New Family Member

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Miryung let out a small groan as she pinched her brows together. Her lower abdomen was in pain and her head was pounding so that wasn’t helping her.

She let out another small groan as she slowly peeled open her eyes. Her vision was blurry at first, but it slowly cleared up. She saw a white ceiling and wondered where she was at because the last thing she remembered was that she was kidnapped by Matt, who was her stalker.

“Miryung?” Jaehee’s voice rang softly.

Miryung turned her head to see Jaehee standing there with teary eyes.

“Miryung.” Jaehee choked back her sob.

The ends of Miryung’s lips curved upwards into a small smile, “What’s wrong?”

Jaehee burst into tears and ran over to Miryung. Her head rested on Miryung’s chest as she cried.

Miryung softened, “I’m okay Jaehee.”

Jaehee sniffed and pulled back, “God, you scared me to death Miryung.”

“Sorry.” She apologized then she remembered that her husband had found her when she was kidnapped. “Where’s Jun?”

Jaehee sniffed and wiped her tears, “Confined to his bed.”

Miryung’s eyes widened, “What?! Did something happen to Jun?”

Jaehee swallowed and Miryung’s hair, “You should rest, Miryung.”

Miryung shook her head stubbornly as she tried to sit up.

Jaehee heaved a sigh and pushed her back down onto her bed, “You can see Jun later, Miryung. You need to take care of yourself first. Did you forget that you’re pregnant?”

Miryung bite her lip as she brought a hand to her flat abdomen, “The baby’s safe?”

“You were lucky, Miryung. The doctor said that if something like that was to ever happen to most women they’d lose their baby because it would have been too stressful for them. However, you were lucky that nothing happened to the baby even with all that stress.”

Miryung heaved a sigh in relief. She didn’t know what she would have done if something happened to her baby because Jun was already injured.

“You should rest now. It’d be good for you, Jun, and the baby.” Jaehee rubbed Miryung’s arm.

Miryung nodded as she made herself comfortable on the hospital bed.

 

 

 

 

 

Kangjun pinched his brows together as he tried to move but pain greeted him. He let out a small groan.

The pain slowly subsided as he peeled his eyes open. He blinked to clear his vision to only see that he was in an unfamiliar room.

“Jun?” Miryung softly called.

Kangjun felt his heart beginning to race. That always happened when she called out his name.

“Jun, are you awake?” Miryung asked as she leaned over to get a better look at him.

Kangjun turned to look at his wife, who looked like she was radiating. He smiled softly, “Miryung.”

Miryung smiled as she placed a hand on his cheek and caressed it, “How are you feeling?”

“Horrible.”  He replied.

Miryung frowned, “Of course you do. How could you get hurt? You have two broken ribs and bruises. Way to go.”

“Hey, you can’t blame me for it. I’ve never been in a physical fight with anyone in my life before.”

“But still, you could have at least fought or defended yourself.”

“Well I’m sorry but when you’re kicked in the stomach all of the air in your lungs are ripped out of you and you can’t breathe.”

Miryung immediately felt guilty for being a little harsh on him, “I’m sorry.”

Kangjun softened, “No, I’m sorry.”

Miryung smiled softly as she brushed Kangjun’s bangs out of his eyes, “It hurts me seeing you confined to the bed.”

Kangjun chuckled softly, “I’m fine. I’m more worried about you and the baby. Shouldn’t you be resting?”

“I was resting but because it was so boring I decided to come and visit you. I was worried sick about you, you know.”

“I know. I can see it in your eyes.”

Miryung rolled her eyes with a smile on her face, “Whatever.”

Kangjun grinned, “So when were you planning on telling me that you were pregnant, huh?”

Miryung blinked at Kangjun before looking away with flushed cheeks.

Kangjun saw with and placed his hand on top of Miryung’s hand that was still on his cheek, “I would have never guessed that we conceived.”

“That’s because you didn’t use protection.” Miryung argued.

“Well it’s too late now to complain about not using protection. Mom is definitely going to be thrilled about the news and I can’t wait to meet our baby. Do you think the baby is going to be a boy or girl?”

“I want a girl that way I can dress her up cutely.”

“No, I want a boy so that we can play games together.”

“That’s so you, Jun.” Miryung snickered.

Kangjun smirked, “Of course. I am very childish.”

“Well if we do have a boy then I hope he has your looks and hair but not personality. I don’t think I can deal with my son being a ‘player’.”

Hearing that made Kangjun laugh, “We’ll just have to see about that. However if we have a daughter then I hope that she looks like you because you’re just so beautiful but let’s hope she isn’t cold and mean like you, okay?”

Miryung let out a laugh as she shook her head, “Stupid.”

“I’m not stupid. I’m just stating a fact. You need to appreciate me, Miryung.”

Miryung softened as she rested her forehead against Kangjun’s forehead, “I do. Thank you for protecting me and the baby. You truly are the best father and husband ever.” She pressed her lips against her husband’s lips.

Kangjun closed his eyes and kissed his wife back. He was content to how things were at the moment.

 

 

 

 

 

9 months later…

“Miryung!” Kangjun stormed into Miryung’s office.

Miryung looked up at her husband, “J-Jun.”

Kangjun frowned as he walked over to Miryung’s desk, “What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay home.”

Miryung heaved a sigh, “Jaehee called you, didn’t she?”

Kangjun walked over to Miryung and helped her onto her feet. He placed his hand on his wife’s round stomach, “Aren’t you scared that Naeun might come any time now?”

Miryung giggled, “Well I know that you’d be there so I’m not scared.”

Kangjun chuckled and tweaked his wife’s nose, “Why must you be so cute even when you’re pregnant?”

“Because I just am.”

“I know you are.” Kangjun bent down and placed his ear on Miryung’s stomach, “Hi Naeun. It’s your daddy here. Do you miss me like I miss you?”

Miryung giggled as she shook her head.

Kangjun looked up at his wife, “What? I got to let Naeun know that I’m her dad if not then she’s going to mistake someone else for her dad.”

Miryung rolled her eyes, “Like you would ever let something like that happen. You’re going to be super overprotective. I just know it.”

“Of course I am. She’s my first child so it’s only right that I’d be over protective of her.”

“She might grow to hate you if you’re too protective, Jun.”

“I’m not going to let that happen. I’m going to spoil her. She’s going to be daddy’s little girl.”

“I know she is. Have you not seen your bank account yet? You’ve spent a lot of things on her already and she isn’t even born yet.”

Kangjun chuckled as he straightened up and wrapped his arms around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter