Day 25 : Welcome home

(BxB-Special) Hello Roommates
Please log in to read the full chapter

27 August 2014, 7 AM

Hospital

Changseob woke up from a bad dream. It was a dream of that incident. Changseob blinked in the semi-dark room, he was sweating a bit. Since he woke up, the dream often haunted him but ended in different way. The first time he dreamt of it, he found Ilhoon was dead and he survived, everybody blamed him for that. He felt extremely guilty and woke up with a great fear. Luckily he didn't awake his mother who accompanied him that time. The second time, it was him died in the fire. No one cared about his death, even his mother. He dreamt that when he was taking a nap. Chorong was there taking care of him, so she woke him up. There was the third time but he didn't remember the end and he woke up alone that time. And today, it's already the forth time but the dream isn't getting worse than before which he's glad. Maybe he kept dreaming because he felt guilty, but Ilhoon kept sending him texts asking him about everything he can when the younger isn't at the hospital. Changseob turned and saw someone slept with the head beside his hand. He moved his hand and touched the long hair. The person stirred from sleep and looked up. "Changseob?"

"Chorong ah." Changseob croaked a voice.

"Hey. Don't talk." Chorong said and got up to get the water. He gave it to Changseob. Changseob sat on the bed and drank it. "Why you wake up so early? Did you got a bad dream again?" Chorong looked at Changseob. She touched the forehead. "You're sweating. A bad dream again, right? Are you okay?" Changseob nodded. Chorong took the empty glass and placed it on the nightstand. Changseob took the notebook and wrote something.

'You stay here last night?' Chorong smiled and nodded.

"I don't have any schedule since yesterday and today. Don't worry." Chorong said and smiled. Changseob smiled back. He opened his mouth. "Aish, don't talk."

"But-" Chorong blinked.

"Oh, your voice." Changseob cleared his throat and tried to say something again.

"My voice...Chorong ah, my voice is back to normal." Changseob said excitedly and giggled. Chorong smiled.

"Yeah, it is. But don't use it too much until the doctor comes and check you for today." Chorong said. Changseob tried to say something but Chorong placed her finger on his lips. Changseob startled. "Can you listen to me this time, okay?" Chorong looked at him. Changseob pulled her hand, Chorong blushed when she realized what did she do just now. She pulled her hands but Changseob gripped it tight. The girl looked at him. "Changseob."

"Thank you. That's what I want to tell you first when my voice returned." Changseob said. Chorong blushed deeper and looked down. Changseob loosened his grip and held her hand. Chorong's eyes fell on their hand. Changseob exhaled. "I'll try my best...can you stay with me then?" Chorong looked up. The vocalist was staring into her eyes. Chorong blinked. Changseob flashed a smile. Tears built up in Chorong's eyes, she could see Changseob's being serious and sincere. A smile found her lips and tears slipped from her eyes. Changseob startled. "Hey, don't cry. Did I do something wrong?" Changseob said, quickly wiped away the tears. Chorong shook her head and rubbed her eyes, chasing away the tears. Changseob stared at her.

"I'm just too happy, it's tears of joy." Chorong held his hand. "I will stay with you, I did say I will do anything to make you see and like me, right? So, don't worry. I won't go anywhere, let's just do the best, our part to make the things work." Changseob nodded. Chorong smiled. "Can I give you a gift?" Changseob raised his brow. Chorong leaned it and kissed his cheek. Changseob startled. Chorong pulled away and smiled. "It's a thank you gift." Chorong said, blushing. Changseob just chuckled to see her cuteness.

"I guess your voice return." The two startled and turned to the door. Chorong pulled her hand and stood up. The white-coated man bit his lips, swallowing his laugh.

"You come for the checkup, doctor? It's so early. I will leave so you can do your job." Chorong said and quickly left with flustering face. When the door closed, the doctor chuckled. Changseob looked at him with a puzzled face. He came closer to Changseob.

"So cute of you two. So, the blossom is arrived?" Changseob wrinkled. The doctor guffawed. "I came early because I will have to leave for a talk on 9 am so I check on you first, also saying goodbye. As your voice returned, you can come home today. Take the medicine I prescribe on time until it's finished. It's just an antibiotic for safety." The doctor said.

"So I can use my voice now?" The doctor nodded.

"But don't overwork it on the first week, your vocal cord can be in shock with the sudden use. After all, you're already fine. Thanks to the tea also." He winked. Changseob rolled his eyes. The doctor chuckled. Changseob took the notebook and handed to the doctor.

"Thank you, I use it well." The doctor shook his head and refused. Changseob raised his brow.

"The words you wrote in it, cherish the memories. I won't take it from you. Just remember this time, so you will cherish your present time. You will find everything is valuable once you take a look on this notebook again. So keep it." Changseob looked at him. The doctor smiled and patted his back. "I need to go now, I have another patient to visit. Remember my advice and finish your medicine on time, okay? Congratulation for you recovery and take care of yourself in the future." The doctor said and flashed a smile. Changseob looked at him and nodded. He also smiled, watching the doctor's leaving.

 

 

Heaven

Everyone in the house already finished their breakfast. They just stayed around in house as no one had schedule that day and they're agreed to have a small party to welcome Changseob home. They were informed by Mrs. Lee about Changseob will come home on the noon. As the director reminded them about the fans not knowing Changseob admitted to the hospital, so he was asking about today's recording. The crew was thinking to do a mission but they can't as they wanted to spend the whole day celebrating Changseob. Eunkwang called up the CEO and discussed over that matter. The company agreed to release a statement about Changseob admitted to the hospital because of his throat and already get well today, so the recording of home-welcoming can be done.

Eunkwang, Minhyuk and N went out to buy some groceries for a big feast. The rest were decorating the house. All of them worked well, but everybody still can see Beast's awkwardness. But no one said anything over that. So the whole morning, they were busied preparing to welcome Changseob home.

"Put it down a bit, Ilhoon." Junhyung said as Ilhoon and Sungjae were hanging the self-made banner 'Welcome home'. Hyunsik, Peniel, Dongwoon, Ravi and Hyuk were blowing some balloons on the side. N, Minhyuk, Leo, Ken and Doojoon were in the kitchen, N and Minhyuk became the main chefs for that day. They're preparing the lunch also the dinner. Hyunseung and Kikwang were out to get the cake they ordered while Yoseob was choosing movies as they decided to have a movie marathon the whole afternoon till dinner time. Hongbin and Eunkwang played with the kids outside as Doojoon asked the kids to play and don't help. At first, Eunhye and Taka wanted to help but there's nothing they can help so they agreed to play outside. Sam just sat on the chair watching them played with Hongbin and Eunkwang.

"Hyung!" Taka suddenly said. They stopped playing. "Can Taka, noona and hyung write a card for Changseob hyung?" Hongbin turned to Eunkwang. Eunkwang raised his brow looking at Taka. Eunhye nodded in agreement.

"I like that idea too."

"You wanna do that?" Eunkwang asked. The little boy and girl nodded. Taka looked at Sam.

"Sam hyung will do it too." Sam blinked.

"Huh?" Sam looked at them confused. Eunkwang grinned.

"Okay, let's get in and write a card. I think we have some material as they're making the banner just now." Eunhye and Taka cheered and giggled. Sam wrinkled, Hongbin called him to follow. They entered the house together and Eunkwang asked for some things can be used to make a card from Ilhoon and Sungjae. All of them smiled to know Taka's suggestion.

"So sweet of you, Taka." Hyunsik said and ruffled Taka's hair who standing next to him. Taka grinned and pulled Sam with him as Eunkwang gave the materials. Eunhye joined.

"What's it?" Sam asked.

"We gonna make card for Changseob oppa." Eunhye said.

"Why I'm involved?" Sam groaned. Taka grinned. Eunhye pinched his arm. Sam growled. "Yah! What's that for?"

"What you promise me back then in the cafe?" Eunhye said with a sly smile. Sam looked at her. Her words made everybody's attention on them. Sam blinked.

"Wh-what?" Sam stuttered. Eunhye scoffed.

"Do you want me to repeat here?" Sam groaned.

"Okay, fine. Shut up and tell me what I need to do." Eunhye grinned. Taka smiled and quickly asked Sam to do something for him. The rest of guys looked at Eunhye curiously. Eunhye looked up as she noticed some stares. She smiled, giving them a wordless answer. Seeing Sam followed Taka's request, a smile found their lips. They continued their jobs. Eunkwang went to find his squirrel while Hongbin stayed with the kids, helping a bit.

 

 

Hospital

"Are you ready to come home?" Minoh asked. Changseob nodded. Mrs. Lee turned to the manager.

"Take care of him. I have things to do." She turned to Changseob. "I'm sorry, my son. I'm unable to send you home." Changseob smiled. He hugged his mother.

"Don't worry eomma. I'm fine you know. You don't need to worry." Changseob said patting his mother's back. Chorong at the side watched the two. They released the hug. Chorong gave a bag with a thermos inside.

