Club

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Miryung pulled into the long driveway. She turned off the engine and got out of the car. Walking to the front door, it opened for her.

“Miryung-ah, you’re back early.” Mrs. Jung, the head maid frowned.

Miryung showed the older woman a cheeky smile and linked arms with her, “Aigoo, Mrs. Jung it was so boring. I was starting to fall asleep.”

Mrs. Jung clucked her tongue, “It’s still rude to leave in the middle of dinner.”

Miryung shrugged, “Oh well, my parents could deal with it and plus, it was my fiancé’s fault. If he hadn’t called me ‘jagiya’ then I wouldn’t have left.”

Mrs. Jung arched a brow, “Your fiancé’s fault?”

Miryung nodded like a child, “Yes it was his fault, but now that I’m free from that dreadful dinner I’m going okay Mrs. Jung?” “Miryung-ah, you know you can’t.” “What they don’t know won’t hurt them.” “Miryung-” “I gotta go get ready now.”

Miryung skipped over to the staircase and headed up to her room.

 

 

 

 

 

“We apologize on the behalf of our daughter.” Mrs. Song bowed.

Mrs. Kang shook her head, “It’s okay. She must have been busy.”

Mrs. Song nodded.

“We should get going now. Thank you for tonight. I’m glad the kids got to see each other.” Mr. Kang smiled.

Mr. Song smiled, “Of course.”

The two male shook hands and went their own ways.

Kangjun bowed at Mr. and Mrs. Song before going to his car.

Getting into his car, Kangjun sat there and thought back to Miryung. For some reason, she wouldn’t leave his mind. Yes, she was beautiful. But why was he thinking about her when he barely knew her?

Was he going to be like those guys who go crazy thinking about that special girl? But is Miryung the special girl? Or is she just a girl that he is forced to marry?

“Aish.” Kangjun raked a hand through his hair and pressed the ‘start’ button.

His car roared softly to life and he pulled out of the restaurant parking lot.

 

 

 

 

 

Loud powerful music was blasting through the speakers. Bodies were grinding against each other on the dance floor. People were at the bar ordering drinks. It was just a regular night at Crown.

Miryung bobbed her head to the loud pumping music. What a way to get away from the cruel reality, right?

Dressed in denim shorts, a loose black sleeveless shirt, and heels, Miryung made her way to the bar.

“What would the beautiful lady like?” The bartender winked.

Miryung giggled and ordered, “Give me your strongest vodka.”

“Oh, stressful day I assume.” The bartender chuckled.

Miryung rested her arms on the counter and leaned forward, “You have no idea.”

The bartender came back with a shot glass, “Here you go.”

Miryung accepted the glass, “Thanks.” “No problem. Call me if you want more.” “I will.”

The bartender smiled and went to tend another customer.

Miryung drowned down the whole glass. Her face crunched up at the bittersweet taste.

Setting the glass on the counter, Miryung took a deep breath. She leaned back in her seat and heaved a big sigh.

Hearing the pumping music, Miryung made her way to the dance floor.

As she made her way to the dance floor, Kangjun walked into the club. The pumping music made him break out into a grin.

“Ah, this is so refreshing.” Kangjun chuckled, looking around. Bodies were grinding on each other on and off the dance floor. There were even some people making out in isolated places.

Walking over to the bar, Kangjun or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter