The Contest

Don't Be Good To Me

"Oppa..." called Ji Hyo to Gary. Jong Kook looked at her upon hearing her voice. Jong Kook quickly stood up to greet her, but she headed towards Gary right away. "Gary oppa, you're drunk. You shouldn't drink too much alcohol if you don't know how to handle it." she said in a straight tone. She felt something was strange while she was in her room, and she was right. Gary and Jong Kook were talking about things, and knowing Gary's habit whenever he gets drunk, she decided to cut their conversation before Jong Kook learns the truth. 

"I thought you were asleep, Ji Hyo-yah." said Jong Kook. She looked at Jong Kook and smiled as she replied, "I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take some drinks. I didn't know that you two were here." Jong Kook took some drinks from the refrigerator and offered some to her. "I didn't know Gary-ssi was here, too. I was surprised that he was drinking a lot." he said. "Do you have any ideas why Gary told me that I am a very big problem?" Jong Kook asked her. She was blank at the moment, but was able to react back to normal. "Don't mind Gary oppa. It's just his habit whenever he gets drunk. I don't know why he drank too much alcohol."

"Is that so?" asked Jong Kook. Ji Hyo nodded at him with a smile. "Can you please help me up? Let's bring him back to his room. If Jae Suk oppa and Suk Jin oppa see him like this again, they will reprimand him." she then asked for a favor. Jong Kook smiled and answered, "Of course. I'll never say no to you." Ji Hyo was surprised when the muscular man winked at her cutely. She knows that one of these days, things will turn into a dream. That's why she has decided that she'll just enjoy the moment while everything is okay between them. 

Jong Kook gave Gary a piggyback. "Are you okay?" she then asked. "Yes, he isn't as heavy as what I thought he was." he answered. Just before they could place Gary in his room, Jae Suk went out of the room and witnessed the three. "What happened?" asked Jae Suk to the couple's surprise. "He passed out." Jong Kook answered. Jae Suk looked at Ji Hyo, and Ji Hyo gave Jae Suk a look that the national emcee could easily understand. Jae Suk slapped his forehead with his palm as he said with a sigh, "Hurry, and put him on the bed." 

Jae Suk waited for the couple outside Gary's room, and when they went out, he asked them to talk with him for a while. "Is there something wrong, Oppa?" asked Ji Hyo. Jae Suk shook his head as he answered, "I was supposed to say this to you guys later in the morning, but since you two are still awake, I want you to know that I have registered you both in a show." Ji Hyo was surprised with what Jae Suk said. She's afraid that Jae Suk will reveal that Jong Kook is just in a reality show with them. "It's Music and Lyrics, Ji Hyo-ya." said Jae Suk to comfort her. She sighed as a relief. 

"Music and Lyrics?" confused Jong Kook asked. In reality, "Music and Lyrics" is a part of "Running Man"'s segment, but this time it will be more special because it is a new mission for them to accomplish. Since people have witnessed how good Jong Kook is in singing, they have asked the members to let Jong Kook sing a song again while having Ji Hyo as the one who will be composing the songs. And so the rest of the members agreed to what the viewers have requested. Ji Hyo looked at Jae Suk with worry, but Jae Suk knows that there is nothing to be worried about. 

"Ji Hyo will be composing songs?" asked Jong Kook as he looked at Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo smiled at him brightly as she asked, "Why? Don't you think I can't make a song for you?" Jong Kook laughed with his eyes seemed to be closing. "I didn't say you can't. I'm actually amazed that you'll be writing one." he replied with full honesty. "Ya!" reacted Ji Hyo. Jae Suk couldn't help but smile when he saw how the two bicker. "You two are very lovable." commented Jae Suk. Ji Hyo then smiled at the national emcee as she said, "Of course, Oppa. Jong Kook oppa and I belong with each other." Then she looked back at Jong Kook as she uttered with a very soft voice, "I wish we could remain this way forever."

"That's the only thing that I want to say. That show will start next week, so I hope you two can come up with a very good song." said Jae Suk who then stood up from where he's sitting. "Jae Suk hyung..." called Jong Kook. "Why did you choose the two of us?" asked Jong Kook. Jae Suk looked at Jong Kook so he can give an answer but Jong Kook added, "My relationship with Song Ji Hyo might be revealed to the public. I don't want her to be in a much complicated situation because of me. I wonder why you have chosen us to do this." 

Yoo Jae Suk smiled at the man's honesty. "Because I want your relationship to be recognized by the public. I want the whole world to know just how lovable you two are." said Jae Suk. Song Ji Hyo can't tell whether Jae Suk is just acting or whether he really means his words to Jong Kook. Jong Kook was very touched with his answer as he replied, "Hyung, you don't know how blessed I am feeling right now that I heard those words from you. Thank you." Jae Suk looked at her, and she knows that the national emcee was touched with Jong Kook's words as she heard him reply to him sincerely, "I hope that there will never be hatred in your heart." 

Kim Jong Kook smiled at Yoo Jae Suk upon hearing the older man's kind words. He then looked at Ji Hyo, who smiled at him back looking very pleased. "Jae Suk oppa, Jong Kook oppa and I will go out on a date tomorrow. I hope you don't mind if we both take the time just with each other tomorrow." he heard her saying that made Jae Suk stopped walking. Jae Suk looked at Ji Hyo and at him. Jae Suk looked back at Ji Hyo with a little smile as he answered, "If it will make you happy, then for you guys to date alone tomorrow, you guys are free." 

Song Ji Hyo smiled at her father-like co-member as she gave him her gratitude. Jae Suk then made his way out, so the couple are now left alone. "You really wanted to date me, huh?" said the obviously happy Kim Jong Kook. She smiled at his man as she replied with a smile, "What can I do? I am so intoxicated by you." Jong Kook let his hand out and asked for her hand. Her palm touched his palm, and the muscular man rubbed her hand softly and gently. She wanted to cry because the scene for her is so bittersweet. She looked at the man lovingly as she uttered, "Oppa, in our own time tomorrow, let's date as if there'll be no tomorrow."