Day 12 : Couple mission

(BxB-Special) Hello Roommates
Please log in to read the full chapter

14 August 2014, 7 AM

Hyunsik yawned while walking down the stairs. He was just finished getting a bath and went down to lend a hand as not so many people already awake, they're late today as most of them have no schedule. He heard noises from the kitchen, guessed the breakfast almost done from the chit-chatting. He straight away walked to the dining room, thought to help preparing the table.

"Come and help me-" Hyunsik stiffened at the door while the talking person stopped his words in the middle. Hyunsik walked in after a minute silent. He flashed a smile. The person ignored him and continued placing the plate.

"At last, you talk with me, Ilhoon ah." Ilhoon stayed silent and cursed for not checking first the entering person is Hyunsik. Hyunsik stepped to Ilhoon's side. Ilhoon didn't look at him even a glance. Hyunsik bit his lips. "Ilhoon."

Ilhoon didn't give a respond and placed another plate to the next place. Hyunsik followed Ilhoon's direction. Ilhoon bit his lips. "Ilhoon ah, why..." Ilhoon didn't answer and Hyunsik caught his hand, stopping the younger from working. Ilhoon didn't look up but looked somewhere else. Hyunsik took a breath.

"Ilhoon, look at me and tell me what-"

"Let me go, hyung." Ilhoon said, his eyes still was down. He was trying to free his hand, pulling his hand from the elder's grip. Hyunsik exhaled.

"No, answer me Ilhoon. Why-"

"I said let me go!" Ilhoon hollered out of sudden and pulled his hand really hard when he heard a familiar voice outside. The plate in Ilhoon's hand slipped from his grip and fell to the ground, broken. The two stiffened to the broken sound.

"What's that?" Eunkwang came in, asking with Changseob beside him. Changseob sent a look at Ilhoon. Ilhoon looked down, avoiding the gaze. Hyunsik turned to them at the door. There were Minhyuk and N as well.

"It's nothing, I slipped a plate and it's broken. Don't worry, I'll take care the mess. Stay here, don't move." Hyunsik said with the last two sentences for Ilhoon. Ilhoon didn't give a response while Hyunsik already gone out the room. Changseob rolled his eyes and stomped to the usual seat of him. Minhyuk asked Ilhoon about his condition. Ilhoon just answered a simple fine.

Hyunsik returned with the broom and went to the broken plate. Ilhoon crouched down and picked up the mess. Hyunsik wrinkled. "Hey, don't-"

"Auch." Ilhoon winced. Hyunsik widened his eyes and pulled Ilhoon's finger when he saw blood. Ilhoon stunned when Hyunsik  the blood and his injured finger. Some seconds passed, Ilhoon quickly pulled his finger when he felt the intense gaze from the side. Without looking anywhere else, Ilhoon moved and walked out from the room. Minhyuk wrinkled and looked at Hyunsik before turning to Changseob. Minhyuk bit his lips and went after Ilhoon. Eunkwang and N wrinkled as well. N shook his thought and replaced Ilhoon to prepare the table, asking the help from Changseob. Changseob wasn't in the mood but he didn't want to show it, helping N anyway. Eunkwang came to help Hyunsik with the mess.

Leo and Ken came in with the food. N just smiled to the two. Ken saw the broken plate. "Ouh, I thought I was dreaming about the breaking sound...look, Leo hyung. I'm saying the truth~" Ken whined. Leo narrowed his eyes at Ken. Ken pouted and placed the food silently. N chuckled softly, Hyunsik walked out the room to throw away the trash. Eunkwang and Changseob sat down on the seat, just waiting with the other. Changseob wanted to go after Hyunsik but he didn't want to be obvious. Minhyuk came in afterward without Ilhoon and glaring at Changseob till he settled down on his seat. Eunkwang sensed the stare but didn't question. Leo and Ken left for another trip of food with N following.

"Minhyukkie, where's Ilhoonie? He's fine?" Minhyuk turned to Eunkwang.

"Um. Kuenchana. He's upstairs getting a plaster."

"Morning hyungs~" Taka greeted them. Eunkwang smiled.

