The Home

Don't Be Good To Me

Kim Jong Kook checked the message that was sent to him by Kwang Soo on his mobile phone. The message was Song Ji Hyo's address, the place where he will be staying for a couple of days. Just last night, he readied himself with the answers to the possible questions that Ji Hyo's foster family and best friend can ask. He feels confident that he can do his job as a wrecker of Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo's relationship. He knows this is not something that he can be proud of as an individual, but he's letting it pass for his close friend and for himself - so he can move on. 

In the dining area, Song Ji Hyo was sipping her coffee when she heard a loud ring of the bell. She looked at Suk Jin, who was reading newspapers, with a curious look. Jae Suk, who was reading a book, looked at her as he cheerfully said, "Ji Hyo-ya, I think your boyfriend is already here." "Are you sure that it's him?" Suk Jin asked. Jae Suk nodded as he answered, "I can feel it with my instinct." "But it's too early for him to be here." commented Suk Jin. Jae Suk smiled at them as he replied, "I bet he's so in to our Song Ji Hyo, and that's a very good thing, Hyung."

Before she could hear Suk Jin's reply, she made her way out to meet Kim Jong Kook. When Jae Suk feels something, she knows it's right. Jae Suk has always been sharp and attentive. And she knows that she needs to be extra careful with him. She opened the door for Jong Kook, and she was surprised to see him smiling at her. "You can just do that later." she told the man whom she knows was just pretending. "Ya! I wasn't acting at all. That was a sincere smile." complained Jong Kook. She looked at him, smiled as she said, "That wasn't sincere of mine to do."

Kim Jong Kook smiled again when she turned around to show them the way to their house. "This house is pretty big for the three of you." he commented while following Ji Hyo's path. "We are actually four here in the house." said Ji Hyo as she turned around to talk to him. "Four?" he asked curiously. She nodded as she said, "Gary oppa also lives here." His eyes grew wide as he heard what the latter revealed. "Aren't you two best of friends? How come he's living here with a woman like you?" he asked in confusion. "Because we are best of friends." she told Jong Kook making use of his question to him as her answer. Jong Kook smiled once again when she turned around again.

"You two look very happy." said Suk Jin when the two of them have stepped inside the house. "It's my first time seeing Ji Hyo smile like that while entering the house." he added to Ji Hyo's astonishment. "She was smiling?" asked Jong Kook with a smile, trying to confirm what he heard from the oldest man in the house. "Yes, she was. Why? Shouldn't she be smiling?" said Suk Jin as he asked the question. Kim Jong Kook shook his head as he answered, "I was just trying to confirm it because hearing that kind of thing makes me happy." 

"You shouldn't be that happy. For you should be happier as time goes by." butted Jae Suk in. "I'm really glad that you have accepted our offer for you to stay here in our house. It is the only way that we can assure ourselves that Song Ji Hyo will be wed to a decent man." told Jae Suk in a brotherly way. "As you know Ji Hyo and her brother have been with us since they were young, and we treasure them like our own children." added Jae Suk to the focused Jong Kook. "Have a seat. Do you like coffee, tea, or me?" kidded Ji Hyo to the surprise of the three men.

"Ouch!" she said as her head was pricked by Suk Jin. "You woman. You shouldn't be that agressive." scolded Suk Jin. "Hyung, can't you tell that Ji Hyo was just joking? You're embarrassing her in front of Jong Kook-ssi." told Jae Suk with a smile on his face. Kim Jong Kook smiled at how he sees the relationship of the three are. "You can call me informally, h-h-hyung." he said as he stuttered on how he could call the national emcee. "You can call me informally, too. Don't be so worried about it. Just call me Jae Suk hyung." said the approachable Jae Suk.

An hour have passed, so Jae Suk and Suk Jin have excused themselves before Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. "I'm sorry, Jong Kook-ssi. We always have a badminton game in the morning on weekends, so it would be hard to entertain you at this time. We'll get back as soon as we finish. Take your time with Ji Hyo first. Ji Hyo-ya, be good to our visitor, okay? Tour him around, and make him comfortable. We'll get going then." said Jae Suk as the four of them bowed at each other at the same time. When Jae Suk and Suk Jin left, both of them sighed heavily. 

Song Ji Hyo sat down on a couch, and she instructed Jong Kook to sit down in front of her. They are now facing each other, and she tried to break the silence by asking one question, "Why are you doing this?" Jong Kook looked at her as he answered with a question, "Can I be honest with you?" She nodded at him, so he smiled at her and replied, "I have two reasons why I am doing this - One, so I can help my friend. Two, so my heart would mend." She smiled bitterly upon hearing his honest answer. 

"Helping your friend? By agreeing to this kind of pretense?" she asked. Jong Kook nodded at her as a response. "Ji Hyo-ssi, I am not a good person. But, I am not a bad person, too. That's why I am being nice to you." he told her. She forced a smile when she heard him spoke the words as she asked, "Should I be grateful because your friend has chosen to betray his girlfriend of six months just because he couldn't accept the possible humiliations of a noona-dongsaeng relationship? And that you're here acting lovey-dovey with me?"

Kim Jong Kook gave her a warm smile as he said, "Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows." She was blank when she heard the familiar quote. "I hope there won't come a time that I will be returning those words to you." she told him after. "If it happens, it can't be helped. That's how life goes." he then told her with a smile. She smiled back as she confidently said "Then make sure that you'll stop this pretense as soon as your feeling for me grows." while offering her hand to the muscular man for a hand shake.