"Here, I know your throat is fine now but I brew the leftover, so drink it and take care of yourself better." Chorong said. Changseob smiled and thanked her. Chorong smiled back. Mrs. Lee was pleased to see the two get along well. They went down and Mrs. Lee with Chorong sent Changseob to the van with Minoh drove it. They separated and Minoh drove the car headed to Heaven.

On the ride, it was silence. Changseob's eyes were sticking outside the window. He smiled a bit, trying to get rid of nervousness to come home. He still felt guilty and slightly afraid the rest won't please to see him back. He knew Ilhoon forgave him and so do Hyunsik, but he didn't know about the rest. Even so, he was hell nervous to know about the other's thought. His eyes now fell to the bag Chorong gave him. He reached for it and took it out, he just noticed there's a letter in it. He took it out and read it silently.

Hey, well I know it's awkward to give you written letter but I think it's easier to say what I wanted to say. First, congrats for your recovery and returning home. Second, thank you for accepting me being with you. Third, I realize you're afraid to go back to them. But remember this, Changseob ah. Everyone makes a mistake and everyone deserves a second chance, but we should appreciate that second chance to the fullest. Don't be scared and face it strongly, show that you're sincere and changed. I'll be here for you, text me if you need someone. You're not alone, Lee Changseob. You have me and also your mother. Fighting <3

-Chorong-

A relief smile formed on his lips. He was thankful. 'Gomawo, Chorong ah.'

"We're here, Changseob." Minoh's voice made him look up. He looked out, taking a breath when he saw the house sign. Heaven.

 

 

Inside the house

"I heard the van. Quick, stand at the entrance guys." Minhyuk called up the rest who still tidying some mess around. They came quickly waiting at the door with party-poppers in hands, waiting for the door to be opened and that certain someone stepped in. Not so long waiting, the door opened. When the certain person revealed fully at the door, he had a shock face when he saw everyone was there. Minhyuk was the first one to start the welcoming gestures. "Welcome home, Lee Changseob!" At that remark, the pop sound heard and Changseob startled. They all chuckled and said the same things like Minhyuk did. Changseob stunned in Minhyuk's sudden hug, which brought tears to his eyes when he saw the others' smiling at him behind the rapper. Minhyuk released him and the two BTOB youngest attacked him at once. The rest chuckled to see Changseob's suffocated face.

"Thank you." Changseob said as the two released him, tears slipped his eyes. They all smiled. Hyunsik came to him and messed his hair. Changseob startled.

"Don't get too touched. You're not suitable with crying, hyung." Hyunsik said. Changseob smiled and nodded. He wiped his tears. Eunkwang took the initiative to call them in. They made a way for Changseob to enter. Another wave of tears hit Changseob when he saw the decent decorated living room. The kids were standing there, waiting. Changseob placed a smile to them. Taka stepped towards him and handed the card he wrote with Sam and Eunhye.

"For you, welcome home hyung. Taka is happy to see hyung's back." Changseob smiled and ruffled Taka's hair. He took the card and thanked him, Sam and Eunhye. Eunhye gave a smile while Sam just stayed expressionless. Minhyuk gained everybody attention with his call.

"Okay, first thing we should do now it's lunch! Come on, I'm hungry." All of them smiled and went to the dining room. Ilhoon pulled Changseob together with him after Changseob placed his cloth bag and the bag Chorong gave on the couch. Changseob was really touched but Hyunsik kept stopping him from really crying. They all settled on their seats. Doojoon lfited his glass.

"How about a toast?" Doojoon gave a smile. They all nodded. "For welcoming Lee Changseob home."

"Cheers!" All of them said and giggled before drinking the orange juice. Yes, you heard me. It's just a orange juice not beers, okay? They started to eat when Doojoon said so. They were talking, it was a bliss for all of them. Even though some were still avoiding each other, smiles didn't leave their lips. Everyone is happy for that moment because they're completed at the moment. Changseob cleared his throat when he was half way with the meal.

"Thank you guys. And I'm sorry." Changseob said. They all looked at him. Minhyuk grinned.

"Why you're sorry? We're fine." Minhyuk said, signalling Changseob not to mention anything regarding the fire incident. Changseob smiled. Eunkwang interrupted.

"Anyway, we will have a movie marathon after the lunch." Eunkwang announced. They all smiled and Eunkwang turned to Yoseob. "You better get a good movie to watch." Yoseob grinned.

"Don't worry, I pick the

Please log in to read the full chapter