AFTERSHOW : Keo Special

(BxB-Special) Hello Roommates
Please log in to read the full chapter

20 December 2016

“What should we buy?” Ken asked while he looked around the store. They’re picking present for Leo’s parents and sisters. The pair decided to meet Leo’s family and tell the truth about their relationship on the upcoming Christmas. Ken had already visited Leo’s family house twice or thrice before and he quite mingled with them well. Leo brought up the topic on telling the family about them a week ago and Ken agreed to it, so they’re going to go back to Leo’s family house on Christmas.

“My sisters like clothes. But I don’t really know their taste…” Leo said. “My mother loves to collect small merchandises, so we can get some Christmas merchandise for her. My father…let’s just buy him shirt.” Ken turned to Leo.

“Nothing’s special for your father?” Leo shook his head.

“I can’t think of any, just buy him shirt.” Ken smiled.

“How about we buy a family Christmas scarf? That will be sweet.” Ken said as he pointed to the various colour and design of scarves on the display. Leo turned. He smiled.

“That’s a good idea. We can buy without having a headache.” Ken chuckled. They walked to the display. The salesgirl noticed them and greeted, asking if they needed any help. Ken turned to the lady.

“May I know if your place or other places around here has an embroidery service?” Ken asked as he held a plain red scarf. Leo looked at Ken. The lady smiled.

“Our store has that service, sir.” Ken nodded. He turned to Leo and smiled.

“Let’s pick the best design and put your family’s name on it.” Leo nodded, understanding what his boyfriend’s thought. “Ah, how about get your parents the same scarf like couple stuff whiles your sisters with another design?”

“Suit yourself, Jaehwan. I’m fine.” Ken smiled. He picked two red scarves with white zigzag lines on it.

“Is it okay for your parents?” Leo turned to see the scarves in Ken’s hands.

“My father is not fond of bright colour…” Leo commented. Ken turned to the salesgirl and asked about the colour. The salesgirl moved and looked around the scarves section. She pulled two same designed scarves, one with dark blue colour and one with brown. Ken poked Leo who looked at the other scarves, choosing for his three sisters. Leo turned. “I will say the dark blue one.” Ken nodded and asked the salesgirl two of the said scarves. She nodded to the order and took the chosen scarves in her care.

“Did you choose for your sister yet?” Ken asked as Leo was still debating over two scarves. One with snow crystals and one with stars, both were red in colour.

“I don’t know which one is good.” Leo said. Ken looked at the two scarves.

“We will need to buy for you too right? As you’re a part of the family?” Leo looked at Ken.

“Then, this will be my Christmas’ gift?” Ken nodded. Leo looked at the scarves. “Then, you should be the one who choose for me.” Ken chuckled.

“Okay, I go for the stars. Suit you very well.” Ken said, taking the star scarf and searching for the same design on the section. He picked up another three same scarves and observed it closely before handing to the salesgirl. “That’s all. There’s wrapping service too?”

“Yes, we have it. Follow me to the service counter.” Ken nodded. Leo followed behind the two. The salesgirl informed one of the workers at the counter and she put the scarves on the counter.

“So, can you write the names for the embroidery here?” The male worker handed a piece of paper. “Make sure to write which design the name should be on? Here the design code.” Ken nodded to him. He turned to Leo, telling him write the name.

“Initials?” Leo asked. Ken tapped his chin.

“What’s their initials, is it all different?” Ken asked. Leo thought for a while.

“Jung Insung, Cho Hayeon, Jung Dahye, Jung Dasom, Jung Dain, Jung Taekwoon.” Leo recited his family names one by one. Ken chuckled.

“Do you have to say out loud?” Leo blushed and his Ken’s head. Ken chuckled. “Write it down in Hangul. That’s better.” Leo just nodded and wrote down the name with the scarf’s code. Ken looked from a side. “Oh, that’s why N hyung keep teasing you that he’s your mother?” Leo gave the paper back to the worker and turned to Ken. The worker asked them to wait for a while as he went to somewhere else.

“Huh?”

“I remember back N hyung keep saying he’s your mother way back on our debut days. We’re laughing over it while you’re angry about it. N hyung once said to check your mother’s name when we talked back to him.” Leo grunted lowly.

“Yeah, he kept playing around because the name is almost similar like his. The sound and the Hangul, even the initials.” Ken chuckled.

“Hum, yeah. Lucky we’re not writing the initial.” Leo sent a glare. Ken giggled. “Okay, okay. I’m just joking.” The worker returned.

