Forget It

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“How are you feeling?” Kangjun asked curling a loose strand of hair behind Miryung’s ear.

“Horrible.” Miryung replied softly.

Kangjun frowned hearing her reply, “Miryung.”

“Jun, I don’t know what to do anymore. She called me a husband stealer.” Miryung turned to look at her husband with teary eyes.

Kangjun felt his heart break for the second time. He hated how Miryung had tears in her eyes. It killed him because she was supposed to be the strong, stubborn, independent woman that he knew but she wasn’t.

“Why…why would she call you that? You didn’t steal her husband. I was to marry you in the first place not her.” Kangjun replied as he wiped that tear that rolled down her cheek.

Miryung shook her head, “Not you, Jun. Matt oppa.”

Kangjun furrowed his brows, “Matt oppa?”

“That is- no, was my sister’s boyfriend.” She replied.

“So what about him?”

“My sister told me that after they elope, he told her how he used her to get close to me. I meet him before she did but I never had those kind of feelings for him. I didn’t even know that he harbored those kind of feelings for me until now. They looked so madly in love that I thought they weren’t going to ever separate, but they did and it was because of me.”

“Hey, don’t blame yourself. You didn’t know anything.”

“But I should have. I should have read those vibes that came from Matt oppa. I should have knew that he had feelings for me.”

Kangjun shook his head, “It would have been no use. Your sister was already in love with him by then, wasn’t she?”

Miryung nodded in reply.

“Then nothing would have helped even if you knew, Miryung.” Kangjun reasoned.

“I could have helped lessen the pain for my sister.” She said softly.

“But she still would have been in pain no matter what.”

“But I could have helped a little.”

“It would have still been the same.”

Miryung frowned, “Why do you keep saying that?”

“Because I don’t want you to keep blaming yourself. Even if you knew that he had feelings for you, you couldn’t have done anything because he was in love with you and not your sister. You would have hurt her even if you didn’t want to.” Kangjun replied.

Miryung thought about what Kangjun had just said. It was true. Even if she knew and told her sister, the older woman would still be hurt.

“Then what am I supposed to do now?” She asked quietly.

“Forget it.” Kangjun answered.

Miryung snapped her head up at her husband with wide eyes, “What?”

“I’m serious. Forget about it. There no use in remembering something like that.” He reasoned.

“But it’s my sister.” She argued.

“I know that you care about your sister, but this is the only way to help you and your sister. Miryung, she doesn’t even consider you family anymore. She hates both you and your parents. She probably hates me too.” Kangjun looked into his wife’s eyes.

Miryung heaved a small sigh as she leaned her forehead against her husband’s shoulder, “I’m tired.”

“Then let’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter