Marriage

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” Miryung stood up from the couch that she was just sitting on.

Mr. and Mrs. Song gave her a blank look.

“Sit down, Miryung.” Mrs. Song commanded.

Miryung sat back down and stared at her parents bewildered, “You guys are kidding me, right? I just can’t marry someone I don’t know. Nonetheless, someone I don’t love.”

“Things don’t always go your way, Miryung.” Mr. Song said with a stoned face.

“But father, why now? I’m twenty-two; I have my life set already.” Miryung reasoned.

“If you have your life set already then where is my grandchildren? I don’t see them.” He reasoned.

Miryung sighed for the nth time that night. She didn’t like it how her parents forced her to do things, but what could she do? Nothing because if she didn’t follow their orders then they would ruin her future. Her future that she worked so hard for.

“Fine, when do I meet him?” Miryung huffed leaning back on the couch with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“Tomorrow night. We’ll be having dinner with his family, so make sure that you’re not late.” Mrs. Song informed.

Miryung nodded in understanding then stood up. She began heading to out of the living room but stopped when she reached the doorway. She did a sideway glance at her parents, “Is there anything else you guys would like to say?”

“You’re going to marry him no matter what, Miryung.” Mr. Song said in a monotone voice.

Miryung let out a dry laugh, “I know.” With that, she left the living room.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’M WHAT?!” Kangjun stood up from the couch.

 “Jun, please.” Mrs. Kang pleaded.

Kangjun shook his head in disbelief. *They want me to get married so they set up a damn arranged marriage for me?* “You guys are crazy. I can’t believe you guys actually did this.”

“We need to help them. Their company is going down and with you marrying their daughter; we’ll be able to help their company.” Mr. Kang explained.

“So you guys are using me then.” Kangjun concluded with a dark expression.

“Jun!” Mrs. Kang gaped.

Kangjun looked at his mother, “What? It’s true though. You and father are making me marry some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter