The Rock

Don't Be Good To Me

Song Ji Hyo smiled so lovingly upon seeing Kim Jong Kook's continuous nod as an answer to her question. Her heart was racing so fast when she asked in front of the public whether Kim Jong Kook will marry her. She knows that it is too risky setting up a surprised birthday proposal like this, however, she has decided that she'll never let go of such an important event like this. It didn't occur to her that she just actually made history as the first ever female celebrity in South Korea who proposed to a man in a place where thousands of fans are watching. 

The celebrities, who are witnessing the live birthday proposal of Song Ji Hyo to Kim Jong Kook, squeal in delight. The fan chants are making the live birthday proposal even more memorable. When the person-in-charge of the lightings saw Ji Hyo and Jong Kook locking their eyes, he automatically turned the lights off. This is actually a sign for the celebrities on stage to make a quick exit. The spotlight is now on Ji Hyo, who is making her way closer to where Jong Kook is standing. Ji Hyo has her lapel on, so it's not hard for her to be audible.

She looked at Jong Kook with her usual bright smile as she courageously started singing the English song "I Know" by Toni Damli, "I'll try harder, more than ever before. Slowly, I've started to trust my heart so much more. Now I know that I'm wiser, I've learned a lot from this game. Clearly, I see that all we have been through has just made us stronger. I know, I know, it will turn out just fine. Standing by you is a promise I'll keep, and I know, I know we will stumble and fall. Problems are good, in the end they feel so small.

"Broken hearted made it all feel untrue. Lies detected, made such a distance to you. And I know that all over, yeah, we've learned a lot from that change. Clearly, I see that all of these things been have just made us stronger. I know, I know, it will turn out just fine. Standing by you is a promise I'll keep, and I know, I know we will stumble and fall. Problems are good, in the end they feel so small." she felt nervous as the crucial part of the song is coming, but looking at Kim Jong Kook looking at her, she knows that she doesn't care if she falls out of tune as long as her heart and Jong Kook's heart are in tune.

"And I never wanna see us like that again, and I never want to just be a friend. I can't go on all alone, it's wrong, simply wrong. Keep holding on.   I know, I know, it will turn out just fine. Standing by you is a promise I'll keep, and I know, I know we will stumble and fall. Problems are good, in the end they feel so small.  I know, I know, everything will turn out just fine. Standing by you is a promise I'll keep, and I know, everything will turn out just fine. Problems are good, in the end they feel so small." she ended the song with a big round of applause coming by the touched audience of the famous stadium.

Kim Jong Kook asked some staffs to put him down a little. He signaled that he wanted to stand next to Ji Hyo, and with that gesture, the fans went squealing again. Unknown to them, even the famous celebrities and members of their families, are also enjoying the said live show. Song Ji Hyo's heart is racing real fast that she doesn't know her tears are falling freely from her eyes already. When Jong Kook was able to stand on the same ground on stage with her, he quickly wiped her tears with his thumb. "Don't cry. Seeing you cry makes me want to cry, too." He smiled sweetly at Song Ji Hyo, and gave her a light yet heartfelt kiss on her forehead. 

"Oh my God! I'm so envious. I want to experience that, too." Park Bom of the girl group, 2NE1, commented at the backstage. "Bom-ah, what should we do? We should find a boyfriend very soon." added Sandara Park, another member of 2NE1. "Ya! You two unnis, don't mumble something that we all can hear." reminded CL, the leader of the said group. Both Bom and Dara were embarrassed upon realizing that the rest of the celebrities indeed heard their comments earlier. "I can't believe that you two beautiful ladies don't have someone special yet." teased Seungri, their labelmate - the youngest member of the boy group, Big Bang.

All the celebrities put their focus on the screen as Jong Kook prepared himself to sing. "Is he going to sing an acapella?" asked Lee Kwang Soo as he notes the gesture of his close friend. "I didn't expect that a thing like this will happen in my life. You just made my night, and my birthday so marvelous. This night will definitely be the most unforgettable moment of my life." said Kim Jong Kook while staring straightly at Song Ji Hyo's watery eyes. "I wish this English song can actually tell you guys even a little of how much I really feel for this woman beside me. I haven't told her this one yet, but she's everything to me. " he then added as he talked with the present 5,080 spectators, who swooned upon his admission.

