The Agreement

Don't Be Good To Me

It didn't take him a long time to be at Song Ji Hyo's foster family's fake house. When Lee Kwang Soo sent him the fake address of the Running Man members, he quickly looked for a cab, so he can be taken to that place. He rang the doorbell, and was surprised to see Song Ji Hyo running towards her way. His heart races real fast upon seeing how bright and beutiful the woman is. He didn't know why his lips automatically formed a curve to give her a smile, but he was taken aback when the woman told her, "You can just do that later." 

Due to his surprise, he blurted out, "Ya! I wasn't acting at all. That was a sincere smile." Because of his complaint, she looked at him, smiled as she said, "That wasn't sincere of mine to do." He smiled when she turned her back on him. He slapped his face a little, so that he won't be so imaginative about things. He wandered his gaze around the big house, and was pretty impressed with how big and beautiful it is. He aired his comments about the said house, and when Ji Hyo told him that there's actually four of them in the house, he felt a bit worried.

"Four?" he asked curiously. She nodded as she said, "Gary oppa also lives here." His eyes grew wide as he heard what the latter revealed. "Aren't you two best of friends? How come he's living here with a woman like you?" he asked in confusion. "Because we are best of friends." she told Jong Kook making use of his question to him as her answer. Jong Kook smiled once again when she turned around again. "You sure know how to play this game well." he commented to himself while following Ji Hyo's steps. When the both of them have stepped in the house, Suk Jin had his act done by telling them how happy Ji Hyo and him look.

"It's my first time seeing Ji Hyo smile like that while entering the house." Suk Jin added to Ji Hyo's astonishment. "She was smiling?" he asked  with a smile, trying to confirm what he heard from the oldest man in the house. "Yes, she was. Why? Shouldn't she be smiling?" said Suk Jin as he asked the question. Kim Jong Kook shook his head as he answered, "I was just trying to confirm it because hearing that kind of thing makes me happy." He then talked to himself again by saying, "I wonder how beautiful you were when you had that smile earlier." 

The mood in the house totally made him forget that all of this is just a show. He loves to see how cute and warm the said family is. When Ji Hyo asked him, "Do you like coffee, tea, or me?", he was totally blushing, but thanks to Ji Suk Jin, who pricked the woman's head, he didn't get obvious. "Hyung, can't you tell that Ji Hyo was just joking? You're embarrassing her in front of Jong Kook-ssi." told Jae Suk with a smile on his face. He smiled voluntarily when he sees them have the same warm interaction towards one another. 

After an hour, Jong Kook felt something weird when Jae Suk and Suk Jin excused themselves. They said that they were off to play badminton, but he knows that they will just be staying in a secret room somewhere in the said house. Ji Hyo and him are now left alone. Ji Hyo asked, "Why are you doing this?" to which he replied with,  "Can I be honest with you?" She nodded at him, so he smiled at her and replied, "I have two reasons why I am doing this - One, so I can help my friend. Two, so my heart would mend." She smiled bitterly upon hearing his honest answer. "I guess Ye Seul is right, perhaps, my heart is still here in South Korea." spoke his mind.

"Helping your friend? By agreeing to this kind of pretense?" she asked. Jong Kook nodded at her as a response. "Ji Hyo-ssi, I am not a good person. But, I am not a bad person, too. That's why I am being nice to you." he told her. She forced a smile when she heard him spoke the words as she asked, "Should I be grateful because your friend has chosen to betray his girlfriend of six months just because he couldn't accept the possible humiliations of a noona-dongsaeng relationship? And that you're here acting lovey-dovey with me?"

Kim Jong Kook, who knows that what she just said was definitely scripted, gave her a warm smile as he said, "Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows." She was blank when she heard the familiar quote. "I hope there won't come a time that I will be returning those words to you." she told him after. "If it happens, it can't be helped. That's how life goes." he then told her with a smile. She smiled back as she confidently said "Then make sure that you'll stop this pretense as soon as your feeling for me grows." while offering her hand to the muscular man for a hand shake. 

He froze upon hearing Ji Hyo's words. She just said when his feelings for her grows, he has to stop. How ironic it is for him since he just received an additional mission from the PDs earlier , and that is to break up with the woman if he really has fallen in love with her completely. He wanted to ask why, but he knows he has sign a contract. He can just smile with the irony of what's happening. So in time, if he indeed has fallen in love, if indeed he has find his way back to love with Song Ji Hyo, he has to let go. Just because the contract, that he has signed, said so.