Say No.

Songfic Compilation.

 

Chapter 43; Say No.

The “I” in this story is Hoya, you ex-boyrfirned who loves you still.

 

“Shut it, dude. Its not like im still her boyfriend or anything. If you like her, then confess to her. Just be a better boyfriend than I was for her.”

I cooly said as I drank one shot of the Soju that Myungsoo had poured for me.

 

He had wanted to meet up with me today and I wasn’t sure why.
Being the straight-forward person he is, he told me starighht up that he had a thing for you.
I was shocked, of course.
My hands wanted to punch him, I had always been known to be one with a temper but right then it hit me, ah, you aren’t mine anymore.
I have no rights to be angry at anyone who likes you.
You are beautiful, it was no surprise that even my bestfriend fell for you.

 

Myungsoo was apologetic at first, for what, I wansn't sure.
But soon after, he became thankful.

 

“After you succeed being with her, don’t bring her drinking like this.”

I told him pointing to the drinks of Soju we were having with a smile.

 

“She doesn’t like it. And don’t smoke when she’s close, you’ll get her standing ten feet away from you.”

I continued. He just smiles and nods appropriately.

 

I didn’t know why I told him all these when all I really wanna tell him was for him to back off.
That I wanted you back.
That at night when I cant sleep, the only face I imagine seeing was hers.
I wanted you to be mine again and there was no way for him to have you.
But like the that I am, I encouraged him still.

 

“Oh, yes, don’t forget anniversaries or her birthday. That’ll be ed up. I forgot our anniversary once and almost got a slap in the face.”

I joked with a forced smile I placed on my face.
Myungsoo laughed along.

 

I wanted to kill myself actually for having said all that I did.
I laughed physically but inside I was hurting like hell.
The last time I felt this pain was when you left me.

 

“You still love her, Hoya.”

Myungsoo said as he stood and left the eating place.
He didn’t say it as a comment but as a statement.
He was much more sure I loved her still more than I was.