Never Knew I Needed You.

Songfic Compilation.

Chapter Four; Never Knew I Needed You.

 32260_1365321247207_1056905363_874047_72

 

Woohyun went to the bakery you work in ad that was the first time he saw you.
There was something about you that made him want to keep staring at you.
And the way your hair got messy every time you turn your head around.

 

Woohyun may look like a guy who’s always smiling and has such a good life.
Indeed, he’s a very optimistic man but his life was far from good and perfect for it to be the reason behind his smiles.
He was born that way, one of the few that were born with a smile and with a smile to he goes through life.

 

Woohyun comes from a really broken family.
A family where love was a rarity, in fact, there was not one occasion where he felt like he was wanted. That he was loved.
His mother is a woman who’s much abused and doesn’t talk much apart from times when talking is really necessary.
His father is a man who uses his fist more than his mouth.
He has an older brother, though that isn’t any help.
The word family might bond them as blood related but they were no different than strangers down the street.
He lived all these while depending on himself, trying to keep himself sane.

 

That day that he come into the bakery, it was one of the most hungriest days he had ever been through and he just rushed into the nearest place that sells food.
And that place was the bakery you work in.
He wanted food in the first place, his hunger was killing him but when he saw you behind the counter, he couldn’t help but keep that silly smile on his face.

 

That day was just a start.
You were just a cashier who works there for some extra allowance.
When you first saw Woohyun, you thought of nothing but when he keeps coming, the curiosity grew and grew.
Honestly, it wasn’t just that, it was that constant smile he wears that makes you attracted to him.
Yes, his smile could melt your heart of stone.
To an extend where you actually develop some kind of liking for the man.

 

 Then it comes a day when Woohyun breaks down.
Never in his whole life has he ever let anything bring him down to tears but when he saw how his father abuses his mother and brother, who’re not even close to him, he couldn’t even keep calm.
He felt the injustice that befalls onto his family.
Why is this happening to him and his family?
That was when he actually cried for the first time.
In the midst of those tears, he could only think of one other place to go, the bakery he first saw you in.

 

He came in quietly and when he got in he saw your smile.
You were laughing at a joke your fellow colleague was sharing.
That smile and that same laughter threw all his sorrows away.
The life he hoped to end just a moment ago, was cherished.
He realized that it’s because of this same life, he got to meet you.

 

He waited for you that night for your shift to end and you could only control your shock and excitement when he calls for you.
He practiced of what to say actually.
He wanted to ask for your name. 
He wanted to tell you if you wanted to be his friend or something but he couldn’t.

 

“I see you come here every day. Do you like the bakery?“

To this Woohyun just nods.
In fact, he just nods the whole time while you talk.
He offered to take you home, much to your agreement.
At your door, he stood there awkwardly.

 

“I kind of like you.“

Woohyun shyly said, his free hand ruffled his hair.
He didn’t initially wanted to say that but what the hell, what has he got to lose, right?

 

“That’s good since I like you too.“

You got into your home after the reply and Woohyun stood rooted to the ground, with both happiness and shock.

 

He had never knew he would need someone this bad but since you could make him happy in such a short time with just your smile, he don’t want to lose you or ever be without you again.

Furthermore, you’re the perfect distraction he needs from his life.