The Duet

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook looked at the diamond ring where Ji Hyo's eyes are on. Upon saying that he'll marry the woman in 38 days, Ji Hyo's eyes focused on the diamond ring. He smiled as he remembered how the said diamond ring ended up with him all this time. The avid fans of "Running Man" can actually tell that it was the diamond ring that he put on her ring finger back when he proposed to her at Seoul Land. It was when Song Ji Hyo went out on a private date with him, but the said proposal was seen reel due to the fact that they're just acting. 

Song Ji Hyo's eyes laid on the diamond ring that was placed by Jong Kook on her ring finger for the second time. The said diamond ring was removed by Kim Jong Kook when she gave him a back hug during their "Music and Lyrics" competition. And now, that the ring is back on her finger, it really means that Kim Jong Kook is already back in her life. She looked at her man, who was staring at her ring finger. Kim Jong Kook caught her looking at him, and so she smiled brightly as she mouthed the words, "I love you."

Han Ye Seul, who was standing near the center of the stage, took the chance to let the musical director play the song that she was supposed to sing with Kim Jong Kook. If people can remember, it was said that she and Jong Kook have to perform three songs tonight. The first two, "Like Being Hit By  A Bullet" and "I Miss You/Bogoshipda" were already finished, so it's now time for the last song to be played. Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were surprised to hear the background music, and they both understand that they should sing this together.

The title of the song is "More Today Than Yesterday." Kim Jong Kook started singing the first of the song that makes the crowd goes excited, "I do. Can you look at one person forever? (I do) Can I treasure you more than myself? (I do)." Song Ji Hyo held the microphone, and without a shame started singing the next part, "Can I answer anyone who asks? (I do). That you are my love." Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo upon seeing her looking at him when she sang the said part, so he sings the next part while looking in her eyes as well, "I won't promise that I won't waver from time to time."

Song Ji Hyo smiled sweetly as she continued her part, "I wouldn't have started if I know love was going to end before it started. I love you more today than yesterday. I have never someone so important and precious to me that it hurts - " The next part will be sung by them together so the crowd cheers as they started to sing, "In order for me to have met you and be happy. I've must have been through a lot of pain." Kim Jong Kook looked at Song Ji Hyo again upon singing his line, "I don't want to break up ever again." 

Kim Jong Kook looked at Song Ji Hyo, who was flustered with his gaze and lyrics. Good thing she was able to continue her line, "Unless it's breaking up just to meet you whenever and forever... oh." The squeals of the fans as well as the celebrities could be heard when the two have to pause for a while. Kim Jong Kook then looked at the crowd as he sings, "Because my bursting heart feels like it will explode. Because the person in front of me feels like a dream. I have to run and hug your breathing body. I'm a fool who has to let go of my worries."

Song Ji Hyo's heartbeat was racing so fast when Kim Jong Kook held her hand when they started to sing the last part of the song, "I love you more today than yesterday. I have never someone so important and precious to me that it hurts. In order for me to have met you and be happy. I've must have been through a lot of pain." A loud round of applause was given to them, and all of the spectactors could actually be seen so touched and moved by the couple's love song. Kim Jong Kook's tears fell when he squeezed Ji Hyo's hand and felt the ring. 

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you." sang by the audience as well as the celebrities, who ready themselves to be back to the stage to greet him a happy birthday. The celebrities that are here on his special today are actually 38 persons. They represent his new age right now. Yoo Jae Suk, as the national emcee of Soouth Korea, took the initiative to host the said important event. "Happy Birthday Kim Jong Kook-ssi." greeted Jae Suk with full of sincerity.

"Hyung -- " he called the national emcee as he hugged him tight. "I-I'm sorry." he uttered which didn't pass the audience. The audience reacted happily again upon hearing Jong Kook's apology, and upon seeing Jae Suk saying I'm sorry as well. Back then, Jae Suk hit Jong Kook's face due to some circumstances and people are so amazed that things are okay between the two now. "Hyung -- " Jong Kook called Suk Jin, who was watching him and Jae Suk reconciled. Jong Kook was so touched to see his parents, and was speechless when he saw Joong Ki.

The long night was over. The present celebrities earlier received his and Song Ji Hyo's warm appreciation for giving them such a memorable event. The only ones left now are the people who are so close to Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook. All have decided to go where Kim Jong Kook's house is, and everyone left the stadium with smile on their faces. Han Ye Seul decided not to join them for she has to attend her boyfriend's needs as well as the YG celebrities. All of them understands her, so it was no big deal for the couple. 

They have reached Kim Jong Kook's place now, and all have sat down to the chair in the dining room. Kim Yoon Seok sat at the center, Kim Hye Ok sat next to him, Kim Jong Kook, who's at the opposite direction of his mom, sat beside Song Ji Hyo, Song Joong Ki is beside his older sister, and Lee Kwang Soo is beside him. Ha Ha is next to Jong Kook's mother, and Gary sat next to him. Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin are sitting in front of Lee Kwang Soo. She starts to get her eyes watery as she remembers how everything in her life changed because of the said tragedy when her soon to be father-in-law, who's the best friend of her late father, told her, "It's like a dream come true for me to see my son sitting next to you."