"Morning Taka." Eunkwang said. Taka sat down. Then, one by one came into the dining room to have the breakfast. As Ken done with the serving, Ilhoon came in and joined them. Eunkwang smiled to all of them.

"Let's eat." They nodded and started to eat. The room was silence, they just ate without saying anything. When N almost finished his food, he remembered to tell something to Eunkwang.

"Ouh, Eunkwangie." Eunkwang turned to N. "I want to tell you I will be sending Taka through the week." Eunkwang raised his brow. Just before he asked, Taka talked.

"N hyung got a role in the drama, and Taka is so happy!" Taka said, making all of them looked at the leader of VIXX. Ravi just stared slightly and turned back to his food, already knew about that. He didn't like the news but he knew N's passion in acting. But he was worried, even they still didn't talk since yesterday incident. Ravi sighed inside. Ken's voice chimed in.

"Uwah? Chincha, N hyung? Chukkae~" Ken congratulated him. N rubbed his nape.

"It's just a minor character...and um, it's a bit...embarrassing."

"Why?" Hongbin asked. N cleared his throat.

"I won't talk about it. Just watch the drama, you will know why." N chuckled and drifted the topic away when he told Leo to take care of Sam in the mean time. Leo just agreed with that while Sam rolled his eyes. Even Sam didn't really open up with all of them moreover VIXX, he really really didn't want to have business with Leo.

"So, anyone with schedule today?" Eunkwang asked.

"Taka and N hyung will leave after this." Taka answered. Eunkwang chuckled.

"Arasseo. Others?" They shook their heads. Eunkwang turned to Sam and Eunhye. "You two are free?" Eunhye nodded while Sam didn't respond. N tsked.

"Sam is free." N made a note to that. Eunkwang just nodded.

"Wow, we're free. Let's plan something." Hyuk said excitedly. Then, the door opened. Eunkwang chuckled lightly when he saw a staff came in.

"I bet we can't Hyuk. Mission coming." Hyuk pouted.

"It's better be a good mission so we can have fun." Hyuk said. They just smiled and nodded to Hyuk's words. N and Taka left the table first as they had to go already. They excused themselves and bid goodbye. Eunkwang opened the card after the two left.

'One day mission: Food variety game. Please get ready everyone. We're heading out today.'

"Uh? Food variety?"

 

 

Cube Ent.

"Ireona, guys!" Doojoon stirred from his short sleep as he heard Hoon's voice. Doojoon rubbed his eyes and pushed down the sleeping bag, crawling out. Hoon chuckled. "Morning, Doojoonie."

"Hum. Morning hyung."

"Wake them all up, it's 9 now and you should started your day." Doojoon widened his eyes.

"9?!" Doojoon's shriek woke up the others even made Hoon startled. Doojoon reached for his phone to check the time. "Darn, I'm overslept! Hyung, why don't you wake us two hours ago?" Doojoon said and got up. He mumbled something while getting up the sleepy and still-in-dream group members. Junhyung sat up with closed eyes, Hyunseung was yawning. Yoseob groaned and rubbed his back hair while Kikwang glared lazily at the leader who woke him up. The maknae sat down and stretched his back. Hoon chuckled.

"I let you have enough rest. Tomorrow is the day, how could you go without a proper rest? So, today you will have practice up till lunch then we will have the rehearsal. Then we will head back to Heaven after dinner. Tomorrow after breakfast, you will head out for the final rehearsal. Make sure sleep tight tonight." Hoon nagged. The rest groaned while Doojoon turned to their manager.

"Hyung."

"Boss asked that. He doesn't want another fainting scene, especially tomorrow and the next day." Doojoon sighed.

"Arasseo."

"Now, get up lazyass and back to practice." Hoon said.

"Neh." The answer chorused from six of them. Dongwoon got up first to use the bathroom. Yoseob seemed a bit awake from earlier kicked Kikwang's feet while nagging to make sure Kikwang's awake. Doojoon took a gulp of water while watching them. Junhyung dozed off again, Hyunseung fully awake but staring in spaces like the usual him. Doojoon just smiled slightly, at least all of them were back to themselves. That's a good point right then. He just hoped they would get through all the hardship.

 

 

Gwangjang market

The crowd started to fill the surrounding. Somehow, the fans caught the news that the boys will have the filming there and swarming the place. They got a chance to give some fan services and luckily the fans understood the work, they still able to film even though with crowded and stuffy surrounding. Sungjae, Ilhoon and Minhyuk gave the best smiles while interacting with the fans. The others smiled and waved hands, except Leo who just remained silent with soft smiles only and Sam who didn't move a muscle sticking to his cold side.

Hyuk grinned to see the variety delicious food around them. "Wow, daebak. I love this mission chincha!" Hyuk squealed. The others chuckled. A writer noona passed a card, explaining the mission. One of the staffs called up Sam and Eunhye. The kids moved to them. Eunkwang raised his brow.

"Why was that? Where are the kids going?" Eunkwang asked when the staff whispered to the two kids and brought them away.

"Don't worry, you will meet them soon. Now, please proceed with the mission." The PD said. Eunkwang looked at him suspiciously before reading the card in his hand.

"Food variety mission. You will be paired up into two persons per group and gonna be roaming around in the market. Each of you must have to buy three kinds of food that you thought the kids will love it. The given time is 2 hours. After the time given, please go to the XXXX restaurant. The next mission will be told."

"Eh? Is it our own money?" Sungjae asked. The others turned to the production crew. The PD answered their question.

"We will give money, but you must win it. We gonna have a warm up game now, for the team and money." They nodded. "We have even numbers right now, right?" They looked at each other.

"Ouh yeah, N isn't here." Minhyuk said.

"Okay, Eunkwang. Come and pick a game." Eunkwang nodded and moved forward. He picked a paper from the box and opened it, showing to the camera.

"One chance of punishment."

"Eyyy, hyung~~" BTOB groaned behind. Eunkwang scratched his back hair.

"A bad luck." Eunkwang said. The five VIXX looked at the other team.

"What game is it?" Ravi asked.

"There's a tray of sandwich, some are the good ones and some already piled up with wasabi and mustard." The writer noona said. The boys grimaced and fans behind whined. The writer noona ignored and continued. "So, who gets the wasabi-mustard sandwich gonna have the chance to pick their partner."

"Ugh, the punishment is good or bad?" Ken remarked. They just chuckled half-heartedly. The crew prepared the sandwich and put on the table in front of the boys. They looked at each other.

"Pick all at once or one by one?" Hyunsik asked.

"Let's make it quick." Eunkwang said and they nodded. Each of them took one slice of sandwich. They were holding it, waiting to eat. They looked worried and excited on the same time. Changseob sighed when he sniffed the sandwich in his hand.

"Why can't you hide the smell, chincha?" Changseob protested. The crew chuckled. He looked over Hyunsik. "Yah, are you getting the one?" Changseob asked. BTOB turned to Hyunsik, they knew exactly Hyunsik had a weak stomach among all of them.

"I think so..." Hyunsik said as he examined the sandwich. Changseob bit his lips, disappointed and worried on the same time.

"Okay, just let's eat." Leo suddenly said and bit his sandwich, the rest followed. All of the present people watched their reaction. Hyuk coughed and grabbed water bottle. Hongbin looked relax, so do Peniel. Changseob closed his eyes tight while chewing down the sandwich.

"Hyuk, Changseob. Chosen." Eunkwang said as he finished his sandwich. Yeah, he didn't get it anyway. He saw Sungjae's red ears. "I guess you have it Sungjae ah?" Eunkwang said. Sungjae shook his head. Eunkwang raised his brow.

"Your ears are red, dude." Peniel said when he gulped down his nice sandwich. Sungjae shook his head, still chewing the sandwich.

"Yah, don't lie."

"Ani." Sungjae smiled and looked at them. The attention diverted Hyunsik who coughed badly and took out the sandwich. He can't stand it. Eunkwang announced the swoon-inducing vocalist chosen and turned back to Sungjae. "What?"

"You have it. Just admit."

"I don't- *hip* have it."

"He have it, he have it." Peniel said.

"Yah."

"We all know you will get a hiccup when you eat spicy thing." Eunkwang said. Sungjae pouted. Eunkwang turned around. "We already have it all now." He said when he noticed the reaction already there.

"Sungjae, Hyunsik, Hyuk, Changseob, Ken and...Minhyuk." Eunkwang turned to Minhyuk. Minhyuk looked away, noticing that leader wanted to be picked.

"Um, now it's time to choose the partner. First come first serve." The writer noona said. Ken just steadily put his arm around Leo, tried not to be obvious when the fans are around. The fans of the two squealed when they're paired up. The couple name, Keo was chanted numerously, making the two flustered but keeping the poker face. Sungjae didn't take long time and just pulled Peniel to him and hugged the arm, noting that Peniel was taken. Melody who likes the pair squealed as Sungjae started to show aegyo and made Peniel do it with him. Hyuk looked around and saw Ravi was still free but he was shy to approach the rapper.

"Come here." Hyunsik suddenly talked and pulled Ilhoon to him, which making everybody turned. The fans just cheered, Changseob looked really mad while Ilhoon was sending a unnoticed glare to Hyunsik and in the same time, afraid of Changseob. Minhyuk suddenly grunted.

"Ah, why take Ilhoonie? I want to pick Ilhoonie~" Minhyuk made a fake whine. Ilhoon looked a bit relax, knowing Minhyuk was helping him. Hyunsik didn't let him go, hugging him around the shoulder. Changseob glared at that side while Minhyuk narrowed his eyes and pouted. Ilhoon was looking down, scared and blushed on the same time. Eunkwang wrapped his arm around Minhyuk's.

"I think you have me here." Minhyuk blushed but quickly gave a poker face, remembering they're outside the house and there's many fans present. The cheers from Melody became more thunderous to see the tiny skinship of the parent couple.

"I want Ilhoon." Minhyuk stuck out his tongue and pulled his hand. Eunkwang pouted and looked hurt. Minhyuk looked at Ilhoon. On the other side, Ravi was looking around and sighed to remember N wasn't there. He the realized Hongbin didn't get the chance to choose a partner.

"Aigoo...I just thought I can be your partner." Ravi said to Hongbin. Hongbin turned to him and noticed Hyuk was looking. Hongbin bit his lips. Somehow, he kind of detected Hyuk's feeling for Ravi. But he still wasn't sure.

"Jerk, just because N hyung wasn't here, so you find me, huh?" Ravi looked wronged.

"A-ani...I-"

"I'm ditching you, Kim Ravi." Hongbin said and skipped to Hyuk. He smiled to the maknae. "Can you take me as your partner?" Hyuk blinked to the sudden question from the elder. Hongbin gave his best smile. Hyuk rubbed his nape.

"Okay, I'm fine, Binnie hyung." Hongbin smiled and put his hand around Hyuk's shoulder. Hyuk sighed inside. Ravi pouted and sent a look at Hongbin. Hongbin noticed and just smiled. Hyuk didn't notice the small wordless conversation. Starlights were fangirling over Hongbin and Hyuk when the two paired up. Guess, the pair shipper was quite large also.

"I saw some problem here." Ken announced when he saw the unsettling case on Ilhoon, Hyunsik and Minhyuk. The attention turned to them. The writer noona took the MC role.

"Here, for the successful pair, come and pick out a paper to determine your allowance." The writer noona said and gave the box to Ken. Ken took it. "So, how are you guys?"

"I'm picking Ilhoon first, but Minhyuk hyung wants too." Hyunsik said. The lady looked at the two, Minhyuk and Ilhoon.

"First come first serve, I did say that, Minhyukkie." Minhyuk pouted.

"But noona~"

"Just get over it, you still can choose Eunkwang and...wait, who didn't have partner yet?" Ravi put up his hand. Changseob stated he will take Ravi. Ravi just turned Changseob, the two exchanged a smile. Changseob obviously controlled himself to the limit as he still remained calm even when Hyunsik looked so serious on making Ilhoon as his partner. That's hurt him the most and he was really mad with Ilhoon at that point but he didn't burst. Thanks to Melody around them keeping him in sane. But his heart burned when the fans started to chant 'HoonSik' couple name for Hyunsik and Ilhoon.

"Um, leave Eunkwang to you, Minhyukkie. Now the allowance." The writer turned around and noticed Keo and HyukBin pair already picked theirs, the box was in PenJae's hand. Then it was passed to Ravi and Changseob to pick. Hyunsik picked after them and the box returned to the lady. She smiled to Minhyuk and gave the last paper. "You can open it now."

"Wow, this is soooo many!" Hongbin said when he opened the folded paper.

"Um, you got the highest one. So lucky." Each one of them showed the chosen paper. Ravi and Changseob got the lowest money among all of the 6 pair. They got the money in the envelope and asked for a name. The fans were chanting the paired name, Keo, MinKwang, PenJae, HoonSik and HyukBin.

"We can go with ChangSik then." Ravi said as the fans can't make a name for them. Some Melodies roared a no. Ravi raised his brow and asked why. A loud Melody answered him.

"Because ChangSik is for Changseob and Hyunsik oppa!" Ilhoon bit his lips to hear that. Changseob smirked. Ravi rubbed his nape.

"Ouh, okay, my bad."

"Just go with Rapper." Peniel said out of sudden. The fans cheered. Ravi chuckled while Changseob grinned like usual.

"Yeah, I'm the best rapper in BTOB." Changseob said proudly with a knowing look to Ilhoon. Well, he was boasting to make Ilhoon hurts. Ilhoon just stayed silent.

"Okay, guys. All of you may start now, 2 hours only okay? Good luck." The lady said and the time started. The 6 pairs separated in their own ways. Minhyuk ditched Eunkwang behind and the leader quickly caught up to him. Some Melodies followed the two. Sungjae dragged Peniel with him, going along the way that they can have a taste on famous street Korean snack. Both of them once went out with Eunhye, so they kind of know some food Eunhye like. Fans also followed the two. Ken and Leo were discussing and even had a bit small argument. Leo was detailed on Sam's food, remembering the facts in the file given by Chihyeon. While Ken thought they should bought anything that a kid like, because he was sure Eunhye will like it. The fans also moved around Ken and Leo who started to walk after the argument. Hyuk asked Hongbin for advise as he didn't know. HyukBin pair was thinking before moving to somewhere Hongbin's leading. Some fans followed.

"We should just walk and find something matched the kids' taste" Ravi said. Changseob nodded and they left the place. Changseob had some glances on Hyunsik and Ilhoon but he can't be so obvious and leaving with Ravi is the best way to keep him in sane before he openly bullied Ilhoon.

Ilhoon and Hyunsik just stayed silent there. Hyunsik was still holding Ilhoon's shoulder without a word. Ilhoon didn't move a bit but loosened up a little, at least after Changseob left. Now, he was like forgotten to breathe as the closeness was killing him inside. Hyunsik took a breath. "I had no idea what kind of food to buy, but I just want to spent sometimes with you. Follow me, we should let all out today. The reason why you keep avoiding me." Hyunsik whispered and let his hand down before grabbing Ilhoon's hand. He pulled the younger to follow him. The fans dispersed to follow their bias and the cameramen also followed each of the pairs they're assigned to.

 

 

Filming set

Kim San came down the stairs with a big smile. "Noona~~" He greeted the main actress, they're filming the next scene. The woman smiled and ruffled the boy's hair.

"How are you, San ah?" San smiled wider.

"Fine, because Woon hyung is here. And I don't feel lonely because my family is here." He grinned. The woman pulled him to sit and the boy adorably aegyoed to sit on her lap. The woman smiled and took him on her lap.

"San ah."

"Neh, noona?"

"Woonie...is he having a hard time?" The boy tilted his head cutely.

"Why?" The woman shook her head.

"It's nothing." The silence came for a second before the twins entered the house.

"We're back." The maid came to greet the twins. They asked for food and came in, noticing San and their hyung's girlfriend. The woman smiled.

"Welcome back, Yoon ah, Yul ah." Yoon rolled her eyes and walked away up the

Please log in to read the full chapter