Goodbye With A Smile.

Songfic Compilation.

Chapter One; Goodbye With A Smile.

 

 the-best-changmin.jpg

 

Changmin was drinking coffee in the seat in front of you, awkwardly.
It was never like this but after the long hiatus, you both had grown this questionable distance from each other.
So much so that it doesn't bother either of you if you don't know what the other is doing like it did during the honeymoon period of your relationship.

 

He looks at you periodically and you did too but somehow, there was a gap that made it awkward if your eyes met, not the fireworks anymore.
It was just pure simple awkwardness.

 

You wanted to meet him today and he simply agreed.
The reason for today's meeting: breakup.
You didn't know how to put it but you could feel as though he knew what you were going to say and yet neither of you are willing to start saying anything.

 

" I don't know what's this strange feeling is. "

Changmin suddenly said while rubbing his chest as if asking his heart what was wrong.
You looked at him.
He looked adorable. But it's just that.
Adorable. Not attractive anymore.
Not the man you see yourself with in the future anymore.
How could this have happened?
You loved him.
You tried to tell yourself while your other half was yelling at you that things change.

 

" Distance. "

You mumbled and sipped your tea quietly, not even glancing at him to see his reaction to your comment.

 

He placed his cup of coffee on the table and reached out for your hand.
You looked up to his face, shocked at his sudden skinship.
This does indeed feels very awkward, you acknowledged.
He smiled at you and you returned that smile as well but it was more of a friendly gesture to a loving one.
What is this change about?

 

" Friends? "

He asked with that charming smile you first fell in love with and now does no effect on you.
You nodded almost vigorously.
This smile on both you and his face genuine.
This time you both laughed.

 

So friendship is possible after love.

 

You really loved him while being his girlfriend and he never did treat or loved a girl like he did with you.
And now, saying goodbye was this simple.
You both fell in love together and got out of love together as well.
It was good to know of course because it's seldom for two people who loved to end on a good note.

 

You thanked him for being a gentleman and suggesting to be just friends.
At least you knew that one trait of him being the tolerant one is still intact.
You both got up after the drink and walked down the road back to your cars.

 

With a smile, you said goodbye.
With a smile, he kissed you for that last time.
And with a smile, the beautiful relationship you both had for almost a year, ended.