Ice Cream Date

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Miryung stared at Kangjun, who was leaning against his car in front of Miryung’s work place.

Kangjun pushed himself off his car, “I was forced to come here. I was told to send you home.”

Miryung frowned, “What about my car?”

Kangjun shrugged, “I don’t know. I was just told to come here.”

Miryung heaved a sigh, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“If I was kidding then I wouldn’t be standing here.” Kangjun stared at Miryung, who rolled her eyes.

“You can leave. I’ll find my own way home. You could just tell our parents that you did.” Miryung stated as she walked down the steps away from Kangjun and his car.

Kangjun watched Miryung walk for a little bit before walking after her, “I can’t do that.”

Miryung stopped when she heard his voice. She turned around and glared at him, “What?”

“I can’t lie to my parents that I sent you home. I know that you fear your parents as I fear mine. They are an absolute terror to us.” Kangjun stated.

Miryung just continued to glare at him.

“Look, I know we hate each other but we can’t get out of this arranged marriage. All things are going to be final next week so there’s no backing out now.” Kangjun declared.

Miryung folded her arms over her chest. Of course she knew that they couldn’t get out of the arranged marriage. If she did then she would lose her job and her parents would go bankrupt. Miryung didn’t want any of that to happen so the only way was to go on with the marriage.

“Are you going to get in or not?” Kangjun asked.

Having no choice, Miryung heaved a sigh, “Fine.”

Kangjun grinned, “Good.” He walked back to his car and was about to go to the driver’s side, but he walked over to the passenger’s side and opened the door. He turned back to Miryung, “Don’t say I never opened the door for you.”

Miryung rolled her eyes and walked over to the passenger’s side. She climbed into the car as Kangjun closed the door.

Seeing that Miryung was seated in the car, Kangjun walked over to the driver’s side and climbed into the car. He turned to grin at Miryung, who scowled.

“What’s with that face?” Kangjun chuckled as he pulled on his seatbelt.

“Just hurry up and send me home.” Miryung replied.

“What’s the hurry? If you’re with me then your parents won’t yell.” Kangjun declared.

Miryung turned to Kangjun, “What are you planning?”

“Nothing.” Kangjun replied as he put the car into drive and drove off.

Miryung heaved a sigh and sulk back into the seat.

Kangjun glanced at Miryung before turning back to the road, “Wow. I didn’t know that Song Miryung could sulk.”

Miryung shot him a glare, “Just keep driving.”

Kangjun chuckled, “Of course.”

 

 

 

 

 

“This isn’t my house.” Miryung stared at the ice cream parlor.

“Come on let’s go.” Kangjun opened the door and climbed out of the car.

Miryung heaved a sigh. She was about to open the door, but it swung open surprising her.

“A gentleman for the pretty lady.” Kangjun grinned.

Miryung rolled her eyes and stepped out of the car.

Kangjun gently slammed the car shut before placing his hand on Miryung’s back, “Let’s go in.”

Miryung turned to Kangjun with a frown on her, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Shh. Let’s just go get some ice cream.” Kangjun winked having Miryung roll her eyes.

The two of them walked into the ice cream parlor.

“Welcome.” A worker greeted as they approached the counter.

Kangjun smiled, “Hello.”

“What would you like, sir?” The worker asked.

Kangjun looked up at the signs with all the different flavors, “I’ll have rocky road.” He turned to Miryung, who blinked at him before turning to the worker and gave him a small smile.

“I’ll just have vanilla.” She ordered.

Kangjun frowned as he turned to the worker, “Cancel what my fiancée just ordered. Give her a mint chocolate chip instead.”

The worker blinked at the couple before nodding and doing as Kangjun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter