Day 19 : Pain, Full stop

(BxB-Special) Hello Roommates
Please log in to read the full chapter

21 August 2014, 6.30 AM

That morning was so silence. Only the chopping sound and water boiling can be heard from the kitchen. Leo was cooking for the breakfast alone. No one came down (or maybe those guys still sleeping peacefully) to help him, but the silent vocalist don't mind cause he prefer to be alone. But not long after that a pair of arms hugged him from behind, making him jumped slightly. Smelling the familiar fragrance, he clicked his tongue and pried the hands from wrapping his waist. "I'm cooking, Jaehwanie."

A giggle filled the kitchen. Ken placed his chin on Leo's shoulder with his arms loosely around him on the waist. Leo gulped hard but still put on his poker face. "I know." Leo huffed, Ken really loved to test his patience.

"It's better for you to move and help me than attached to me like this. But it's better I think for you to stay silent in the living room." Leo said, putting the chopped vegetable into the soup he was making. He was controlling his crazy heart and mind right now with his boyfriend not helping at all, still hugging him tight. Ken pouted but delighted to smell the aroma of Leo's soup.

"I don't feel to do anything but stick to you." Leo nudged Ken slightly, really feel the heat rushed through his body when his mind naughtily was feeling Ken's body that pressed on his back. Ken released him and held his stomach, which Leo felt relief for that. "It's hurt, hyung."

"Go and prepare the table for me." Leo said. Ken pouted and back to hug the elder. Leo gulped down another lump.

"Shiro."

"Ken."

"No. I want to hug you~" Ken whined. Leo turned to Ken a bit, putting his best poker face on.

"You want to go or I chop you into the soup?" Leo said, threatening the younger. He was expecting Ken to step back and followed his command. But Ken's next action surprised him. Ken kissed him on the lips twice which left him stunned and a kiss on the neck which left him aroused. The cute vocalist moved away with a bright smile to see Leo's face changed. He was running away with plates in his hands, afraid Leo will chop him for real. "Lee Jaehwan!"

"I'm doing it, don't worry. Just claiming my reward first!" Ken shouted from outside and went into the dining room. Leo gulped and cursed under his breath, eyeing down. Not-so-invisible was there. ', way to go Jung Taekwoon.'

 

 

After finishing the breakfast which so noisy with N joined by Peniel and Sungjae teasing Minhyuk, Beast members went out as their CEO asked to meet at the company. Sungjae and Peniel were out together for a schedule. Eunkwang and Minhyuk took Taka and Eunhye to their lesson while Sam was with Hongbin which followed by Hyuk on the reason he wanted to see the place. N was out to meet the CEO at the company. The remaining members in Heaven was just doing their own things.

Ilhoon and Hyunsik were together at the balcony, making a composition together. They worked and chatted sometimes, filling the balcony with their laughter. Ilhoon's phone vibrated, indicating a message came in. Ilhoon reached it and read the message. Hyunsik was back to his laptop, trying get the good note. Ilhoon's face changed a bit. Noticing the air, Hyunsik turned. "Hoonie?" Ilhoon blinked and turned to the elder. "Who's that?"

"Uh?"

"You got a message, right? Anything happen? Because your face doesn't look good." Ilhoon changed his expression and smiled, hiding his real emotion.

"No,  it's nothing. I got a message from a friend, asking to meet." Ilhoon turned to the inside house, not too obvious. He was lucky as Hyunsik took a glance at his laptop. Ilhoon noticed someone came out from his room. He quickly turned away when Hyunsik turned to him.

"What's with your face then?" Ilhoon looked at Hyunsik.

"Oh? Ooo, well it's a good friend of mine that I didn't meet for a long time. So I kind of wanting to meet him too. But I wonder I can go or not." Hyunsik looked at Ilhoon. "Can I go?"

"Want me to go with you?" Hyunsik asked. Ilhoon shook his head as he was standing.

"No, it's fine. It will be a boring time for you." Ilhoon said and smiled to his boyfriend while tidying up the messed paper. He turned off his laptop. "Besides, I don't want him suddenly to babble out my secret." Ilhoon said, trying to make a joke. Hyunsik chuckled.

"Arasseo, be careful outside." Ilhoon nodded and asked Hyunsik to keep his things. Hyunsik nodded. Ilhoon walked to the sliding door but back again to Hyunsik. Hyunsik raised his brow and surprised when suddenly Ilhoon kissed him. Ilhoon smiled.

"I will be back, love you." Hyunsik looked at him before smiling. Ilhoon walked away and left. Hyunsik wrinkled and felt heavy once he can't see Ilhoon's back anymore. 'Why I have this weird feeling...'

Ilhoon walked from the main door, luckily no one was in the living room. He stepped out from the gate and turned back to the house. He just smiled a bit, looking sad and left.

 

 

Cube Ent.

"What's wrong with you guys?" The CEO threw papers on the table. The six members who were standing in front of his tables took a look. The papers were printed pages of a discussion board in a famous web-magazine. Doojoon took the initiative to take the papers and read. Junhyung and Hyunseung who stood beside the leader take a peek. The two looked shock a bit while the maknae line was a bit puzzled until Doojoon let them read also. The article title seriously made them caught off guard. "Doojoon, mind to explain?"

"It's just a mere guess by people and that journalist. We're just fine." Doojoon said, trying to convince the CEO.

"Do you think I will believe with just those words? I see you guys too." CEO looked at each of them. "Dongwoon?"

"Y-yes?" Dongwoon startled and looked at the man.

"You never lie to me, will you tell me whether you guys have problem or not?" He asked while looking at the maknae. Dongwoon blinked and looked around. He took a glance at the other hyungs. Doojoon sent a signal to him through the eyes. Dongwoon turned to the CEO again. He shook his head. "Words, Son Dongwoon."

"No, we're just fine. That's just an empty talk." Dongwoon said, luckily without a stutter. The CEO sighed.

"You guys changed." He talked slowly and turned to Doojoon before he reached a file on his table. He handed it to Doojoon. Doojoon took it and opened to the first page. He read the content. Doojoon widened his eyes and looked up to the CEO.

"What is this?"

"Like what's written there."

"But sajangnim-"

"This is not official, I didn't talk about this with the others just yet. But do you really want me do to it?"

"No!" Doojoon said quickly. The rest were quiet and stayed still as they didn't know what the content of the file in Doojoon's hand.

"So how about you guys just tell the truth now?" Doojoon bit his lips. The others looked at Doojoon, still curious about the file content. Junhyung snatched the file and showed to the other. Doojoon let out a sigh. The other read the main line on the top on the first page.

'New strategy for future plan. If a group seem to have inside problems, the group plan will be reconstruct. They will pursuit more individual schedule and gave a chance to develop new career, individually. In one year and half, they will be resolved on their own path and the group disbanded.'

"Sajangnim." Junhyung called out. The man put up his hand.

"No appeal accepted unless the truth being told here. If no truth, then I will arrange the meeting with management team and proceed this new strategy on you guys. You guys...will be the first."

"No, don't do that, sajangnim." Dongwoon said. The CEO looked at Doojoon.

"So, Doojoon?" Doojoon clenched his fist. Taking a breath, he turned to the others.

"Wait me at the practice room." Doojoon said. Junhyung wrinkled.

"Doo." / "Hyung." The other four called him together with Junhyung.

"I'll be fine." Doojoon said and smiled to the rapper, he then looked at each of them. Junhyung looked at him before sighed. He put down the file on the table and pushed the four members leaving the room. Doojoon just looked at them leaving. Hyunseung looked at Doojoon's eyes for a while. Doojoon just smiled and nodded to him. Sighing in defeat, Hyunseung followed Junhyung and the others. Once the door closed, Doojoon turned to the CEO. Their eyes met for a while. The CEO smiled and nodded, which answered by a nod from Doojoon.

"I don't know what you get from this, Yoon Doojoon."

"I don't know too." The CEO exhaled. Two days ago, Doojoon called him and consulted him with the problem happened in Beast. It's not the first time, their CEO was just like a big brother or father to Doojoon (in fact, the CEO is closed with all the group leaders). Doojoon always asked for opinion when he found no solution from his surrounding. After Seungho, CEO is the second person Doojoon would ask for help. And this time, he told everything since the night they revealed the truth feeling and things happened recently. The CEO is an understanding person Doojoon ever know. They talked and tried to find a solution but they know without the other's own willing to make it right, they can't do much. That man also knew the real Doojoon is not that strong and he easily slipped into the wrong path too. All that big man can suggest is a push for them. And Doojoon is the one who came out with the ridiculous idea they're into now. The new strategy of management.

"But I hope you get a solution into those miseries, Doojoon. This is just a push for them and you too. But feelings aren't easy thing to deal." Doojoon exhaled heavily and nodded reluctantly.

"Neh, sajangnim. Kamsahamnida." Doojoon said. The CEO nodded.

 

 

At a building

Hongbin took out the cans. He was buying the drinks from the vending machine, for himself and Hyuk. After getting the drinks, he walked back to the maknae who was sitting at the waiting chair with the phone in his hands in front of the room where Sam was in. Hongbin sat beside him and handed the drink. "Here." Hyuk turned and smiled.

"Oh, gomawo hyung." Hyuk took it the can. Hongbin just smiled back and opened his own can. Hyuk finished his things with the phone and put it back into his pocket. Hongbin sipped his drink. "Aren't you bored?" Hyuk turned to Hongbin while opening his can.

"Not so, because I feel fascinated to come here." Hyuk said and looked around. He sipped his drink. "What a big place."

"Well, actually this is not the usual place Sam go for his lesson." Hongbin said. Hyuk raised his brow while turning to Hongbin. "N hyung make the teacher changed place. Fortunately the teacher worked for two places, one where Taka and Eunhye also go for lesson and one is here. N hyung secretly ask to change place after what happen."

"Ouh, like that. So the other place is like here also?"

"Almost, as I remember. But I think they got more facilities here. Like waiting rooms and such." Hongbin pointed to the room beside the room Sam was in. Hyuk nodded.

"What a good private school." Hongbin chuckled.

"They call here that?" Hyuk nodded. Hongbin giggled. "We used to call this kind of place as summer schools. Aren't elite school called as private school?" Hyuk wrinkled. Hongbin nudged Hyuk. "Yah, we're not having too much gap. How could it be a different term?"

"Erk, keuroge. Molla, maybe I was wrong." Hyuk grinned and sipped his drink. Hongbin just shook his head and sipped his drink. The pathway was quiet for a while before Hyuk broke the ice. "Hyung."

"Eum?"

"Do you ever feel pain from unrequited love?" Hyuk asked, then sipped his drink. Hongbin beside him stiffened to the sudden question. Hongbin cleared his throat and sipped his drink before saying something.

"Why you asked that?"

"Just..." Hongbin gulped his spit. Feeling thirsty, he drank the remaining drink and put the empty can beside him. Hongbin took a glance to Hyuk before looking blankly to the front.

"Molla." Hyuk turned to him.

"Wae molla, hyung?" Hongbin shrugged. He turned to Hyuk, their eyes met.

"How about you then, Hyukkie?" Hongbin asked, his face looked serious. Hyuk stared at the elder for a while before turning to the front. He plastered a smile and took the last sip of his drink.

"Isseo." Hongbin noticed the change in Hyuk's expression. He stayed silent, letting Hyuk to continue by his own. "I wonder how to stop the pain." Hyuk sighed but then chuckled, which amused Hongbin. Hyuk turned to Hongbin. "Maybe I should move on like Leo hyung did."

"Huh?"

"Ops, it should be a secret." Hyuk slapped his mouth slightly. Hongbin caught the hand. Hyuk startled.

"You better tell me." Hongbin said, very serious. Hyuk blinked, quiet shocked to see Hongbin was so serious like that. Hyuk gulped down a lump.

"Erk...you won't tell anyone? Because I was asked to keep this as secret." Hongbin nodded. Hyuk bit his lips, Hongbin released Hyuk's hand when Hyuk started to talk again.

"Leo hyung...is together with Ken hyung." Hongbin raised his brow. "They're a thing now." Hongbin blinked.

"Oh...so that's why they look so close lately." Hyuk nodded. He turned to Hongbin.

"Don't tell anyone moreover Leo hyung that you know this from me, eoh? Or I will be dead~" Hyuk unconsciously begged with aegyo. Hongbin blinked, stun with the cuteness from the maknae. "Bin hyung, promise?" Hyuk showed his pinky. Hongbin snapped from the trance and nodded. Their pinky met. Hyuk grinned once he pulled back his pinky. "Yaksok."

"Neh." Hongbin answered short. A moment silent before Hongbin remembered to ask something. "Then...what about Leo hyung moved on?" Hyuk startled. He turned to Hongbin who was staring at him. Their eyes met for a while before Hyuk looked down to his feet.

"Oh...um, just recently...I just know that before this, Leo hyung likes me. But he moved on, or correctly he just realize he actually loves Ken hyung." Hyuk said, playing with the empty can. He felt awkward to say that by his own. "This is a secret too, okay hyung?"

"Arasseo." Hongbin said. He looked at Hyuk. "You like Leo hyung?" Hyuk snapped and looked up.

"Ah, aniyeo! I'm not talking about Leo hyung." Hyuk quickly denied. Hongbin stared at him. Hyuk blinked few times. "Bin hyung?"

"Then, who gives you pain?" Hongbin asked. Hyuk blinked, their eyes were staring into each other. The maknae exhaled.

"Ra-Ravi hyung." Hyuk stuttered, he don't know how he had courage to say the name but it was slipped out. He was like cursed by the deep stare from Hongbin, to tell the truth. Hongbin's heart stopped for a moment. To hear that name, he kind of feel hurt. 'So I wasn't wrong all this time.'

"Don't you know he likes..."

"Yeah, N hyung. Ravi hyung loves N hyung, ara. They like each other." Hyuk exhaled, he turned away. "That's why it's an unrequited love hyung." Hyuk said, a sad smile plastered on his lips. Hongbin felt his heart was stabbed thousand times to see that smile.

"Hyuk."

"I don't know when but I'm trying to move on." Hyuk said and turned to Hongbin. He pouted. "I should wish for someone to come and steal my heart fast so this pain can have a full stop." Hyuk said while pouting. Hongbin stared at Hyuk, somehow his heart skipped a beat overcoming the earlier pain. 'Why it's always like this?' Hongbin asked himself. Hyuk tilted his head cutely when Hongbin just stared blankly at him. "Hongbin hyung?"

Hongbin was back to reality and his eyes met Hyuk's. Hyuk raised his brow, asking a wordless question. Hongbin took a breath, his heart was beating faster. "I'm sorry, Hyuk. But I want to make something clear." Hyuk wrinkled.

"Mwora-"

"Confirmation." Hyuk's word was cut when Hongbin suddenly reached for his face, cupped his cheeks and kissed him. Hyuk was shocked, the empty can in his hand fell to the ground, just to resonate the sound into the empty and silence pathway. Hongbin softly kissed the maknae, tasting the lower lips. Hyuk was numb, too shock to do anything. Hongbin caught back his breath as he pulled away. Hyuk blinked, still in daze. His cheeks were red, so do Hongbin. Hongbin looked down, unable to look at the maknae. The sudden awkwardness filled the surrounding.

Kreek! The door opening sound startled them and Hongbin pulled his hands away. Hyuk abruptly stood up and left. Hongbin wanted to stop him but he was unable to call the name. Sam and his teacher were stepping out from the room. "Kamsahamnida." Sam bowed politely, saying his goodbye like usual he did, of course with his cold tone. The lady just smiled to her favourite boy and bowed slightly to Hongbin. Hongbin was quick to recover and bowed back. Sam turned to Hongbin.

"Let's go home." Sam said. Hongbin nodded quickly. Sam walked first. Hongbin quickly took the trash and threw it in the dustbin before catching up to Sam. He was calling the manager while walking. Sam took a glance back. "Where's the other one?" Sam asked. Hongbin turned to Sam.

"Uh? Oh, Hyuk? He's going to the toilet. I will call him." Hongbin answered him, giving an excuse. The manager picked up the phone and Hongbin let him know that they're done. Hongbin hung up and contemplated to call Hyuk. Unable to speak with Hyuk yet, he decided to text the maknae. That visual just hope he will show up soon when the manager arrived.

 

 

Meeting room, Cube Ent.

Doojoon entered after almost 30 minutes the rest of Beast waiting in the meeting room. Junhyung stood up and went to Doojoon, looking very worried with Doojoon's expression. "So?"

Doojoon looked at him before turning to the others. He sighed. "I'm sorry, I had to tell the truth."

"You mean..." Hyunseung  in. Doojoon nodded. The others fell silent. Doojoon pushed Junhyung slightly to sit and he took a seat too. No one said anything for a moment.

"So the plan won't..." Kikwang broke the ice. Doojoon cut him off.

"No, he insisted." Junhyung snapped.

"What? But you tell him the truth." Doojoon sighed.

"Apparently the truth make him want to use that plan. The truth just give him a stronger push." Yoseob commented. Doojoon nodded weakly.

"Now, what? Do we need to end like that?" Kikwang asked and stood up, looking at them. "Hyung, do somethi

Please log in to read the full chapter