XXIV

IN TIME 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s POV

Like I promised I started attending my classes under her the next day but she did not show up till our allotted class time ended and I wondered why...I never saw her the whole day, made me wonder if Mrs. Lee’s finally back...I wanted to text her but forbid myself to do so since it’ll be more easy for both of us not seeing each other...same with the very next day no word from her and neither Mrs. Lee...I tried asking my brother how’s his Soojung doing trying to have some details but he told me she’s been avoiding his calls lately...I finally decided to give it a try sending her a message but still got no answer from her...I was starting to worry that I ended up infront of her door the next day after my class...

“Krys?...are you in there? It’s me” I called out when no one came for the door after I pressed on the doorbell.

I am about to leave when finally I heard the door unlocked.. “hey...” a weak yet audible voice was heard from inside. I peeked inside the door and my eyes widened when I saw Krystal wrapped up with a blanket and she looked really sick as she walked wobbly towards the sofa...

“yah! How could you let yourself be like this? You’re making your students worried you should’ve atleast told them you’re sick...” I heard a soft chuckle instead...

“my students?...then does it mean you do too since...” she coughed “you’re here?”

“I’m your student too remember?”

She pushed me when I sat next to her “don’t...I don’t want you to get colds too” she raised her head and finally I got a clearer look of her....she’s so pale and looked so weak... I reached out my hand to feel her forehead...

“ Krys you’re burning hot...let’s go I’ll take you to a doctor..”*and doctor means going to a hospital*

“I’m okay” she refused but I saw her shivered...

“but you don’t look okay to me...” she then sighed.*you hate hospital Amber* my mind strongly opposed.

“okay let me get changed first” she stood up but when she walked a few steps she fell down and lost consciousness..

“Krys!...” I held her in my arms “hey wake up...Krys” she did not move a muscle making me panick...I carried her in my back and ran out the door to call for help...I had to run a few blocks to be able to call for a cab. “hang on Krys....”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at Krystal lying at the bed sleeping soundly I really felt guilty for making her wait that night...she shouldn’t be here *and I shouldn’t be here*...god knows how much I hate this place... if I only went straight to the park and declined Suzy’s offer to have dinner at their house.. well if she wanted me to worry she did succeed...I shook my head as I caressed her forehead...*stubborn Jung* suddenly, I felt pain in my chest and I knew right then I’ve overworked myself when I brought her here...I closed my eyes trying to ease the pain...I have this condition since I was a kid that even playing outdoors were forbidden...thank god I always had Suzy as my playmate...but then later on as I got older I was finally able to play basketball but not for long...cause going overboard means being in this place..I looked at the clock and realized it’s already seven in the evening...I forgot to inform my brother I’ll be going home late and he might worry about me...The doctor told me she needs to stay for few more days so I had to ask them to contact her family and look for her for the meantime since I need to go home already..after the doctor left, she slowly moved and opened her eyes...

“hey....how are you feeling?...don’t do that again!...you scared me” Instead of an answer she smiled looking at me *oh please don’t look at me like that* “what?”

“I could do it more often to see how you care then”

“I----I need to go home...I already told the doctor to call your sister so maybe later on she’ll be here...you---you should rest now” as I grabbed my bag just the right time my phone rang...just as I thought my brother’s already looking for me...I felt a tug on my shirt...I told her to keep silent as I picked up the call...

‘stay...” she mouthed while I was making white lies telling my brother I’m at my classmate’s house

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter