Day 23 : Awake

(BxB-Special) Hello Roommates
Please log in to read the full chapter

25 August 2014, 5.54 AM

Hospital

Chorong felt a movement in her hold. She woke up from her sleep and realized that she fallen asleep beside the bed yesterday. Chorong looked up as she felt another movement. "Changseob?" She noticed the eyes were moving and unconsciously stood up, the chair sound made the lady at the couch woke up.

"Chorong?" Mrs. Lee called.

"Eommoni, Changseob...Changseob..." Mrs. Lee was fully awake to hear her son's name. She walked to the bed, just to see Changseob opened his eyes slowly. She went to the other side and held his hand.

"Changseob ah, ahdeul. Do you hear me?"

"Eo-eomma." The voice was really hoarse and thin. Mrs. Lee quickly forbid the son to talk.

"No, no. Don't use your voice. Nod to me if you hear and recognize me, your mother." Changseob gave a light nod. Chorong gasped in happiness and tears. Mrs. Lee sobbed in happiness too. "Chorong, go and get his doctor." Chorong nodded and quickly left the ward. Mrs. Lee held Changseob's hand tighter. "Ouh gosh, finally you're awake, ahdeul. I'm so worried." Changseob's lips moved, he wanted to say something but no voice came out. At that, Changseob freaked out and started to hold his throat. Knowing her son's concern, she quickly held him down and explained about his throat.

Changseob became calm a bit once he knew he didn't lose his voice. Mrs. Lee smiled a bit. "Do you want water?" Changseob nodded and Mrs. Lee took water from the nightstand, helping her son to drink. After he drank a bit, Chorong and the doctor came. The doctor looked tired and all but he gave his smile once he saw Changseob is awake. He asked Chorong and Mrs. Lee to leave the ward as he's going to check up on his patient. The two women nodded and stayed outside.

"I know you can't use your voice right now and I advised you not to use it for a while. So, each question I ask just answer with nodding or shaking your head, okay?" Changseob nodded. The doctor began to ask question while checking on Changseob's physical, eyes, temperature and his mouth. The doctor asked him to open his mouth and he looked trying to see the condition before a detailed diagnosis. Each question asked, Changseob obediently answered with his act.

"Later on at noon, I will arrange your for a detailed check up to see your throat." Changseob nodded. "Ah, do you remember how did you ended here?" Changseob showed a sign 'a bit'. "People involve?" Changseob blinked, lost in his thought before nodded. The doctor nodded. "So the concussion is not that hard. You're not losing your memory, that's good enough. But maybe because you just woke up from comma, you didn't remember clearly how the accident happened. Okay, I will leave for now. Meet you at noon." The doctor said and was about to leave until Changseob caught his hand. The doctor turned and asked with his look. Changseob motioned a writing sign.

"You want to ask something?" Changseob nodded. The doctor nodded back and searched in his white coat. He was a specialist that dealing with vocal cord and throat disorder so he always had been carrying a notebook and pen. He handed the small notebook with a pen to Changseob. Changseob took it and wrote down something. 'My throat is going to be fine?'

"Yeah, it's not that serious but you're advisable not to use your voice until your throat healed because the soreness may lead to another disorder or disease if you didn't take care of it. Your vocal cord is fine, if you afraid on that." Changseob nodded and started to write something again. He showed to the doctor. 'How long I have been sleeping? Where's the person who came here together with me?'

"You have been sleeping for three days. Do you mean Ilhoon goon?" Changseob nodded. "He got discharge two days ago and returned home but he came by to visit you yesterday." The doctor paused. Changseob looked down. "He's fine, don't worry. Also the guy who found you guys, both of them are fine." Changseob wrinkled as he looked up to the doctor. The doctor formed an O.

"Right, you probably passed out already. If I'm not mistaken....Hyunsik goon? He found you and Ilhoon goon in the fire." Changseob widened his eyes. He quickly wrote something on the paper. 'Hyunsik? Fire?' The doctor wrinkled.

"You...don't remember?" Changseob wrinkled. "You're involved in a fire at an abandon house together with Ilhoon goon. Hyunsik goon who comes to find you two and he found you two in the fire, luckily the firemen came fast and rescued you three before too late." Changseob wrinkled, his head pounded. He groaned without a sound and held his hand. The doctor blinked and quickly went to Changseob. "Are you okay? Your head hurts?"

Changseob took a breath. His head pounded and his mind was in mess. In short time, the matter happened on that day flashed in his mind. Changseob bit his lips. "Changseob goon?"

"..fine." Changseob managed to croak that word even though his throat sore and his head hurt. The doctor quickly advised him to lie down and told he will give anaesthesia to make the pain lessen and put him to sleep. Changseob didn't say anything, the doctor called a nurse. A nurse came not so long after, making Mrs. Lee and Chorong felt anxious. The nurse came and gave Changseob the medicine. The doctor again advised not to use his voice at all and Changseob fallen asleep afterward. The doctor and nurse walked out the ward, Chorong and Mrs. Lee came to him.

"How's he?"

"He's fine, I put him to sleep as he felt pain in his head. He maybe hit his head and made him can't remember about the fire accident fully. His memory is blurry to that incident but other than that, he's normal." Mrs. Lee took a relief breath and thanked the doctor. Chorong also thanked him. "He will be awake around 11. On 12, bring him to my room, I need to diagnose him on his throat condition. Take note on that, Miss Kim." The nurse, Miss Kim nodded. Mrs. Lee thanked him again and the doctor left. The two women stepped into the ward again.

 

 

Heaven

Hyunseung woke up early and left the room to make breakfast. Junhyung was awake to hear the closing door and looked at the opposite bed. He sat up and tried to chase away the sleepiness, he wanted to help Hyunseung made the breakfast that morning. In all cost, he didn't want to leave Hyunseung's side at all. He was serious when he said he wanted to win Hyunseung's heart. He can guess Hyunseung was really disappointed with Doojoon and he didn't think Hyunseung will forgive the leader easily, knowing Hyunseung really hate cheating (as if in Doojoon's case can be called cheating as he's not Hyunseung's lover anyway). Junhyung walked down after washing his face and entered the kitchen. Hyunseung was cutting some vegetables, he guessed Hyunseung was cooking a soup. They might ate rice again today for breakfast. Junhyung cleared his throat, making Hyunseung jumped in surprise and turned.

"Oh, gosh Jun. You scared me."

"Sorry, didn't intend to. Anything I can help?" Hyunseung raised his brow.

"I'm fine by myself, not so many things to do actually. I just prepare a simple breakfast anyway." Hyunseung said and back to cut the vegetable. Junhyung stepped in.

"Should I prepare the table then?" Junhyung asked. Hyunseung glanced at the clock.

"It's still early, but if you insist, go on." Hyunseung said, finishing his job and took the vegetable to the pot. He put it in and stirred the soup. Junhyung leaned to the counter, staring at the slender dancer. Hyunseung wrinkled as he felt the stare and turned to his right. He raised his brow. "Jun?" Junhyung smiled.

"I see you're a bit brighter today." Hyunseung wrinkled. Junhyung smiled. "Keep being like this. I like it and feel at ease."

"Jun."

"Okay, I will go and prepare the table." Junhyung said and took the bowls and tray. He went to the rice cooker, it just cooked. He then scooped the rice into the bowl. Hyunseung looked at him before turned back to the soup.

"Take out the kimchi from the fridge too, Jun."

"Okay, chef." Hyunseung smiled.

 

 

After everyone is awake, they started to eat the breakfast. The tense is not there but they still didn't talk much. Dongwoon still clearly avoided Kikwang which the dancer quite questioned by that. He remembered about Junhyung told him to ask either one of them on what's happening. He decided to ask Doojoon later on as the maknae avoided him. Yoseob still didn't talk with Kikwang, the dancer didn't want to force him but waiting for the vocalist to be ready. Hyunseung and Doojoon didn't talk but they didn't show awkwardness anymore. Doojoon granted Hyunseung's need-some-time request and left the dancer alone. Dongwoon actually wanted to talk with Doojoon but the leader avoided him the whole time making himself feeling very bad and guilty, somehow he knew he hurts Doojoon with his truthfulness that morning. Ravi and N started to talk again but N avoided to be too friendly with the rapper. Ravi knew N isn't fully accepting him back and needed time to think about his confession but he was glad at least N acknowledged his feeling for him now and not running away anymore. On the other hand, Hyuk and Hongbin were still the same but they didn't avoid each other anymore just they're not talking to each other directly yet.

When the breakfast finished, Yoseob took Taka to his filming site. For the first time, Taka will be going with members of the group that responsible on him. On the same ride, Sam and Eunhye left for a photoshoot together, accompanied by Sungjae and Peniel. For the first time after they joined Hello Roommates, the two kids had a schedule together. ​Kikwang and Doojoon had a schedule together which that dancer was glad he had a time to ask Doojoon about what he was left out, they went together with Junhyung who went to the company as he had meeting for their next album. Hyunseung had a musical practice and left on the same ride with Ilhoon, Hyunsik and Minhyuk who left to visit Changseob in hospital. Eunkwang was unable to follow as he had schedule ahead and left Heaven after Minoh who gave the ride for Yoseob, PenJae and the kids returned. VIXX has no schedule at all that day and stayed in the house.

Ken snuggled to Leo as the two was upstairs watching Eunhye's favourite drama that they recorded for the girl. Leo just smiled. "Watch silently, Jaehwanie. You're moving too much." Leo said. Ken looked up.

"You're so warm, I just can't get enough." Leo smiled and pinched Ken's cheek lightly. Ken grinned and turned back to the screen. N appeared at the stairs from below as he just finished washing the dish with Hyuk, they got picked for the dish just now. N awed to the scene of two.

"Gosh, you two." Leo startled and pushed Ken a bit. Ken blinked in surprise as he lost Leo's warm. N chuckled to see Leo's flushed face. "Continue, continue. I'm just passing by." N said and walked to the balcony. He didn't want to stay in the living room as Ravi was there with Hongbin. Hyuk went to the yard, saying he wanted some time alone so N can't join him. He just decided to stay upstairs, but seeing the couple he regretted to come up. Ken called N who was pushing the sliding door opened.

"N hyung." N turned when Ken called him. Ken patted the empty seat beside him. N didn't realize when did Leo got up and left. N wrinkled.

"Ouh, wae? Where's Leo?" Ken smiled and patted the seat again. N blinked and closed the door, walking to Ken.

"I ask Leo hyung to leave for a while. I want to talk with hyung." N looked at Ken as he was sitting beside Ken. Ken gave him a smile.

"What is it, Ken?"

"Hakyeon hyung." N raised his brow, as Ken called him by the real name he knew Ken was serious right now. "Wonsik confessed to you, isn't he?" N stiffened to Ken's question. Seeing N's face, Ken already knew the answer. "So, Taekwoon hyung was right."

N wrinkled. "Taekwoon?"

"Hyung already know Wonsik likes you. He is just too obvious, I noticed it tho. Just I'm not very sure at first, until I know from Taekwoon hyung." Ken said, he reached N's hands. N startled and looked at the younger. Ken flashed a smile. "Actually I was restless to know Wonsik likes you hyung." N blinked.

"Why?" Ken shook his head.

"I can't tell you, I have no right. But Taekwoon hyung kicked in some thought into my head that made me think it's good that Wonsik likes you." N wrinkled. Ken smiled. "Hyung, you like him too." N flushed in pink. He blinked few times and chuckled awkwardly.

"Wh-what? Haa, no. I'm not." N said, denying. Ken just smiled and patted N's hand. N looked at him.

"You're still in denial, I see. Hakyeon hyung, I see it too even though Taekwoon hyung knows it first. You're blushing around him, flustered whenever he touched you even though you're quick to cover it but we saw it anyway. And I bet, actually Wonsik knows you like him, but it's just you kept denying it." N shook his head.

"That's not true."

"Think whatever you want. Taekwoon hyung said to me, maybe you're denying because you're afraid your feeling might affect VIXX that you want to protect so much." Ken paused and squeezed N's hands lightly. N stared at him. "But hyung, we're a team. We also love to be VIXX. We also protect it, so don't be afraid anymore and face your feeling. Me and Taekwoon hyung are together and we're doing great. We will face it together hyung, because we're a team. If you're happy, then all of us are happy too, Hakyeon hyung." Ken said and patted N's hand. N just looked at him. His eyes were teary.

"Jaehwan ah." Ken smiled.

"You may need some time to think, I know. I just want to tell you that Taekwoon hyung and I always there if you need us and you shouldn't be afraid to love and be loved because love make you stronger, no one has right to stop you from being in love." Ken smiled and hugged N. N sniffled and hugged Ken back.

"Thanks, Jaehwan ah."

"No need to thank me tho. Think of it carefully, Wonsik already took his first step and now waiting for you." Ken patted N's back while he looked over his shoulder. Leo was at the stairs, smiling as he nodded to Ken. Ken just smiled back.

 

 

Hospital

Chorong noticed Minhyuk and the others at the door. Mrs. Lee turned as she heard steps coming in. "Oh. You come."

"How are you, eommonim?" Three of them said. Mrs. Lee just nodded and smiled. They came closer to the bed.

"How's he?" Minhyuk asked first. Mrs. Lee smiled and looked at Changseob.

"He's awake this morning, I was just about to call and tell you guys just now." Mrs. Lee said. The news surprised the three.

"He's awake?"

Mrs. Lee nodded. "But the doctor needs to put him to sleep again as he's having a great pain in his head. He will be awake again at 11."

"Why he..."

"He maybe hit his head in the fire, his memory about the fire is blurry but he remembers other things clearly. It's what the doctor said." Chorong answered Ilhoon. The trio nodded. Minhyuk said he wanted to tell the others about Changseob and took out his phone to send a message in the group chat also called Minoh to let their CEO know, he walked out from the ward. The company was told about Changseob but it wasn't let out to the media at all. The CEO was busy stopping any news and unable to visit his boys, just sending his assistant to check on Changseob.

"He's fine, right?" Hyunsik asked. Mrs. Lee told them about his throat condition and the checkup on 12. Ilhoon and Hyunsik nodded in understanding. Chorong offered to make a drink that her mother used to give her for her sore throat. Mrs. Lee agreed but she told the girl to ask the doctor about it first. Chorong nodded to her. Minhyuk returned after the call.

"Minoh hyung said sajangnim wants to meet me, Eunkwang had schedule right now." Ilhoon and Hyunsik nodded. "You guys took a cab home okay?" They nodded again. Minhyuk took a glance at Changseob and ruffled the hair before excusing himself to Mrs. Lee and Chorong. Minhyuk left again.

"How are you two? Everything is fine?" Mrs. Lee asked HoonSik. Ilhoon smiled.

"We're fine, all of us. We're waiting for hyung to come home, that's all." Ilhoon said and looked at Changseob. "We miss him." Mrs. Lee and Chorong smiled while turning to the sleeping guy.

"Keurae, we all miss him."

 

 

A studio

Eunhye stepped out from the changing room. Sam was changing in the next room. Two of them will be the model for an autumn collection of a famous brand with the theme of a separated-at-young-age couple. The photoshoot was divided into two parts of collection, the kids and the adults. Eunhye and Sam were the couple kids that got separated while the adults that met each other again after the long separation were still unknown. She was called to style her hair. Her hair was curled loosely and a small brown hat was put on her head, finishing the touch. The dress she was wearing really fitted the autumn mood. Eunhye was called first for solo photoshoot. Peniel and Sungjae were sitting at a corner watching Eunhye's pose for the photo.

When Eunhye went to take photo, Sam was out from the changing room with slightly annoyed face. The cloth he was wearing slightly bigger than his size and the style is not totally his. The stylist noticed Sam's mood and quickly tried to calm him down, she worked with Sam since the boy just started to be a model. Sam just followed her to the seat as she styled his hair. The bang was pulled up, showing his forehead. It made the boy looked more handsome than usual. As the stylist said done, Sam looked at his hair and somehow satisfied. The stylist knew Sam's mood became a bit better. The photographer called him as they done with Eunhye's solo photoshoot. Sam walked to the set, Eunhye saw him. She smiled.

"Hm, you look different." Eunhye said as Sam walked pass her. Sam stopped and turned. Eunhye smiled. "Okay, I admit now you're handsome." Sam squinted his eyes and scoffed.

"I know that." Eunhye chuckled and went to sit with Peniel and Sungjae. The photographer started to give instruction to Sam which the boy followed exactly and did well.

"You're pretty and he's handsome, what a perfect duo. I'm proud to take care of you two." Sungjae commented. Eunhye chuckled. Peniel smiled.

"Don't you want kids like them?" Peniel asked. Sungjae turned to him, somewhat blushing a bit before cleared his throat.

"Yeah." Eunhye smiled.

"Do you want a kid that cold like Sam?" Sungjae turned to Eunhye.

"No, I'm talking about the face." Eunhye and Peniel turned to Sungjae and chuckled slightly. Sungjae joined after. They were asked to keep quiet which they followed, knowing they laughed too loud. As soon as Sam done with his solo shoot, Eunhye was called. The girl got up and went to the set, standing beside Sam. The photographer asked them to stand with their back to each other and a hand held each other. Sam rolled his eyes but compiled anyway. Eunhye just chuckled, knowing Sam hated to work with her as a couple. As far as she remembered, they never got paired up before for a couple concept. Maybe the boss now knew they solved things in between them and not arguing extremely like before anymore. The two kept being professional for the sake of the photoshoot. Sam kept scoffing and rolling his eyes for ridiculous pose he needed to do with Eunhye and also skin ship involved. Eunhye just smiled along the way, liking the boy's annoyed face. It was cute anyway tho.

They now took a shoot for the third and last cloth already. The set now changed to a messy floor with dried leaves and a bench. Eunhye was told to sit and Sam stood behind. They were looking at opposite direction. The photographer took some photos and asked Sam to change place, sitting beside Eunhye. Sam made faces as he received instruction to sit, look Eunhye's eyes and then left. The photographer wanted to take the movement of leaving. Sam just did what he wanted quickly and the photoshoot at last ended there. Eunhye got up and thanked the staff. Sam just looked around and his eyes caught someone not far behind Sungjae and Peniel. Peniel noticed the eyes and looked behind.

"Chanhee." Sungjae heard the name and turned. Eunhye just noticed Sam stunned on his feet also looked at the same way. She saw him. Last time when Sam and Chanhee got the photoshoot together, she just stood at the door watching them and waited outside after they finished. Hyuk at that time understood Eunhye still needed time so he asked someone to look after Eunhye outside. Eunhye knew this time she can't run away anymore and she was ready to face them. She waved her hand to Chanhee. Chanhee flashed a smile and walked towards them, his eyes never left Sam who looked damn handsome in his view. PenJae's eyes followed every steps of him.

"I dunno you two were paired together for this photoshoot." Chanhee said and smiled to Sam. Sam looked away, trying to act cool. Eunhye chuckled slightly.

"What bring you here, oppa?" Chanhee blinked and rubbed his nape. Sam stole a glance to him. Chanhee grinned.

"Well, I'm around the place and heard Sam is here so I just pay a visit." Chanhee said awkwardly as Sam shot him a glare. Eunhye saw that and almost chuckled again.

"Oh, right. Last time we agreed to have a drink right? Do you have a schedule after this, oppa? Let's grab a drink together." Eunhye said, smiling. Sam shot a look at Eunhye. Eunhye smiled. "Of course, three of us." Eunhye smiled to Sam. Sam's face hardened. He didn't like the sound of three.

"I'm free...and okay, we promise anyway. How about you, Sam?" Chanhee asked. Sam startled and turned. Just before he could answer anything, Eunhye cut him off.

"He will follow, don't worry. He has no schedule too." Eunhye smiled. Sam turned to her, shot a look. Eunhye grinned. She then pulled Sam to the changing room after telling Chanhee to go to Peniel and Sungjae and told then about the plan. Sam blinked in surprise as he was dragged. He pushed Eunhye a bit when they're in front of the changing room.

"What was that, duh?" Sam said with a groan. Eunhye looked at him.

"I know you will say no so I say yes. Anyway, I want us to get a drink together. Go and quickly change so we can go fast." Sam gasped as Eunhye turned him around and pushed him into the changing room. Eunhye winked as she pulled the door closed. After hearing the clicked sound, she went into the next changing room and changed as well. Looking in the mirror, she smiled.

'I should exposed them

Please log in to read the full chapter