“We have processed the order. It will be done in three days altogether with the wrapping, here is the recipe.” The worker passed it to Leo. “You can collect it with the recipe. You can pay it at the cashier there.” The worker showed them to the other counter. Ken thanked the worker and walked with Leo to the cashier. Ken paid for it even though Leo wanted to make it half, he used the reason it’s his gift so he should pay. Leo had to lose against the younger. They walked out from the store after paying.

“Lunch?” Ken asked. Leo looked at his watch.

“Call, but I need to go on 3.” Ken smiled.

“We have time. I have schedule on 4 too.” Leo nodded and followed Ken to the nearest food outlet.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

24 December 2016, Night

“So you guys will be out tomorrow, Ken, Leo?” N asked as he came into the living room with a plate of apples. This year, VIXX chose to have two-day holiday during Christmas which started from the noon that day until the noon on 26th. Ken nodded.

“We’re visiting Leo hyung’s family.” N sat on the couch beside the said couple. N looked over Leo on the other side of the couch.

“You’re telling your family?” Leo just nodded to N’s question. Ken offered Leo a slice of apple which the elder took it. Hyuk and Ravi turned catching Leo’s nods; the two were sitting on the floor at each side of the coffee table where N placed the apples plate. Hyuk looked at Ken.

“Wow, I just can say good luck, Ken hyung, Leo hyung.” The maknae said. The couple just nodded. Ravi turned to N before turned to Ken.

“It takes a lot of courage to meet the family.” Ravi said, trailing his voice. Each of them understood what Ravi tried to say. N smiled to Ravi, knowing the younger implied on their situation where his family disgraced gay relationship except his second sister who understands N more.

“Anyway, I wish you two best of luck. If you need a help, we’re here. Just ask.” N said. Ravi nodded and so do Hyuk. Ken smiled to them and touched Leo’s thigh, the elder was smiling too.

“Thanks, guys.” Hyuk grinned.

“We’re family-like friends; of course we’re supporting each other, hyung. No need to thank us.” Hyuk said.

“Moreover, we’re on the same boat.” Ravi added. N smiled proudly, his heart swelled with happiness. Ken beamed.

“Oh gosh, I love you guys.” Ken attacked Ravi for a hug and then Hyuk. Leo spare a stare with a slight pout. N chuckled to see the annoyed face on Leo’s face. Ken pulled away from Hyuk and wanted to hug N but Leo pulled him to his arm.

“Enough.” Ken turned to Leo and chuckled as well as he saw the jealous face. The other chuckled when Ken began to tease the silent main vocalist.

“Wow, why so happy?” Hongbin asked as he stepped out from his room, he just finished his bath. Hongbin joined to sit beside Hyuk.

“We’re just teasing Leo hyung. He’s being jealous again.” Hyuk answered. Hongbin giggled.

“Well, I bet with my food if we can measure the over-protectiveness between Ravi and Leo hyung, I choose Leo hyung as the winner.” Leo sent a glare at Hongbin. The rest chuckled while Ravi pouted.

“Why you’re dragging me? I’m not that over-protective.” Ravi said. Hongbin chuckled.

“Oh, yeah? I don’t think so, you just don’t admit.” Hongbin said. Ravi snorted.

“I’m not.” Hyuk chuckled.

“Says who the one is jealous when I take N hyung away.” Hyuk said. Ravi glared at the maknae. Hyuk chuckled while Hongbin snapped his fingers at Ravi. N and Keo chuckled at the back. N clapped his hand.

“Okay, there. Stop, no arguing. Just admit you’re so protective, Ravi. Anyway, silent because we’re going to watch Christmas movie.” N said as he got up from his seat towards the DVD player. Ravi whined as a protest at the back with the others’ chuckles. Ken turned to Leo when the elder reached his hand.

“We will do fine.” Leo whispered. Ken nodded. Both of them were nervous for tomorrow. Leo just prayed nothing like his parents forced him to leave Ken or they’re going to hurt Ken. He’s fine if they don’t like it and get all angry with him but not the two mentioned scenarios.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

25 December 2016, 3 PM

Ken held Leo’s hand tighter. The two of them were standing in front of Leo’s family house gate. Leo turned to Ken, massaging the back palm with his thumb. “Relax, love. I’m here. They love you before, so calm down a bit.” Ken exhaled and nodded. He gripped the paper bags containing the gifts he prepared. Leo pressed the bell.

“Who’s there?”

“It’s me, Taekwoon.”

“Ah, you’re here. I will open the door.”

“Okay, ahjumma.” Leo turned to Ken, giving the younger another assuring smile. Ken exhaled and inhaled deeply, trying to get rid of his nervousness. The metal door opened, revealing a mid-aged lady. Ken recognized that as the housemaid that worked for Jung’s family. She smiled when she saw Ken.

“Oh, Jaehwanie is here. Nice to see you here.” Ken smiled and Leo handed a basket of fruits.

“It’s Jaehwan’s gift for you, ahjumma.” Ken smiled as Leo said. The lady thanked the younger and escorted them in. Ken became more nervous again when they entered the house. Leo squeezed his hand a bit, giving strength as the younger stiffened again. Ken tried to control his expression when the lady closed the door and announced their arrival. Some footsteps heard and a beautiful lady – almost similar in age like the maid just now – came out from the kitchen.

“Omo, my baby Taekwoonie is here. Ah, Jaehwan comes too. Come in and sit. I have missing you two so much.” The lady said and called the couple to the loveseat in the living room. Leo pulled Ken with him. The sight of them held hands bring an alarm to the lady but she ignored that for a while.

“I’m sorry if I’m interrupting your family’s holiday, aunty.” Ken said as they’re sitting. The lady chuckled.

“Aigoo, no you’re not. I’m happy to see you come anyway. Taekwoonie, why you didn’t tell you will come with Jaehwan? Eomma can cook his favourite food.” Leo just smiled slightly while Ken quickly retorted the mother.

“Oh, no. I shouldn’t burden you. Hyung maybe forgets to tell you as he just asked me yesterday.” Ken said politely. The mother smiled.

“Taekwoonie~” A loud cheery voice heard and Leo groaned as he was attacked with a bear hug from behind. He didn’t need to guess who as he already knew there’s only one person loved to do that. The mother and Ken chuckled to see the piss off face.

“Dain noona, let me go.” Leo wriggled, trying to pry his third sister from him. Dain saw Ken.

“Ah! Ken!” Now the target changed to Ken. Ken just chuckled as the sister hugged him. He already used to the bone-crushing hug on his second visit before. Leo already informed him everything about his three sisters and Jung Dain who Leo labelled as the most childish and hugger sister is Ken’s super fangirl. The mother chuckled before calling the girl to release Ken.

“Stop it, Dain ah. You’re choking your precious idol, you know?” The mother said. Dain released Ken and smiled widely.

“I need to call the unnies down. They need to know Ken is here.” Dain jumped and skipped to the stairs, going up to call the other two sisters. Leo face-palmed to see his sister and the mother just shook her head.

“Sorry about Dain. She’s a bit childish as she lived as the youngest for 4 years, so she used to act like a kid.” Ken just smiled.

“I understand, somehow she’s cute a way.” Ken said. The mother smiled.

“Ah, I need to leave you guys for a while. Im ahjumma and I are preparing to cook for Christmas dinner. The three sisters will come down soon, they will keep you accompany. Taekwoon, serve the guest right okay?” Leo nodded. He asked about the father before the mother left to the kitchen. “He’s out for some business, will be back in an hour. I will ask ahjumma to serve you the drink. Make yourself at home. Jaehwan.”

“Neh, aunty. Thanks.” Ken said. Leo turned to Ken.

“Are you okay?” Ken smiled.

“I’m fine right now, but still nervous.”

“We gonna tell them after dinner as my father is not here now.” Ken smiled.

“I know, it’s better after dinner so we won’t spoil the mood.” Leo nodded. They didn’t talk much as Leo heard the trio girls came down the stairs. Just a split second, the squeals and chatters filled the living room. Leo rolled his eyes and pulled his hand from Ken. Ken just smiled apologetically, already knew the reason of it.

“Yes, you do the best job, Taekwoonie for bringing Jaehwan here today.” Dahye, the eldest sister who is 10 years apart from Leo came to sit in between the couple. Leo groaned when he was apart from Ken. He knew it won’t stop there when Dain took the small space in between Ken and the edge of the loveseat. That sister just loved to squeeze herself beside Ken.

“Jaehwanie, why you’re not acting recently? I’m waiting for a new drama.” Dain said. Ken just sent a smile even though he felt a bit suffocated to be squeezed in between the two.

“Ah, I didn’t get any call. And VIXX is busy to prepare for Korea and Japan comeback on the same time.” Ken answered. Leo saw the uncomfortable face and got up, pulling Ken to stand.

“Can’t you be normal and sit pro

Please log in to read the full chapter