Comfort

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"How are you feeling?" Kangjun asked.

"...Horrible." Miryung replied.

Kangjun frowned hearing her reply, "Miryung."

Miryung heaved a sigh, "How could she say that so simply? I would have never said anything like that."

Kangjun grabbed his wife's hands that were on her lap. He brought them up to his lips and kissed them.

Miryung's eyes widened, "J-Jun."

Kangjun caressed the back of her hands, "I want you to forget about what just happened. It's not good to think about sad events."

Miryung frowned, "But she's my sister."

"She doesn't even consider you her sister anymore Miryung. She cut off all connections with you." Kangjun argued.

"No she did not."

"You can't keep denying it."

"She's my sister. I know my own sister."

"It's been two years since you saw her Miryung. People do change."

Miryung shook her head in denial, "No. My sister would never do that."

Kangjun frowned seeing how Miryung was denying the fact that her sister had just come to cut off connections with her and her parents.

"She would never do that. She's just confused. She'll definitely come around." Miryung declared.

Kangjun shook his head, "No she won't Miryung."

Miryung turned to her husband, "Stop it. Don't say that about my sister. I know her more than you do."

Kangjun heaved a sigh, "Miryung listen-"

"No!" Miryung pulled her hands away from Kangjun's grip. She covered her ears, "Stop. I don't want to hear anything bad about my sister."

Kangjun rolled his eyes in annoyance. He stood up and stepped in front of Miryung. He leaned in and grabbed her shoulders causing her to look up at him with wide eyes.

"Jun." She breathed.

"I going to you this just once because I don't want you to hurt yourself or deny this fact." He started. "Your sister just cut connections with you and your parents. As much as you don't want to believe it you have to. You know it too that she did but you're just in denial. I know that you're hurt but I need you to pick yourself back up. You can't mope around the fact that your sister doesn't want to deal with anything that involves you and your parents. You have to respect her decision for doing so. Do you understand me?"

Miryung bite her lip. She didn't want to admit the fact that he was right. She was in denial and it was hurting her. "Then what am I supposed to do Jun? She was my only sister."

Kangjun softened knowing that his wife no longer was going to act stubborn, "Forget about it Miryung."

"I don't want to forget her though. There are too many good memories." Miryung said softly.

Kangjun pulled his wife onto her feet and embraced her, "I know that you have many good memories about you two and you should keep them. I'm not telling you to forget about your sister completely but I just want you to know that now you two don't have anything to do with each other. You two are now strangers. Nothing more, nothing less."

Miryung buried her face in her husband's chest, "But it's hard."

"I know it's going to be hard but you're a strong woman so I believe that you can do it. The Miryung I know would understand and follow as I say."

"Like anyone would follow what you say Jun."

"Don't doubt me Miryung."

Miryung smiled softly, "Thank you Jun. I really don't know what I would do without you here."

Kangjun felt his heart flutter. Those words definitely affected him.

Miryung wrapped her arms around his t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter