The Task

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook wiped Song Ji Hyo's tears when the latter let go of her hug. "Are you okay?" he asked. Ji Hyo nodded at him as she answered, "Yes, I am." Jong Kook looked at the four men and smiled at them while saying, "I'll be marrying your Song Ji Hyo. I hope that we two can get all of your blessings." The four men, who are still in shock, gave Jong Kook a nod as an answer. They know that from this day onwards, things will be tough for them. And things will be very hard and complicated to Song Ji Hyo. 

"Jong Kook-ssi, can we have a little talk outside?" asked Gary. Jong Kook smiled at Gary as he said, "Of course." He looked at Ji Hyo as he signaled him to wait for a little while. Ji Hyo nodded her head as an answer. Jong Kook and Gary stepped out of the singing room, and when she's left alone with Jae Suk, Suk Jin, and Kwang Soo, she didn't hesitate to air her thoughts. "Oppa, I think I can't do this anymore. I didn't know that he's that man from before. Oppa, what shall I do? I really don't think I can continue with this anymore." she said crying.

She sat without her body touching the floor, and Kwang Soo helped her get up. "Noona, I'm sorry. I didn't know that Jong Kook was the guy you were longing for. If I have known, I could have picked a different friend to be victimized. I really didn't know, Noona. I'm sorry." said Kwang Soo in a very apologetic way. "Kwang Soo-yah, this is so bad, right?" she asked. Jae Suk couldn't take it anymore, so he helped Ji Hyo stand firmly. "Ji Hyo-ya, you shouldn't mix business with pleasure. You have to know that all of us are a part of this reality show for a long time already. I know how you feel, but crying like that is not the best deal." said Jae Suk.

Meanwhile, Gary and Jong Kook are now outside the room. "What is it that you want to talk about?" asked Jong Kook. Gary looked at him as he asked, "Are you happy?" Jong Kook smiled more when he answered Gary's question, "Very happy. I couldn't ask for more." Gary smiled at him as he offered his hand for a hand shake, "I didn't know that you were the one you had a history with her. I hope that whatever comes your way, you'll never give your love for her away." Jong Kook accepted Gary's hand as he replied, "I'll never leave her side." Gary nodded as added, "You really shouldn't. Because if you do, then I might fill in those shoes for you." 

"Ya! Lee Kwang Soo! Why didn't you know that Jong Kook was that man? I thought you guys were real friends? How come you didn't know that he was madly in love with Song Ji Hyo?" asked Suk Jin, who seemed to be very frustrated at what's happening. He knows that what Song Ji Hyo feels for Kim Jong Kook is real, but he also knows that right from the moment Lee Kwang Soo and Song Ji Hyo acted as past lovers in this reality show so Kim Jong Kook can enter in the house without him knowing everything was just an act, things will be hard to reveal.

Unknown to Kim Jong Kook, Yoo Jae Suk, Ji Suk Jin, Kang Gary, and Song Ji Hyo are members of the reality show "Running Man." The concept of this show is to let the people know see how celebrities interact with a person who is not a celebrity, and someone who is totally unaware of their show. The successful show has been running for two years already, and Ji Hyo has already accomplished a lot of missions. And because of this, she was assigned to complete harder missions. And that is to make someone fall in love with her in all means. And so, her mission is to have their show's title to be taken literally.

At first, when Ji Hyo complained that it sounds very mean, the PDs and staffs assured her that they will take care of the business once her mission ended. She was given three months to complete her task. She looked at the four men and made a reaction on her face. "I will not accept this. This is way too much." she said. "Ji Hyo-yah, you have us on your back. It will be easy. Just imagine how our family will be in one show doing it." said Suk Jin. "But Oppa, this is like playing with someone else's feelings." "That's actually the challenge." said one of the PDs. "Because you have been doing very well in this show, we want to challenge you."

Ji Hyo looked at her foster family, Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin. She has been with them ever since her famous father died. Jae Suk nodded to her as a response. "Take the challenge. After all, people who will be watching this know that you don't really mean to be mean." said Jae Suk. "I agree. Just think that this is another way of improving your acting skills. While you're waiting for your next drama projects, have your skills practiced here." added Suk Jin. She looked at Gary and Kwang Soo. Both men gave her a two thumbs up as a reply.

She sighed heavily as she agreed. "Alright. I'll just have this kind of mission thrice." she said giving her condition. "Can't you make it five, Ji Hyo-ssi?" asked one of the PDs. She shook her head as she answered, "Just three. Take it or leave it." she then said. She knows that it is improper for her to give a condition, but she can't help it. She knows doing the said mission once will be hard, what more if it's three times. She then signed the contract as she gave a sigh after. "I actually don't feel confident, Oppa." she said. "You can do it." cheered Jae Suk. 

Because of the men's cheer, she decided to just do her best. The PDs have given her her mission: 1. Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin will introduce the first man who will be put into their reality show, Gary will introduce the second man, and Lee Kwang Soo will introduce the last one. 2. The men, who will be introduced by her co-casts, should do the following things (hold her hand, hold her arm, give her a forehead kiss, a back hug, a kiss on the cheek/lips, and say "I love you") for her to have her mission considered as a success. 3. She will lose if she won't be able to get those, and if she obviously falls in love first before the men.

And so her mission started out well when Jae Suk and Suk Jin's friend's son was introduced to Ji Hyo. She started out well and was able to complete all the mission in a month. It was shocking to the man when he realized all was just a prank, but because he could understand the situation well, he left the house without bitterness. He was welcomed outside as a new celebrity and was tagged as the first "Running Man". It was after that that Gary's friend was introduced to Song Ji Hyo, however, unlike the first Running Man, Gary's friend fell madly in love with Ji Hyo that when he was tagged as the second running man, he left the show with embarrassment and anger. 

"See? I told you guys." she then said right after the man left them without saying a word. "I told you guys this is so mean. It's not good to play with someone's feelings." she then added. The chaotic moment that day made them have a super duper high ratings, howeer, they decided to stop filming like that because some viewers feel bad about the said running man. So "Running Man" went back to their usual regular missions. Months after, Gary's friend sent a video to them saying sorry and thank you for having him as a part of their show. 

The man on the video requested to have Song Ji Hyo back into her final mission for his wife is a big fan of her. And so all of the members decided to have the last final straw of Song Ji Hyo's misssion. Lee Kwang Soo, who only has same-aged friends, asked her to pretend as his girlfriend so that she can be paired with his friend, who is living in Australia and whose age is appropriate to her age. Ever since she agreed to do this kind of mission, her heart has never been in peace, but she knows that when this one is done, everything will be over. She nodded at Kwang Soo as a reply. 

Song Ji Hyo was able to compose herself when Jong Kook and Gary went back from being outside. She smiled at Jong Kook trying to act pretty strong ang mighty. She knows that she should act her part, but she really knows that she loves Kim Jong Kook with all her heart. She was surprised with Jong Kook as he kissed her on the lips surprisingly. "I just went out for a while to talk with Gary, but you don't know how much I have missed you." he told her in a sweet manner. "Although this one is so hard, I want you to know that I have always waited for you like this with all my heart." she replied while being fully aware that this kind of scene will have the rolling cameras have their own bliss as she leaned forward and scooped his face with a very strong yet soft and emotional kiss.