kook when he said that he'll just open the door. A little minute later, Yoo Jae Suk, Ji Suk Jin, Ha Dong Hoon, Kang Gary, and Lee Kwang Soo made their way to their house for the first time. "Wow, hyung! Your place is very nice." blurted Kwang Soo. "Whoa! Song Ji Hyo, you did really well in marrying this man." commented Ha Ha. "I agree." butted Suk Jin. "Whoa! Kim Jong Kook, you're lucky to have a princess-like wife here." Gary uttered. All of them looked at Gary. Gary looked lost when they all stared at him so he asked in a funny way, "Why? Why? Why?" 

Kim Jong Kook smiled at how funny Gary is. He corrected him, "My daughter is my princess, and my wife is my queen." The men acted angry on him being cheesy to the point where Jae Suk mentioned, "You, being mushy, doesn't suit your muscular body." Kim Jong Kook then acted to be angry as he asked, "What did you say?" All of them laughed seeing how the two have improved their relationship. No one will ever think that there once was a time that Jae Suk had punched Jong Kook on his face because of his ill-fated relationship with Ji Hyo.

Song Ji Hyo coughed a little which made all the men looked at her direction. She's holding the cute baby girl, and the men were amused at how Ji Hyo and the baby seem so alike. Today is the day that Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo decided to tell the name of their baby's name. It's been almost a month, so the five men are all eager to know. Kim Jong Kook's eyes sparkle seeing his two girls. In this world, he knows there will always be three girls in his life - his mother, his wife, and his daughter.

"In this house, you are all welcome. Please do feel free to visit my husband and I as well as your goddaughter, Sung Im." the only woman in the house, Ji Hyo, said. "Sung Im? Whoa, what a pretty name. Noona, I think you and Sung Im are very similar to each other." Kwang Soo commented first. "Sung Im-ah, come to your most handsome godfather." said Jae Suk. "Eey--" reacted by all of the men. "You could have mentioned the richest godfather." joked Jong Kook to which Jae Suk answered back with a smile, "What did you say?"

"Ya! You two, stop it. I was originally close to you. Why do I feel like you are much closer to Jong Kook now?" Suk Jin then said cutely while looking at Jae Suk. "Hyung, are you jealous now?" asked Ha Ha. Laughter was heard all over the married couple's house, and they all stopped laughing at the same time when they heard a ring of a bell. "Why do I feel like we will chase each other with bells on our feet in the future?" asked Gary. "Hyung, that definitely won't happen." told Kwang Soo. "You're back!" Kwang Soo suddenly shouted as he saw a very familiar man. "Joong Ki-yah, it's been a while." he added excitedly.

Lee Kwang Soo ran towards Song Joong Ki's direction but Joong Ki playfully neglected him to approach his older sister and niece. "Noona, I miss you." he then said. "And whoa, my niece is so adorable. Whoa! So cute and charming." he then added. "I hope her skin will be like yours, Joong Ki-ah. Noona missed you, too." Ji Hyo then told her younger brother. "Hyung, it's been a while." greeted Joong Ki to Jong Kook with a hand shake. "It's so good to see you three being so happy and lovely. That is really what a family is." he then said which made all of them serious. 

Song Joong Ki, who was released from the military training weeks ago, looked at the seven people looking at him. "What's with those awkward stares?" he asked curiosly. Kwang Soo walked near to him and the tall man messed the handsome man's hair. "Ya!" Joong Ki shouted to which Kwang Soo received with a smile as he answered, "Joong Ki-yah, while you were gone, all the people who you are seeing now became much more like a family. All of us here might not be blood related, but knowing we all understand and love each other no matter how perfect or imperfect we are is a bond that is as strong as that bond of a real family." answered Kwang Soo making his best friend feel comfortable with the situation.

The people, who are older than the two youngest men, smiled proudly and happily. They feel so satisfied that all things ended in a good way. It was a long journey for all of them, and was even a tougher journey for Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo. The road that both of them took was so narrow that their minds and hearts have been crushed multiple times, yet when love put them back together, it feels like their hearts weren't even broken at all. Kim Jong Kook took a glance at his lovely wife, who is holding their daughter. 

"I thought that pain can melt away the love no matter how great love is, but I realized that the harder pain you get, the deeper love you feel. I realized back then that the feelings that I have for you aren't that ordinary. You're a special kind, I knew since then that you, " he whispered softly as he added, "were meant for me." He knows that his wife didn't hear what he just whispered but he feels like he's in heaven. Song Ji Hyo looked at him when he smiled without her knowing why. "You're mesmerized with me again, aren't you?" she then teased. Jong Kook ruffled her hair again as he sweetly answered, "Silly. I have always been." 

Six months after. 

"Joong Ki-ya, thank you. We'll get home as soon as we finish." told Ji Hyo to her brother as she handed Sung Im to him. Joong Ki smiled as he said, "Noona, So Eun will help me take care of her, don't worry." Ji Hyo was surprised to hear that Joong Ki is now dating. She smiled at him as she replied, "Tell her not to leave early. I have to know who is making my precious little brother happy nowadays better." "Ya, Noona, I'm no longer a child. I can even have my own child now if I want to." whined Joong Ki. "Ya! Don't you dare have a love child." she then said in a serious tone. "Yeobo, Joong Ki is just bluffing." Jong Kook then butted in laughing.

Kim Jong Kook held her hand tightly when she felt some nervousness. This is actually their first public appearance as a married couple in a variety show. Right now, they are just waiting to be called so they can get down from the car, and walk on the red carpet. The two of them will be part of the revived "Running Man" show which definitely be a different one. If in the past, the show was used to trick someone, this time around, it will just focus on the missions that the PDs, the writers, and the staffs will be giving. It's going to be an all out variety-reality show. The reason they accepted the show is now being shown on television.

Song Ji Hyo's nervousness disappeared when she saw the rest of the members of the newly-revived program. It's her other family members walking on the red carpet - Yoo Jae Suk, Ji Suk Jin, Ha Dong Hoon, Kang Gary, and Lee Kwang Soo. Fans screamed on top of their lungs upon seeing the familiar men. Jong Kook then looked at her as he signaled her, "It's our turn." She nodded with a smile so Kim Jong Kook slowly opened their car's door. Everyone cheered seeing the married couple back into the small screen after a long time. Song Ji Hyo clung her arm on Jong Kook's muscular arm. It didn't take them long to meet the five men.

"Let's all welcome the Running Man members!" announced by the popular emcee, Kang Ho Dong. He's hosting the said SBS Good Sunday show where Running Man is included. "Please introduce yourselves." requested by Ho Dong to which his friends Suk Jin and Jae Suk easily understood. "Hello, we are Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin, please anticipate our show." said the two older men. "Hello! My name is Ha Ha, and his name is Gary. We will also be a part of the show. See you all." "Hello! We are the SpartAce couple, Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo, I hope you'll support us and the show all the way." 

Kwang Soo then started to act his character as he made fun of the pairs. "Hyung, Noona, Yeorobun (everyone), please support me and let me not be alone. I love you all. Running Man, fighting!" he then said in a very perky tone. After all the fun and excitement on today's event, one of the photographers asked all of them to strike a similar pose. All of them looked at one another and it just took them a second to do the requested pose. All of them faced to the left side as they put their right fist on the air, and raised their left foot a little backward. They smiled brightly as they cheered altogether, "Running Man, fighting!"