"I wish I could be like him." said Daesung, another member of Big Bang, who was totally enjoying what he's seeing. "You and Kim Jong Kook-ssi do look a like though." kidded Taeyang. "I wonder when T.O.P hyung can be like that, too." teased G-Dragon, the boy group's leader. "Ya! You should stop teasing me while I'm being nice to you. You don't know how sorry you'll be if I start teasing you." warned TOP with a smile. "Be like this to her, too." advised Jay Park, a former member of 2PM, as he pouted his lips towards Dara Park's direction. "Ya!" embarrassed Choi Seunghyun a.k.a T.O.P called all the boys' attention.

"I wasn't perfect. I've done a lot of stupid things. Still no angel. I wasn't looking for forgiveness. Wasn't laid out by my pride. Shocked by her attention, and someone signed me up for love. I didn't want it, and now I can't live without it. She changed my life, she cleaned me up, she found my heart, like only a woman can. She pulls me up when she knows I'm sad. She knows her man like only a woman can. She's kinda perfect, she's got everything I'm not. She's an angel, and it's amazing how she's patient even more at times I'm not. 

She's my conscience. And who decided I'd be hers, I want to hate them. Because now I can't live without her. She changed my life, she cleaned me up, she found my heart, like only a woman can. She pulls me up when she knows I'm sad. She knows her man like only a woman can. Like only a woman can.  And who decided I'd be hers, I want to hate them. Because now I can't live without her. She changed my life, she cleaned me up, she found my heart, like only a woman can. She pulls me up when she knows I'm sad. She knows her man like only a woman can. Like only a woman can. Like only a woman can. Like only a woman can."

Kim Jong Kook looked at Song Ji Hyo after he sang the song "Like Only A Woman Can". He can see her tears of happiness, and it makes his heart melt. He held the woman's hand, and walked a bit forward towards the audience. All people are anticipating what the two people are going to say after the said unexpected, unbelievable, and unforgettable birthday proposal of Song Ji Hyo to Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook let go of Ji Hyo's hand for a while as he gave the viewers a deep bow before he uttered words that melt all the viewers' hearts.

"On my special day and on this stage, I want you all to know I'll be married to that woman I was pertaining to in that song. That woman who made me think that a dose of bitterness is never a medicine to a brokenheart, and that love is indeed happier the second time around. I have never seen such a woman who can actually make me feel all the emotions in the world. But at the end of the day, just what she said, when it comes to her, there's no other emotions, just love. I want you all to know that I'm really in love with that woman. That woman who goes by the name of Song Ji Hyo."  

Kim Jong Kook looked at Song Ji Hyo as he let more of  his feelings out, "I have always wanted to see you watching from the audience, so that I can propose to you like this. But what you did was beyond my wonder. You really rock my heart." Song Ji Hyo was about to say something, but he's scared that she might surprised him first again, so he decided to hush her by saying, "There's this quote that says, "Love is a rock. It is bold and deep. It is complicated and it is simple. It can be strong and it can be weak. It is everything and it is nothing.It can be destructive and it can be peaceful. It is ugly and it is beautiful. It is the biggest oxymoron that ever existed - -" he stopped halfway as he put something out from his pocket.

"I always have this in my pocket. In case I bump into you in the audience, and now that you're here with me in front of them, I want you to know that this is my rock for you." he said as he opened the small mini box with a very solid diamond ring that could actually be seen very well from the LCD screen even from afar to the surprise of Song Ji Hyo and the rest. Kim Jong Kook put the ring out of the box and placed it on her ring finger as he sweetly said, "I'll definitely be your husband, and I'll definitely marry you. So, let's get married --" She was about to say something but he surprised her by adding the date of their wedding, " - in 38 days."