The Stranger

Don't Be Good To Me

Song Ji Hyo waved her hand to her boyfriend of six months. She couldn't believe that a day like this will come into her life. She smiled happily at the man that she has never thought to be with. She didn't know how everything else started, but she was grateful that her man decided to pursue their relationship. Her boyfriend of six months is actually few years younger than her. His name is Lee Kwang Soo, and he's now on his way to where she's sitting. "Hi! I'm so glad you came." she told Kwang Soo, who looks restless. 

Lee Kwang Soo smiled at her when she greeted him. She can tell something is a bit off, but she tried to be cool by saying, "Ya! You shouldn't back out. It's now time for you to meet my family." Kwang Soo tried to smile at her again when he heard her words. "When will they come?" he asked her. "I think in a few minutes." she answered. Kwang Soo looked at his watch when she answered his question. "Do you have an appointment?" she asked the younger man. Kwang Soo shook his head as he answered with a smile, "None, of course."

Song Ji Hyo smiled brightly when she looked at her younger man. People might find it weird, but she doesn't care about what those people might think. What's important to her now is that Lee Kwang Soo is hers. "I have never thought that we could be a couple. This is so insane. But I like it. This kind of challenge in a relationship is so good to be true. And I am very much happy to have this go through with you." she told the flustered young man. "Aren't you scared of what they might think of you?" he asked her to which she replied with a no.

The two of them had a talk over coffee until both have decided to go the the place where her foster family is waiting. Her real parents died while she was working out of town, leaving her and her younger brother, Joong Ki, orphans. Her foster family took really good care of her when she was about to lose her sanity. Lee Kwang Soo is actually her younger brother's best friend, and it is one of the hardest things for her to overcome for she knows Joong Ki will be very surprised. Her younger brother is now in the military service, and will be around back to the outside world in less than a year. 

It didn't take them a long time to reach where they were headed to. From afar, she could see the members of her foster family, and she could also see her best friend. Her best friend, Kang Gary, waved at her when their eyes met, and she smiled and waved back. Lee Kwang Soo was behind her, and when she tried to hold his hand for her to introduce him, someone from behind pulled her hand and let her turn around. She was surprised when a stranger suddenly now appeared in front of her. In addition to her surprise, the stranger kissed her in public.

Her eyes grew more wide due to astonishment. She was about to slap the man when a voice from behind was heard asking, "Ji Hyo-yah, why did you two kiss in public?" She turned around to see the owner of the familiar voice blankly. "I-I -I -- " she wanted to say something, but she is still in shock. She looked at Kwang Soo, and she can see the annoyed reaction on his face. "Is he your man? Whoa! He's so masculine." said Jae Suk, the owner of the voice. Jae Suk looked at the man from head to toe as he offered his hand for a hand shake. 

"Nice to meet you." said Jae Suk. "Let's go over there, so you can meet more of our family members." said the ever approachable Yoo Jae Suk. "Oh, Kwang Soo, what are you doing there? You should come inside, too." said Jae Suk to her real man. "Yes, hyung." said Kwang Soo. Song Ji Hyo has never felt any nervousness like this. She's in front of her foster family - Yoo Jae Suk, South Korea's national emcee. Ji Suk Jin, former host of a quiz show. Kang Gary, her bestfriend, and one of the members of the "Leessang" duo. 

"How did you know Song Ji Hyo?" Suk Jin asked the stranger. Ji Hyo sighed heavily before she prepared herself to speak the truth, but before she could even utter  a word, the muscular man, spoke before her, "I've known her through Kwang Soo." Ji Hyo looked at Kwang Soo with questions in her eyes as she heard the stranger's reply. "How did you two know each other?" asked Jae Suk. "I was his senior in the military service." answered the man. "Oh, I see. You must have enlisted the military service late." commented Gary.

"No, I think Kwang Soo just enlisted too early." he said while he flashed a smile. Song Ji Hyo didn't realize that Gary has his eyes fixed on her when she stared at the muscular man's face for a minute. Jae Suk and Suk Jin saw Gary's straight look, so both of them stared at Ji Hyo's. Ji Hyo's peripheral vision saw them looking at her now, so she looked at them with a fake smile. "Why?" she then asked. "Why are you not introducing your boyfriend to us yet?" asked Suk Jin. She bit her lower lip when she was reminded of why they are all here today.

"Actually my boyfriend is... " she stopped before she could say it is Kwang Soo. The reason why she stopped her introduction was due to the muscular man's sudden gesture. He stood up from sitting, and he bowed deeply as he said, "It's such a pleasure to meet all of you. Please let me introduce myself to you as Song Ji Hyo's boyfriend. My name is Kim Jong Kook." The members of her family, her best friend, and her boyfriend, including her, were surprised  to hear what he just said. She was about to stand up, but Kwang Soo stopped her from behind. And she was more surprised when her real boyfriend commented, "You two look good together."